Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomCube.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinemattso
Malcontent
 User Gallery

Loc: Western WA
Re: Ok kiddies, Its about time we discuss the details of transplanting cow pies
    #80954 - 01/29/00 12:41 PM (24 years, 1 month ago)

I have a freind who lives in Georgia - told me about the way she does it. ( I of course have only a little in the way of practical knowledge of warm-weather shrooms )

My Friend gathered cow pies she knew and/or strongly suspected to be infested with psilocybe fungi. She also took a lesser quantity of poo which was ( in her words ) "disturbingly fresh and stout" and gathered it all up in a couple of big ol' lawn and leaf bags. She took them home and put them in a shady spot in her back yard. She said it got diffused sunlight./// presumably trickling through the trees...
A pile of poo, about four inches deep, and 4 X 8 feet in area. She watered it once with a hose and covered it with visqueen (sp) though I suppose any semi-opaque plactic would work... maybe the same lawn and leaf bags you brought the stuff home in... She pinned down the corners and left it for a a weeks. She lifted off the plastic and let it sit. A rain came about a week later and mushrooms pinned soon after... She said she picked over a hundred shrooms from her patch, before it was done flushing..

She's kept it going since, by buying steer manure, and adding a couple handfulls of lime, to help keep the PH up, (and by going into fields and collecting fresh poo - which dosen't need help with PH )
and then adding it into the pile.

This is going on three years now.

Makes cents to me!

--------------------
"Humanity is entering into a time of consequences" ---
- Winston Churchill

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinesean123
Stranger
Re: Ok kiddies, Its about time we discuss the details of transplanting cow pies [Re: mattso]
    #80956 - 01/29/00 02:50 PM (24 years, 1 month ago)

You need the cows. The mushrooms let off spores which land in the grass and then the cows eat the grass with the spores and while the sproes travel through the many stomachs of the cow the spores have sex inside the cow. when i say the spores have a sex i mean the spores germinate inside the cow when a spore germinates it developes primary mycelium when two spores which complement each other sexually germinate and the primary mycelium from each spore meets the other it forms secondary mycelium. secondary mycelium is the mycelium which forms fruit bodies.

i am not sure if you could just take a bunch of cow pies and put them out side and they would produce mushrooms.

OfflineLizard King
King Lizard

Loc: GA
Re: Ok kiddies, Its about time we discuss the details of transplanting cow pies [Re: mattso]
    #80957 - 01/29/00 03:10 PM (24 years, 1 month ago)

True sean123, you do need the cow to germinate the spores. Then after he shits those germinated spores into a big pile o' shit, you pick it up bring it home and watch it fruit. At least thats the plan. I haven't tried it yet, but I have a few piles of cow shit in the woods behind my house, that I took from the field in december. I'm hoping they fruit this spring? If so I had the same idea as GGREAT, start a huge outdoor patch in the woods and keep adding fresh shit every so often. Maybe even introduce new spores to the patch and see what happens? All I can say is try it GGreat, it sounds like it should work. I would say use cow pies that you see fruiting, and fresh ones that could have growing mycelium in them. You'll want your patch in indirect light. Direct light is said to break down the active compounds in mushrooms. Good luck and post your results. I remember shroom wizard telling me he brought a few patties home from the field one night and 4 days later they fruited. As long as you get the patties with live mycelium in them it'll work.

The Lizard,

--------------------

InvisibleGGreatOne234
Stranger
    #80958 - 01/29/00 07:00 PM (24 years, 1 month ago)

delete

[This message has been edited by GGreatOne234 (edited May 02, 2000).]

InvisibleGGreatOne234
Stranger
    #80959 - 01/30/00 02:30 PM (24 years, 1 month ago)

++++++++++ssssss+++++++++++++++++++
++++++hhhhhh(((())))hhhhhh+++++++++++++
++++++rrrr((((((((()))))))))rrrr++++++++++++
+++++oooooooooooooooooooo++++++++++
++++++++++++++oo+++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++oooo++++++++++++++++
++++++++++++++oo+++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++oo++++++++++++++++
++++++++++++++++oo+++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++00++++++++++++++
+++++++++mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm+++++
+++++++ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss++++

[This message has been edited by GGreatOne234 (edited January 30, 2000).]

OfflineLizard King
King Lizard

Loc: GA
    #80960 - 01/30/00 03:43 PM (24 years, 1 month ago)

Shrooms in the new patch you made already? Or shrooms you found today? You make me jealous GGreat :wink: There isn't a single mushroom to be found in Georgia, of ANY type. For the last week, we've had freezing rain. The cow pies have had 1/2 inch of ice or more on them. Nothings gonna grow through that :wink: I'm comin' to Florida damnit :smile: Your so damn lucky. Seriously I'm making a road trip around spring break to Fla. First I'm gonna hit Jax. then Gainsville for some fresh cubies. Then I was thinking of hittin' up your fields in the southern Fla. area, and looking for some copelandia cyananescens :smile: I'm tired of waiting for our fields to fruit. Who knows, maybe we'll meet up?

The Lizard,

--------------------

InvisibleGGreatOne234
Stranger
    #80961 - 01/30/00 06:36 PM (24 years, 1 month ago)

delete

[This message has been edited by GGreatOne234 (edited May 02, 2000).]

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract