Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineScavengerType
Male User Gallery

Loc: The North
PCV piping (needs glue?)
    #8060918 - 02/23/08 03:17 PM (16 years, 1 month ago)

I was setting up a multi tier closet FC today and it dawned on me that a plummer friend recommended to me that the PCV piping needed "the right glue." Now I've been wondering if there is only air/mist flow through these pipes do they even need to be glued? The air pressure in them should be pretty neglagable, so leaks shouldn't be comparable to what she was thinking. What do you guys think? I will probibly just use silicone like always but is it necessary?

--------------------
"Have you ever seen what happens when a grenade goes off in a school? Do you really know what you’re doing when you order shock and awe? Are you prepared to kneel beside a dying soldier and tell him why he went to Iraq, or why he went to any war?"
"The things that are done in the name of the shareholder are, to me, as terrifying as the things that are done—dare I say it—in the name of God. Montesquieu said, "There have never been so many civil wars as in the Kingdom of God." And I begin to feel that’s true. The shareholder is the excuse for everything."
- Author and former M6/M5 agent John le Carré on Democracy Now.
Conquer's Club

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleKillerPicklez
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Flag
Re: PCV piping (needs glue?) [Re: ScavengerType]
    #8061024 - 02/23/08 03:45 PM (16 years, 1 month ago)

just go to wherever you got the PVC and they will have the right glue with it. It is a special kind but I forget the name.

Garden hoses are much easier to work with than PVC.

OfflineScavengerType
Male User Gallery

Re: PCV piping (needs glue?) [Re: KillerPicklez]
    #8061086 - 02/23/08 03:56 PM (16 years, 1 month ago)

silicone will not work for airflow?

--------------------
"Have you ever seen what happens when a grenade goes off in a school? Do you really know what you’re doing when you order shock and awe? Are you prepared to kneel beside a dying soldier and tell him why he went to Iraq, or why he went to any war?"
"The things that are done in the name of the shareholder are, to me, as terrifying as the things that are done—dare I say it—in the name of God. Montesquieu said, "There have never been so many civil wars as in the Kingdom of God." And I begin to feel that’s true. The shareholder is the excuse for everything."
Conquer's Club

InvisibleKillerPicklez
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #8061117 - 02/23/08 04:02 PM (16 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

ScavengerType said:
silicone will not work for airflow?

I have no idea

What made you decide to choose PVC instead of using a garden hose? I thought about it, but PVC is hard to work with compared to a simple hose.

OfflineScavengerType
Male User Gallery

Re: PCV piping (needs glue?) [Re: KillerPicklez]
    #8061143 - 02/23/08 04:06 PM (16 years, 1 month ago)

lack of forethought I suppose.

I saw someone use it in a pic of their multi tier FC and liked the look. I hadn't seen any garden hose pics so it was just a snap reaction when it got time to do bulk subs and I needed to have my FC come together.

--------------------
Conquer's Club

Edited by ScavengerType (02/23/08 04:08 PM)

InvisibleKillerPicklez
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #8061193 - 02/23/08 04:15 PM (16 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

ScavengerType said:
lack of forethought I suppose.

I saw someone use it in a pic of their multi tier FC and liked the look. I hadn't seen any garden hose pics so it was just a snap reaction when it got time to do bulk subs and I needed to have my FC come together.

I used a bright blue-transparent hose, looked fucking awesome.

OfflinemrPiggy
Stranger
 User Gallery

#8061197 - 02/23/08 04:16 PM (16 years, 1 month ago)

I've ran low pressure water through pvc without glueing it before so as long as the connections seem tight I wouldn't worry about having to glue them. If you do glue them though the right glue is normally sold as a little kit where you get two little pint size or so cans, one a purple primer and the other the actual adhesive. The glue can't be more than $5 so it's not expensive.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies