Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineLizard King
King Lizard

Loc: GA
Re: BlueStain
    #81131 - 02/15/00 09:36 PM (24 years, 1 month ago)

All cubensis should bruise this way. If not, it doesn't contain a very high level of psilocin. I'm not sure if you can use the shade of blue for a potency indicator or not. I've always thought that the darker blue they stain, the more potent they are. I'm not going to say thats always the fact or not, because I'm not sure and don't wanna spread misinformation.

Not all liberty caps bruise, actually very few do. But that doesn't mean they ain't potent. There is still a good amount of psilocybin in those mushrooms, its just that psilocybin doesn't bruise/stain blue. So a cubensis that doesn't bruise much or at all, could still be very potent with high levels of psilocybin.

The Lizard,

[This message has been edited by Lizard King (edited February 15, 2000).]

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Loc: gone with my shrooms
Re: BlueStain [Re: Lizard King]
    #81133 - 02/16/00 10:20 AM (24 years, 1 month ago)

When one damages the flesh of the mushroom, an enzyme oxidises and causes the mushroom to stain blue.

This is psilocine excaping.

You can read more about the bluing reaction in my article "Close encounters of the Panaeolus Kind at:

erowid.org

Mj. It is a small indication of identification. However, there are deadly mushrooms which are blue naturally that can kill you such as Boletus cyanescens and some blue staining Mycena's from Indonesia..

Mj

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Loc: gone with my shrooms
    #81134 - 02/16/00 10:22 AM (24 years, 1 month ago)

When one damages the flesh of the mushroom, an enzyme oxidises and causes the mushroom to stain blue.

This is psilocine excaping.

You can read more about the bluing reaction in my article "Close encounters of the Panaeolus Kind at:

erowid.org

Mj. It is a small indication of identification. However, there are deadly mushrooms which are blue naturally that can kill you such as Boletus cyanescens and some blue staining Mycena's from Indonesia..

Furthermore, not every psilocybian containing mushroom will bruise ble even thoug it has psilocybin in them.. The liverty caps are a good example. with the best of all highs next to the effects of Psilocybe mexicana heim.

Mj

InvisiblePsylosymon
Carpal Tunnel

#81135 - 02/16/00 01:43 AM (24 years, 1 month ago)

Blueing is very rare when I pick Libs,I have only encountered about 6 blueing semis out of thousands.And it was a day I was thinking just how irelevant blueing is for Libs,sure enough about 10 seconds later there before my eys was a patch of libs with blue stems! :biggrin:

------------------
Father Psylosymon:PRAISE OOLAR!!!!!!!!!!!
Listen to brother oDin,show us your tits!
"name the weed Sharon, cuz I'm stoned.."
Show & AG

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract