Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineKenny.7410
Stranger

Salvia Leaves - Extraction Questions
    #8107137 - 03/05/08 05:21 PM (16 years, 1 month ago)

On Tuesday of this week I received my two ounces of Salvia Divinorum. I made my purchase from bouncing bear botanicals. I received the leaves and the next day (Wednesday) I went to my local wal-mart and purchased two bottles of isopropyl alcohol 91%. I powdered 15 grams of the Salvia leaf I put all of the 15 grams of leaf into a glass and added the alcohol. I mixed for about 5 minutes, and repeated the process three times. I was left with a bowl full of green isopropyl alcohol. I put about 2 grams of leaf into this liquid and set it in the sun to dry. It is still in the process of drying almost all the way dry. Is this a good method? I think I might have messed up because I read somewhere that sunlight can mess up the salvinorin A content in the alcohol.

Another question I had was if I was to make a tincture of salvia using 5 grams of leaf and McCormicks vodka would I be able to put a few drops onto a blotter and dose this way? I have read also that salvia tinctures can burn and cause damage to your tonuge.

The reason I bought the salvia leaf is becuase I have previously purchased salvia 10x and all I really got from it was a body high, I held my hits from about 20 seconds from a home-made bubbler, using a torch lighter, in a very comfortable place. I am looking to get strong visuals and an insightful trip that I will learn something from. I do still have some of the gram of 10x I had previously purchased and alot of my friends want to try it but they are just looking to get high and I try to explain to them that that is the reason that salvia is becoming illegal and that the plant is not meant to be used to just a high, although they just dont understand and look at me odd. Thanks for your help and sorry my post is so long.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineNEPHROSIS
Stranger

Re: Salvia Leaves - Extraction Questions [Re: Kenny.7410]
    #8107229 - 03/05/08 05:43 PM (16 years, 1 month ago)

Salvia blotter (for oral use) doesn't work to my knowledge.

Get some naphtha so you can clean your extract of waxes and that bullshit next time.

There's some good info on the net for salvia extractions if you search.

Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

Re: Salvia Leaves - Extraction Questions [Re: NEPHROSIS]
    #8107469 - 03/05/08 06:32 PM (16 years, 1 month ago)

ya you should search
I have only done acetone extractions.

--------------------
:confused: _ :brainfart:🧠  _ :finger:

OfflineKenny.7410
Stranger

#8107603 - 03/05/08 07:03 PM (16 years, 1 month ago)

Another thing, after I have the extracted liquid that is green with the gram or two of leaves in it, could I boil them to evaporate it quicker? Or is there a good chance of it lighting on fire, haha, thanks for the help.

OfflineNEPHROSIS
Stranger

#8107806 - 03/05/08 07:36 PM (16 years, 1 month ago)

Use a fan...don't boil high % alcohol...

InvisibleTripityDooDaDay
Prick
Male User Gallery

Re: Salvia Leaves - Extraction Questions [Re: NEPHROSIS]
    #8108177 - 03/05/08 08:34 PM (16 years, 1 month ago)

Chilled acetone works better and much faster. Do not heat it. Shorten the time to around 3 minutes and keep your second and third washes separate as they will not be even close to the quality of the first one. Use a fan for evaporation and keep it out of the sunlight. You also need to check your math if you want it to be stronger than the 10X you had before. What you described that you are making will be around 7.5X.

You can take things farther and use naptha to clean it up but I've found that to incur more expense and trouble than it's worth to me personally.

Also a bubbler is fine for smoking but use as little water as you can stand. For best effects you want to avoid cooling and filtering the vapors too much.

Good luck and by all means search some of the many extractions on the net.

OfflineZinglons Acolyte
Wizard Ninja
Male User Gallery

Loc: Andromeda Galaxy
    #8108664 - 03/05/08 09:51 PM (16 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Kenny.7410 said:
Another thing, after I have the extracted liquid that is green with the gram or two of leaves in it, could I boil them to evaporate it quicker? Or is there a good chance of it lighting on fire, haha, thanks for the help.

boiling wont hurt the potency

but if ur going to boil alcohol you must use either a double boiler, or you must use an electric burner with no flame

--------------------
And they wandered off.. nine ways till bedfast.
-----
"And lets pray that there's intelligent life somewhere up in space 'cause theres bugger-all down here on earth!"  -Monty Python's "The Universe Song" from The Meaning of Life
"In the beginning, the universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely considered as a bad move."  -Douglas Adams "The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy"
"If the words 'life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness' don't include the right to experiment with your own consciousness, then the Declaration of Independence isn't worth the hemp it was written on." -Terence McKenna

Invisiblemother_of_pearl
Are youexperienced?
Male User Gallery

Loc: Phoenix, AZ
    #8115467 - 03/07/08 10:17 AM (16 years, 1 month ago)

I use an electric oven to boil down any extractions I make with 91% alcohol. I put the temperature at 150 to 200 degrees (I use Bomex and Pyrex ware in oven). I've also used a blow dryer taped to a chair and set it about two feet from extract (out side 15 feet from anything). I've used the blow dryer with acetone as well.

I don't bother with Naptha since I vaporize my salvia.

When I've gotten great deals on salvia extract (say around 3 dollars a gram for 20x) I've diluted it down to 10x with 91% alcohol and made smoking blends with other things like dagga etc..

Edited by mother_of_pearl (03/07/08 06:04 PM)

OfflineZinglons Acolyte
Wizard Ninja
Male User Gallery

Loc: Andromeda Galaxy
Re: Salvia Leaves - Extraction Questions [Re: mother_of_pearl]
    #8116896 - 03/07/08 05:03 PM (16 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

mother_of_pearl said:
I don't bother with Naptha since I vaporizer my salvia.

really? what type of vape? and how does it work out for you?

--------------------
And they wandered off.. nine ways till bedfast.
-----
"And lets pray that there's intelligent life somewhere up in space 'cause theres bugger-all down here on earth!"  -Monty Python's "The Universe Song" from The Meaning of Life
"In the beginning, the universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely considered as a bad move."  -Douglas Adams "The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy"
"If the words 'life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness' don't include the right to experiment with your own consciousness, then the Declaration of Independence isn't worth the hemp it was written on." -Terence McKenna

Invisiblemother_of_pearl
Are youexperienced?
Male User Gallery

Loc: Phoenix, AZ
Re: Salvia Leaves - Extraction Questions [Re: Zinglons Acolyte]
    #8117115 - 03/07/08 05:58 PM (16 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Zinglons Acolyte said:
Quote:

mother_of_pearl said:
I don't bother with Naptha since I vaporizer my salvia.

really? what type of vape? and how does it work out for you?

The two that I know for sure that work with Salvia Are the Silver Surfer and the Vapor Genie (hand held). I did learn like many others that not all vaporizers will work with Salvia But these two I can attest to. I have had experience with a Volcanoe, and a Herbalaire 2.1 (both of which are great vaporizers but no good for salvia)I have a picture of the Silver Surfer in my picture area. The Vapor Genie is more like a more highly advanced pipe, but it is more easy to master than a light bulb vaporizer and is more in line with limited budgets.

Jump to top Pages: 1