Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
InvisibleBridgeburner
Not spiritual at all.
Male

Folding@home Statistics
US says drug usage in Spain worst in Europe, also a major transshipment point
    #8088808 - 03/01/08 05:49 AM (16 years, 1 month ago)

http://www.iht.com/articles/ap/2008/02/29/america/NA-GEN-US-Spain-Drugs.php

One in five of the European Union's cocaine users lives in Spain, and 3 percent of its own people are regular users, the U.S. State Department said Friday.

Spain also is Europe's largest consumer of designer drugs and hashish, while remaining a major transshipment site for cocaine imported from South and Central America, the department said in its annual International Narcotics Control Strategy Report.

"The Spanish government ranks drug trafficking as one of its most important law enforcement concerns and continues to maintain excellent relations with U.S. counterparts," the report released Friday said.

Spain is "the principal entry, transshipment, and consumption zone for the large quantities of South American cocaine and Moroccan cannabis destined for European consumer markets," the report said. It also is "a major source and transit location for drug proceeds returning to South and Central America.

While Colombia remains apparently Spain's largest supplier of cocaine "information available suggests an increase in shipments of illicit cocaine from Bolivia. Bolivian cocaine is transshipped through Venezuela and Argentina by vessel or plane to the Iberian Peninsula."

In the face of such facts, the report indicated U.S. narcotics authorities are pleased with enforcement efforts by the Spanish national police, the Guardia Civil gendarmerie, customs services and autonomous regional police forces.

They "maintained an intense operational tempo during 2007, and as of early November were on track to seize near-record amounts of cocaine," it said, and were active against distributors of synthetic drugs such as LSD and Ecstasy.

The report said Spanish authorities recorded two large hashish seizures in August, when the Civil Guard seized 5,549 kilograms and arrested nine people in Gerona and Seville. In October, authorities intercepted 4,600 kilograms and arrested 19 people in southwestern Spain.

The product was believed to have originated in North Africa and was transported to Spain by a large vessel, which is the usual route for hashish, the report said. It said most comes from Morocco or Algeria.

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineVisionary Tools
Male User Gallery

Re: US says drug usage in Spain worst in Europe, also a major transshipment point [Re: Bridgeburner]
    #8088853 - 03/01/08 06:43 AM (16 years, 1 month ago)

How is MDMA or LSD synthetic, and cocaine powder not?

--------------------

OfflineLSDaytripper
Believer
Male

Loc: Ohio
Re: US says drug usage in Spain worst in Europe, also a major transshipment point [Re: Visionary Tools]
    #8089221 - 03/01/08 10:19 AM (16 years, 1 month ago)

How is this any of the US's business?

--------------------
***** (10:42:46 PM): This is so strange
***** (10:42:53 PM): Becuase I feel that I am very altered
***** (10:42:57 PM): But at the same exact time
***** (10:43:28 PM): I am closer to the real me, the real me who decides who I am, the entire me

Offlinenk pakelika
Visual assassin
Male

Loc: the mirror
Re: US says drug usage in Spain worst in Europe, also a major transshipment point [Re: Visionary Tools]
    #8089697 - 03/01/08 12:42 PM (16 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Visionary Tools said:

cause cocaine powder is derived from coca leaves. mdma and LSD are completely synthetic.

Quote:

Spain also is Europe's largest consumer of designer drugs

so what the fuck is a designer drug. i keep hearing about this shit and never hear an explanation.

--------------------
when i get up i wake-n-bake, take a pis and shake, my clock stops at 420 what you want me too say.

OfflineSeraph in Blue
Stranger

Re: US says drug usage in Spain worst in Europe, also a major transshipment point [Re: nk pakelika]
    #8090112 - 03/01/08 02:36 PM (16 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

nk pakelika said:
Quote:

Visionary Tools said:

cause cocaine powder is derived from coca leaves. mdma and LSD are completely synthetic.

Quote:

Spain also is Europe's largest consumer of designer drugs

so what the fuck is a designer drug. i keep hearing about this shit and never hear an explanation.

No, MDMA and LSD are both Semi-Synthetics as opposed to fully sythetics like phentanyl and methadone, etc. MDMA is derived from Safrole oil taken from the bark of the sassafrass tree and LSD from ergot fungus or LSA amides found in several plants if you didn't know.

The difference is that cocaine powder is just more of a refinement rather than a synthesis.

I believe that they mean when they say designer drugs they mean China white, ecstasy, RC's, phentanyl, etc.

InvisibleDepthToTheCore
JeeBuzz
Male User Gallery

Loc: Australia brah Flag
Re: US says drug usage in Spain worst in Europe, also a major transshipment point [Re: Seraph in Blue]
    #8090967 - 03/01/08 06:14 PM (16 years, 1 month ago)

*Fentanyl.

--------------------

"Those who dance are considered insane by those who cannot hear the music." - George Carlin

Invisiblejohnm214
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Americas
Re: US says drug usage in Spain worst in Europe, also a major transshipment point [Re: Seraph in Blue]
    #8091018 - 03/01/08 06:24 PM (16 years, 1 month ago)

I never bought this. Yeah I understand what people mean when they say "semisynthetic", but I don't think its a clear descriptor. In my mind, if you change the structure of the active species via synthesis, you've got a synthetic product.

As a thought excercise, try and think of any organic drug that's synthetic as opposed to "semi-synthetic or natural"... I can't think of any, and thus the "semi-synthetic" is kinda a worthless descriptor. "Made with natural precursors" seems more accurate.

Offlinebiggysmall
Stranger
Male

Loc: your moms bedroom
Re: US says drug usage in Spain worst in Europe, also a major transshipment point [Re: johnm214]
    #8091225 - 03/01/08 07:16 PM (16 years, 30 days ago)

would it be possible to consume the erogot fungus and not have any severe side affects?

OfflineSeraph in Blue
Stranger

Re: US says drug usage in Spain worst in Europe, also a major transshipment point [Re: biggysmall]
    #8091472 - 03/01/08 08:22 PM (16 years, 30 days ago)

Quote:

biggysmall said:
would it be possible to consume the erogot fungus and not have any severe side affects?

I heard somewhere that back in later BC in mesopotamia they would bake bread out of grains contaminated with ergot and then soak it in wine and consume the wine soaked bread and this somehow neutralized the toxins. This is probably just a theory though.

OfflineSeraph in Blue
Stranger

Re: US says drug usage in Spain worst in Europe, also a major transshipment point [Re: johnm214]
    #8091492 - 03/01/08 08:32 PM (16 years, 30 days ago)

Quote:

johnm214 said:
I never bought this. Yeah I understand what people mean when they say "semisynthetic", but I don't think its a clear descriptor. In my mind, if you change the structure of the active species via synthesis, you've got a synthetic product.

As a thought excercise, try and think of any organic drug that's synthetic as opposed to "semi-synthetic or natural"... I can't think of any, and thus the "semi-synthetic" is kinda a worthless descriptor. "Made with natural precursors" seems more accurate.

semi-synthetic seems to be reserved for drugs synthesized using natural organic or living compounds.

The semantics can get complicated, but for the scientific communities purposes, using semi-synthetic as a synonym for "made with a natural precursor" is fine and generally accepted.

Invisiblejohnm214
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #8091611 - 03/01/08 09:08 PM (16 years, 30 days ago)

so is gasoline semisynthetic then? Is GHB? Is prozac? tehy all come from organisms eventually

OfflineAlan RockefellerM
Mycologist
Male User Gallery

#8091854 - 03/01/08 10:19 PM (16 years, 30 days ago)

Yes, all synthetic chemicals are also semisynthetic.

You can also use the scientific term seminatural to describe a molecule that is part natural and part synthetic.

Invisiblejohnm214
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: US says drug usage in Spain worst in Europe, also a major transshipment point [Re: Alan Rockefeller]
    #8091951 - 03/01/08 10:47 PM (16 years, 30 days ago)

fine with me

Offlineakb112211
Stranger

Loc: UKUSANetherlands
Re: US says drug usage in Spain worst in Europe, also a major transshipment point [Re: biggysmall]
    #8092706 - 03/02/08 04:56 AM (16 years, 30 days ago)

Quote:

biggysmall said:

There is not much anecdotal evidence to support any positive or negative claims, but I have tried cold water extractions of up to 1gram of ergot with mild to no effects at all. There were several variables in play that would have lead to these outcomes. (like degradation over time, light exposure, etc.)
I have done a hot water extraction of about 30 infected grains with interesting mild, but distinct results. including dissipation of a migraine attack. Negatively, there could have been slight cramping of muscles in my extremities, but this could have been psychological as well as the other effects.

Here is a link from Entheogen.com with a whole series of conversations and theories regarding ergot. Sorry, this is unrelated to the topic at hand.
http://www.entheogen.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8998

Having said all that, I would still not recommend experimentation, due to the possible dangers. Having said that, I am still continuing my silly experiments.

As for cocaine, personally, I liked it when I've done it in the past(even when it was of questionable purity), but find it to be an unethical drug to consume(unless it were from your own plants). I don't intend to do it ever again if it has anything to do with the international drug trade. Yeah, yeah, I know, the drug laws/war on drugs create the problems. But, that doesn't justify supporting such a thing. I just hate the idea of drug dealing in general. But we don't live in an ideal world.

--------------------
"There never was and never will be,
Nor is there now,
The wholly criticized
Or the wholly approved"

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder