Home | Community | Message Board

NorthSpore.com BOOMR Bag!
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   North Spore Bulk Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinethemycologist
c21h30o2 inhaler
Loc: spiritual enlightenment
manure based spawn bag- crumble or leave whole?
    #8076431 - 02/27/08 09:19 AM (16 years, 24 days ago)

got a couple CC spawn bags (pf redspore) that have been sitting and trying to fruit invitro for the past month or so. they are both just covered in abhorts - no normals fruits have sprouted. soon the abhorts are going to rot, so something needs to be done here.

thinking about taking the substrate blocks out of the bags, cleaning off all the abhorts and casing them together.

should they be crumbled into a container and cased or should they just be left whole and placed into a container and cased? if left whole, should the blocks be touching? an aluminum baking pan could be bent to fit fairly snug around the 2 blocks. then use moist verm as a casing to cover them and fill in any crevasses, basically surround them with verm (except directly underneathe?) or would 50/50+ be a better choice here?

i know this is a mutated strain, but i think it will have a better chance if it's cased rather than continuing to try invitro.

thanks!

--------------------
"oh god...did you eat all this acid...?
you better pray to god there's some thorazine in that bag,
otherwise you're in bad fucking trouble..." - Raoul Duke

*everything written above is hypothetical, a farce, balderdash*

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineCiv
Pinning
Male User Gallery

Loc: California
Re: manure based spawn bag- crumble or leave whole? [Re: themycologist]
    #8076567 - 02/27/08 10:05 AM (16 years, 24 days ago)

Crumble and case for your maxium yeild. It will work either way, you will just get more and have more chance for success wuth crumble and spawn.

--------------------
"...Gal's seem to hate the thought of blending chicken shit in a blender.
So, wash it well afterwards & DON'T tell them..."  -Agar

Offlinezero cool
I'm a bag kindaguy
Male

Re: manure based spawn bag- crumble or leave whole? [Re: Civ]
    #8076596 - 02/27/08 10:16 AM (16 years, 24 days ago)

yeah, you def wanna crumble then case. also, you dont have to make mince meat out of the thing. i usually break up my blocks into 4ths, then i take three of the chunks and place them in an aluminum tray for the best fit. then take the last chunk and break it up into little bits and use this to fill in all the spaces between the bigger chunks. this seems to give me a quicker healing time for the mycelium.

--------------------
git them mushrooms Mario! git em!

Offlinethemycologist
c21h30o2 inhaler
Loc: spiritual enlightenment
Re: manure based spawn bag- crumble or leave whole? [Re: zero cool]
    #8078516 - 02/27/08 06:38 PM (16 years, 24 days ago)

no offense to the advice given, but i spoke with an expert on these bags and it was recommended to keep them whole. "crumbling and casing would be risky at this stage."

the bags will be used as the casing containers. the bags have been cut so that only a few inches of plastic are above the surface of the block. the cut bags were washed out and wiped with alcohol before the blocks (now abhort free) were placed back in them. 50/50 buffered with lime will be applied as casing. however, the question remains:

should casing just be placed only on top of the substrate blocks or should the blocks be surrounded (5 of 6 sides) with casing material? i.e. it should also be sprinkled down the sides of the bags in between the bag and the substrate?

(fc is basically shotgun/pmp)

thanks!

--------------------
"oh god...did you eat all this acid...?
you better pray to god there's some thorazine in that bag,
otherwise you're in bad fucking trouble..." - Raoul Duke

*everything written above is hypothetical, a farce, balderdash*

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   North Spore Bulk Substrate