Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Unfolding Nature Shop: Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineSneezingPenis
ACHOOOOOOOOO!!!!!111!
 User Gallery
The Discrepency between goals/hopes/dreams and reality
    #8116735 - 03/07/08 04:26 PM (16 years, 24 days ago)

ok, so orgone gives his philosophy from the raquetball court, and Icelander is probably a mortician.... and red pandas....

so here you get to listen to my perception from behind the mixing console.
I get to see atleast once every week, someones dreams obliterated. So many people move to Nashville, or visit here, and I can literally see what they thought the experience was going to be.
By the time they actually get on my stage, they have been so emotionally beaten that the empty room they are about to play to almost fills their eyes with tears.
The idea that they had in their head was so far off from reality... when they laid down to go to sleep everynight, they would envision an annoucner rabidly pumping up the crowd, then their name is announced and the roar of the crowd is deafening as panties shower the stage... they get to the mic and say something that makes the crowd die laughing then continue to rawk their faces off until a triple standing ovation encore ensues and shortly after A&R reps are climbing on top of each other just to offer you a record deal.

the entertainment industry is a very odd one.... in the way that whenever professionals do their job correctly, it looks like a job of leisure.
People think that "oh she has a nice voice, and she is pretty, she should be a performing artist". there is so much more than that... but as the ignorant masses you never see behind the scenes, you never see what it really takes.
so then, all these people are "inspired" in a way to "make it".... because they think "Hey I can stand on stage and sing and put my arms out like evita".

and talent has absolutely nothing to do with it.... it is merely lots of hard work. anyone can become a rock star. but when people see that it isnt instant gratification or luxurious... they give up and make excuses.
I run a great sounding room... everyone loves the monitors. 10 times out of 10, when these n00bs get up on stage, and hit a bad note, they instantly look over at me and get me to turn them up.... I give them three strikes... the third time they try to blame their tone deafness on me I just ring their ears out with feedback.

I guess this is more of a rant, but... people.... pipedreams need to stay that way. Once you learn the reality of any situation, its glamour falls apart.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinebackfromthedead
Activated

Re: The Discrepency between goals/hopes/dreams and reality [Re: SneezingPenis]
    #8119242 - 03/08/08 09:35 AM (16 years, 24 days ago)

'the third time they try to blame their tone deafness on me I just ring their ears out with feedback.'

Funny. Most shitty singers want to be buried in the mix not poked out the top. How might you produce feedback if your room is tuned correctly?? You deserve a negative ratio compressor.

--------------------

Invisiblethedudenj
Man of the Woods

Re: The Discrepency between goals/hopes/dreams and reality [Re: backfromthedead]
    #8123238 - 03/09/08 12:41 PM (16 years, 23 days ago)

haha my dreams are reality

--------------------

"You all are just  puppets... You have no heart...and cannot feel any pain...""
you may think thats pain you feel but you must have a heart to feel true pain and that pain wont be yours

Invisiblederanger
 User Gallery

Loc: off the wall
Re: The Discrepency between goals/hopes/dreams and reality [Re: SneezingPenis]
    #8123338 - 03/09/08 01:25 PM (16 years, 23 days ago)

Quote:

YawningAnus said:
ok, so orgone gives his philosophy from the raquetball court, and Icelander is probably a mortician.... and red pandas....

:rofl:

Jump to top Pages: 1

Unfolding Nature Shop: Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order