Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleLayYouIn
Taurus
Male User Gallery

Loc: Organ
Marijuana Stealth Grow Box #3
    #8125619 - 03/09/08 10:32 PM (16 years, 22 days ago)

here's the new design of the box...

this is what will go in it...

400 Watt HPS with a CoolTube Reflector

Digital Electronic Ballast - Manufactured by "DIGITAL GREENHOUSE"

GrowBright 4" Inline Fan - HTG says that it is quiet.

Elf Carbon Filter

Suncourt 4" Inline Duct Fan

Temperature Cooling Thermostat

ill mount the ballast on the wall above the bottom ventilation box and ill put the power-strip/timer/electronics on top of the bottom ventilation box near the wall. next to the power-strip/timer/electronics ill have two 5" computer fans, one blowing upwards at a 45 degree angle and one blowing downwards at a 45 degree angle. the thermostat will go in the very top of the box by the carbon filter.

here are my questions...

will this box overheat in a room that is 70f?

would this box act as a heater and warm a 70f room up over the course of 24 hours?

would this box be loud?

will the two 4" ducts at the bottom be enough passive intake and not cause a whistling sound?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineApJunkie
part-time Ninja
Male

Loc: Loc:Loc:Loc:Loc:Loc:
Re: Marijuana Stealth Grow Box #3 [Re: LayYouIn]
    #8125883 - 03/09/08 11:55 PM (16 years, 22 days ago)

Is the carbon filter inside the box or am I misreading that?
You want the only air leaving the box to pass through the carbon filter so you can be sure no smell gets out. If you're just blowing the air through the filter back into the box you're not really accomplishing anything.

I guess you probably already knew that, I think I just got confused by the drawing somehow...

Offlineluckytriple6
spun, confused, and needing hugs
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: lost in head... come find... Flag
Re: Marijuana Stealth Grow Box #3 [Re: ApJunkie]
    #8127871 - 03/10/08 03:11 PM (16 years, 22 days ago)

K.I.S.S
I have a 1'x1'x1'and a 2'x1.5'x1.5 cardboard box. slap down a rockwool slab, hand water, and don't buy expensive lights/air scrubbers from the hydro store. spent a lot of money getting caught the first time, learned a lot. It seems from my expierence that people are less likely to look in a stack of boxes than they are to check your dresser/cabinet/desk. air scrubbers are easy and cheap to make, a cheap carbon scrubber for the hydro shop a round here is about $100. The electrical supply store is your friend, I was looking for a socket for a HPS ballast, $50 hydro shop/ $5 electrical supply. EXPECT noise to be heard from your box, if everything is off in the house can you still hear the box.....lots of money at the hydro shop got me caught, nothing worked like I needed, would have been great to set up in a basement or spare room

OfflineApJunkie
part-time Ninja
Male

Re: Marijuana Stealth Grow Box #3 [Re: luckytriple6]
    #8127958 - 03/10/08 03:29 PM (16 years, 22 days ago)

How'd you get caught?

Offlineluckytriple6
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #8128280 - 03/10/08 05:04 PM (16 years, 22 days ago)

too much noise from the fans/bubbler and my ona gel didn't work all that great for the oder. someone put 1+1+1 together and found my weed

--------------------
Let me out of this place
I'm outta place
I'm in outer space
I've just vanished without a trace
I'm going to a pretty place now where the flowers grow
I'll be back in an hour or so

[quote]Abuse said:
the dea can go fuck themselves! with the internet, the impossible is possible![/quote]

Offlineluckytriple6
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #8128308 - 03/10/08 05:15 PM (16 years, 22 days ago)

LayYouIn's box looks good but expensive. I got a 6" fan and a speed controller to slow it down...supposedly to reduce the noise. the only noise reduced was the air moving, not the hum of the fan. as for the bubbler i went as far as putting it in a foam box to muffle the noise but it was not enough. i had pulled a few crops before i got caught, one day i was out and my dad came home and nothing was on in the house. Apperently he heard a humming or vibration and searched the house to find out what had been left on. he finally checked my room, they know i smoke and don't care as they do to, but it didn't smell like smoked pot...they made me gut my box, said getting caught with an oz isn't as big of a deal as cultivation charges. my p's are cool though, mom was asking all sorts of q's about my san pedro, even set me up with a new pot and cactus soil.

--------------------
Let me out of this place
I'm outta place
I'm in outer space

[quote]Abuse said:
the dea can go fuck themselves! with the internet, the impossible is possible![/quote]

InvisibleLayYouIn
Taurus
Male User Gallery

#8128745 - 03/10/08 07:02 PM (16 years, 21 days ago)

Quote:

ApJunkie said:
Is the carbon filter inside the box or am I misreading that?

yes.  the carbon filter is inside of the box since having it outside of the box wouldn't be very stealth.  the blue arrows represent the direction of airflow.  if you look closely, air from within the box, is being sucked through the carbon filter by the fan, then it passes through the fan, and is then pushed out of the box.

Quote:

luckytriple6 said:
LayYouIn's box looks good but expensive. I got a 6" fan and a speed controller to slow it down...supposedly to reduce the noise. the only noise reduced was the air moving, not the hum of the fan. as for the bubbler...

what kindof fan is it that hummed?  the fan im looking at is suppose to be "quite".  i emailed HTG Supply and asked them about the fan and they said that it is "relatively quiet".

im not going to grow hydro....just soil.

this box isn't going to go in my mommy's or daddy's house, it'll go into an apartment of my own.  security is more important than stealth.  i would rather have a locked box than a cardboard box(:rolleyes:).

as far as price, tis all good.  im planning on ordering everything from HTG Supply...probley about a $700 order.

Offlineluckytriple6
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #8129006 - 03/10/08 07:53 PM (16 years, 21 days ago)

stealth and security go hand and hand. my fan was a dayton. looks like a pc fan but big

--------------------
Let me out of this place
I'm outta place
I'm in outer space

[quote]Abuse said:

OfflineApJunkie
part-time Ninja
Male

#8129032 - 03/10/08 07:56 PM (16 years, 21 days ago)

Not necessarily the same. if he knows his landlord is coming in (which he will, since the landlord is required by law to give notice) he can turn off all the fans and pumps for the 15 minutes the apartment is occupied. Even if the noise is still going on and the landlord asks questions he's required to get a warrant to open it if the box is locked.
On the other hand, a cardboard box has no protection (mechanical or legal) and even someone like a plumber has authority to call the cops.

InvisibleLayYouIn
Taurus
Male User Gallery

#8129254 - 03/10/08 08:31 PM (16 years, 21 days ago)

Quote:

luckytriple6 said:
my fan was a dayton. looks like a pc fan but big

the fan im planning on buy is the GrowBright 4" Inline Fan. it's on HTG Supply's website(please check it out...i cant post direct links).

the other fan i was looking at was the "Panasonic Whisper Line 120 CFM 4" Duct In-Line Fan"(typing this into a search engine will give an immediate link). but this fan isn't as powerful as the other.

Quote:

ApJunkie said:
Even if the noise is still going on and the landlord asks questions he's required to get a warrant to open it if the box is locked.

true. the only stealth i really want from the box, is for the smell.

even if i have a big loud humming box that would make even a non-pot-smoker think "that's a marijuana growing box", if the box is locked up well and there's no way to look inside of it without damaging it, and there's no marijuana smell, they cant legally do anything.

of course though, i would like it to be silent since it'll be in my room and running at night when i sleeping.

OfflineApJunkie
part-time Ninja
Male

#8129392 - 03/10/08 08:54 PM (16 years, 21 days ago)

My plan is to just tell people (assuming someone finds it...which I hope they won't) it's a server box for hosting websites and online gaming. It's a legitimate source of second income, and nobdy would question that considering how big of nerds me and my roommates are :lol:

InvisibleLayYouIn
Taurus
Male User Gallery

#8133618 - 03/11/08 07:53 PM (16 years, 20 days ago)

Quote:

ApJunkie said:
My plan is to just tell people (assuming someone finds it...which I hope they won't) it's a server box for hosting websites and online gaming.

this is what ill do if anyone that i know see's it. but im worried that in the middle of a grow(like during flowering) my landlord would come by and need to change something for the windows and need to go in my room. if i turned the thing completely off, the smelly air would probley build up and escape through the passive intake. so i would have to keep it running and if he/she asked what it was and i said it was a server(which is what id say), it may still look suspicious.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck