Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinekrin
Stranger
 User Gallery

Evaporative Humidifier - Harmful and/or Inefficient?
    #8089621 - 03/01/08 12:24 PM (16 years, 30 days ago)

I have an evaporative humidifier (which uses a wick and a fan) that I'd like to use for mycological purposes.

Ive read that evaporative humidifiers should not be used, however I am wondering if this is because the anti-bacterial agents added to the filter are dangerous for the fungi? Some other explanation?
Is it just the fact that ultrasonic models are more efficient?

I would simply be enclosing the humidifier and piping the moistened air directly into my fruiting chamber, and using perlite/hand spraying for my primary moisture sources.
The humidifier would simply be a stabilizer, and would be used to fine tune a humidity balance.

I would soak the filter regularly in a vinegar solution to remove any calcifications etc.

Another question: How important is it to be using distilled water?
The water from my well is quite mineralized, is this terribly detrimental to the grow?

My friends i thank you

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix