Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleHumble lurker
Stranger
I discovered the meaning of everything! But then I forgot it
    #8067666 - 02/25/08 05:21 AM (16 years, 1 month ago)

When I first started smoking weed I used to get this all the time.  I would be so deep in thought and all of a sudden it was as if I'd realized the meaning of everything!

They were just epiphanies but my epiphanies were always coupled with a great euphoria and spiritual feeling.  The problem is I almost always forgot what caused the epiphany not long after having it!

So I started writing some of my epiphanies down.  The next day I would read them and they were always very insightful thoughts into various aspects of human nature etc but they weren't the almighty answer to everything that they had felt like!

It got me thinking into what is causing this feeling of euphoria to be so strongly linked with deeply revealing thoughts.  I'm thinking its possibly a biological reward for using intelligence (the ultimate survival tool at the moment) particularly well.  The weed (or mushrooms) being more a catalyst for deep objective thought that leads to the epiphany. 

However, the spiritual feeling is far more elusive to explain and describe.  I can describe it as an immense sense of being connected to everything, a huge feeling of compassion and contentedness but thats about as good as it gets for words.  Even then I have no idea if these words are actually conveying the awesomeness of a spiritual experience for me.

I'll stop here.  I would like to read you thoughts on epiphanies and specifically what they are and why they exist.

:sun: :cool:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineMushroomTrip
Dr. Teasy Thighs
Female User Gallery

Loc: red panda village
Re: I discovered the meaning of everything! But then I forgot it [Re: Humble lurker]
    #8067690 - 02/25/08 05:51 AM (16 years, 1 month ago)

Weed usually makes me very introspective and analytic.
There were definitely cases in which I reached some very insightful conclusions regarding my own life and situation, but then there were other cases in which all I did was what everybody calls "stoner philosophy". The difference in how these two feel in very small due to the increased feeling of well being that I get from smoking. :lol:
What felt like an "epiphany", later on I discovered that it was all just wishful thinking mixed with this archetypal image of what the world should be. While I believe that it has a very deep meaning, I don't think it is the one you're assigning it to. Feelings like peace the need for unity can generate many of these thoughts, but it doesn't mean that the Truth has been revealed to you. But if you are willing to pay a closer attention to these thoughts, you should be able to find an incredible tool for knowing who you are and how your mind works. What motivates you, what scares you... but for all that you will have to apply reasoning.

--------------------
:bunny::bunnyhug:
All this time I've loved you
And never known your face
All this time I've missed you
And searched this human race
Here is true peace
Here my heart knows calm
Safe in your soul
Bathed in your sighs

:bunnyhug: :yinyang2:

OfflineRaven0us
Soldier
Male User Gallery

Re: I discovered the meaning of everything! But then I forgot it [Re: MushroomTrip]
    #8067769 - 02/25/08 07:03 AM (16 years, 1 month ago)

i took a philosophy class at the one semester i went to university of mansfield in PA and there was this hippie chick i would buy weed from. she was always stoned off her ass in class and sometimes she would say the most intelligent things... and other times she sounded half retarded. *shrug* just thought i would share that.

Often when high you may come up with some brilliant ideas, too bad usually your too high to write them down or remember them.

--------------------
~Raven0us

Offlineharoldmeeks
Stranger
Re: I discovered the meaning of everything! But then I forgot it [Re: Raven0us]
    #8067788 - 02/25/08 07:27 AM (16 years, 1 month ago)

_b_l_o_o_g_

OfflineShroomFan
nn dmt

Re: I discovered the meaning of everything! But then I forgot it [Re: Raven0us]
    #8071322 - 02/26/08 03:02 AM (16 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Raven0us said:
i took a philosophy class at the one semester i went to university of mansfield in PA and there was this hippie chick i would buy weed from. she was always stoned off her ass in class and sometimes she would say the most intelligent things... and other times she sounded half retarded. *shrug* just thought i would share that.

Often when high you may come up with some brilliant ideas, too bad usually your too high to write them down or remember them.

as typically the more outspoken person in the class, especially in a smaller setting (30 people) it is a rush to speak while stoned off your ass to an entire class, even just from your seat. Heart pumpin..

--------------------
Fellow Shroomerites, if you Love expressing yourself with a dope tee shirt feast your 3rd eye on www.facebook.com/vicereversa
∞ Conscious Clothing for Conscious Minds ∞ Wear a tee , open a mind
Each shirt is spawned to Arouse Awareness <> We believe in Sustainability & Giving back <> Do you know of a community project or persons in need you feel deserves attention? - Tell us on our page And we just might pick the story > develop a tee > and donate the proceeds to that cause. ∞♥∞ Unget it, VICE REVERSA

InvisibleCameron
Too Many Words
Male User Gallery

Loc: Canada
Re: I discovered the meaning of everything! But then I forgot it [Re: ShroomFan]
    #8085907 - 02/29/08 12:03 PM (16 years, 1 month ago)

I don't think any drug has the potential to truly teach you anything, as most drugs are nature's defence mechanism - poisons designed to keep animals (like us) from ingesting them. Write down what you believe to be your epiphanies while you're high, and really contemplate those thoughts while you're sober. 95% of the time when I did this I would crumple up the paper and shake my head, realizing that a drugged mindset is not the best of times to be thinking critically about anything.

InvisibleChronic7

Re: I discovered the meaning of everything! But then I forgot it [Re: Cameron]
    #8087067 - 02/29/08 05:08 PM (16 years, 1 month ago)

i find the opposite, they can teach you alot, yet like cameorn says, if you read htem sober its like wtf...

thats cause thought can not capture god, god is all knowing love, god doesnt "think" anything.

thoughts are attachments that chase something.

thats why when i write stuff i throw it away after, there is no thought involved in the truth.

(i jsut made an almost identical reply to another thread!)

--------------------

InvisibleEternalCowabunga
Being of Great Significance
Male User Gallery

Loc: Time and Space
Re: I discovered the meaning of everything! But then I forgot it [Re: Chronic7]
    #8087338 - 02/29/08 06:28 PM (16 years, 1 month ago)

recently i've decided that most of the conclusions and interpretations that i made after consuming hallucinogens were batshit insane

the problem is, for me, i will get some kind of insight into my own nature and then i try and apply that insight on to all of reality instead of integrating it into a system of knowledge. all sorts of funny and crazy ideas follow... i'm working on it.

Quote:

thoughts are attachments that chase something.

i don't know what you mean by this. we use thoughts and language to point us towards some kind of personal truth. we NEED to think, otherwise we are living blindly.

Quote:

there is no thought involved in the truth.

be careful, brother.. the truth is always in flux, there are always new discoveries and realizations to make in the present moment

--------------------

InvisibleEntropymancer
 User Gallery

#8087440 - 02/29/08 07:01 PM (16 years, 1 month ago)

Someone's been getting into Buddhism.

Just never forget that there is no one true way. The Eightfold path is not the only road to enlightenment. Nonattachment is just a tool of a particular approach.

Male User Gallery

Re: I discovered the meaning of everything! But then I forgot it [Re: Entropymancer]
    #8087543 - 02/29/08 07:26 PM (16 years, 1 month ago)

on further reflection, i think what you are saying chronic, is that simple being is truth and words themselves are not the truth - the map is not the territory

true = reality

--------------------

Invisiblederanger
 User Gallery

Loc: off the wall
Re: I discovered the meaning of everything! But then I forgot it [Re: EternalCowabunga]
    #8087672 - 02/29/08 07:57 PM (16 years, 1 month ago)

reality = ?

Male User Gallery

Re: I discovered the meaning of everything! But then I forgot it [Re: deranger]
    #8087686 - 02/29/08 08:00 PM (16 years, 1 month ago)

what it is

--------------------

Offlinebackfromthedead
Activated

Re: I discovered the meaning of everything! But then I forgot it [Re: EternalCowabunga]
    #8087692 - 02/29/08 08:01 PM (16 years, 1 month ago)

Ahh... What it is what it is!!

--------------------

Invisiblederanger
 User Gallery

Re: I discovered the meaning of everything! But then I forgot it [Re: backfromthedead]
    #8087729 - 02/29/08 08:14 PM (16 years, 1 month ago)

and which one?

Male User Gallery

#8087747 - 02/29/08 08:19 PM (16 years, 1 month ago)

there's more than one?

--------------------

InvisibleEntropymancer
 User Gallery

#8087753 - 02/29/08 08:19 PM (16 years, 1 month ago)

Of course there's more than one

Invisiblederanger
 User Gallery

#8087776 - 02/29/08 08:25 PM (16 years, 1 month ago)

there's the reality i create and the reality that is before it. many mistake their creation for reality.

InvisibleChronic7

#8088800 - 03/01/08 05:45 AM (16 years, 1 month ago)

i didnt mean to discriminate thought lol

i just mean that thoughts are attachments of a sort, they can lead you to realising great truths much easier then meditating in my experience, its very hard to switch off thought.

the power of positive thought etc....thoughts are great, but if your searching for god, then theres no thought involved, you have to let go of everything

apart from that thoughts are bloody brilliant, the thoughts that come from (after) not thinking are even better :grin:

like i play and make music, if i ever hit a creative block i forget what i was doing, clear my mind/thoughts, then start again, i always do better after doing this...last night after meditating i played the guitar and it was just so smooth, it felt as if there was no thoughts involved, just music running through me...

i think the reality we're talking about is whats behind everything, that thing that never changes (ggod/love/awareness), nothing you make can be "real" in a sense as it will die one day.

--------------------

Male User Gallery

#8089324 - 03/01/08 10:56 AM (16 years, 1 month ago)

these words are not seperate from it

--------------------

Invisiblederanger
 User Gallery

#8089455 - 03/01/08 11:35 AM (16 years, 1 month ago)

nothing is separate from the base reality, but just to clarify my previous thought the reality we create over and around our base reality could be considered a different reality.  such as the dreamworld, it is a reality in it's own.  each drug has their own reality.  but all these sub-realities are just branches stemming from the root.

"Neuroscientists have shown and confirmed that we keep creating reality (despite being exposed to reality) according to our mental models as we wish, so we see what we expect to see and hear what we expect, so we see what we expect to see instead of facing reality as it truly is."

how do we know if we are perceiving through our created reality or perceiving reality as it is?  is there a limit to this 'isness' we can experience?  what is it that distracts and prevents us from seeing reality as it truly is?  what are the most effective ways to limit how much we see through our 'scope'?

these are all questions i've asked myself in the past and enjoy pondering on.  but only experience, personal research and investigation will really tell.

:cheers:

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract