Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisibledumbfounded1600
Stranger

RR Question Keeps Coming Up Humidity Loss
    #8058926 - 02/23/08 12:21 AM (16 years, 1 month ago)

This question seems to be coming up more and more and I've yet to see a response come out of it.

RR did not make the monotub, Ohmatic did(Just to clarify and get that out of the way). When noobs read when drilling a bunch of holes in your fruiting chamber. There is lots of humidity loss. When drilling and adding polyfill in and so called 'Providing Excelling Air Exchange' I beg to differ but I do see where there coming from on losing humidity with smaller holes all over. What is your take on this?

I believe IME with polyfill your getting shitty air currents and restricing air in which results by a lot of people Contaminants at an early sign from stale air being kept in. Plus condensation forming on the sides and landing on the polyfill making a perfect entrance for Bacteria/Contaminants. From what I hear the #1 Pining trigger is evaporation from FAE.

I'm not bored for the record..I don't know how that sign got there.

Edited by dumbfounded1600 (02/23/08 12:31 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleFooMan
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Earth Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: RR Question Keeps Coming Up Humidity Loss [Re: dumbfounded1600]
    #8059138 - 02/23/08 02:23 AM (16 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

dumbfounded1600 said:
I believe IME with polyfill your getting shitty air currents and restricing air in which results by a lot of people Contaminants at an early sign from stale air being kept in. Plus condensation forming on the sides and landing on the polyfill making a perfect entrance for Bacteria/Contaminants. From what I hear the #1 Pining trigger is evaporation from FAE.

Dude, IME means "in my experience". If you believe that polyfil causes contaminants and shitty air currents, then I doubt you've experienced using a monotub. Have you NOT seen the hundreds of pics posted by people (including me) using polyfil stuffed mono's that were never touched other than to case and harvest that worked great? Check out Eatualive's posts at topia for even more proof.

--------------------

Quick WBS Prep

InvisibleCrasher
αἱρετίζω
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Tardy to the Party
Re: RR Question Keeps Coming Up Humidity Loss [Re: FooMan]
    #8059188 - 02/23/08 02:56 AM (16 years, 1 month ago)

the monotub and shotgun FC are not the same thing.

--------------------
Give me silence, water, hope;
Give me struggle, iron, volcanoes...

OfflineRogerRabbitM
Bans for Pleasure
Male User Gallery

Loc: Seattle
Trusted Cultivator
OG Cultivator
Re: RR Question Keeps Coming Up Humidity Loss [Re: Crasher]
    #8059612 - 02/23/08 09:06 AM (16 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Crasher said:
the monotub and shotgun FC are not the same thing.

Correct. They don't compare. The holes in my terrarium design actually INcrease humidity, not the other way around.
RR

--------------------
Download Let's Grow Mushrooms

semper in excretia sumus solim profundum variat

"I've never had a failed experiment.  I've only discovered 10,000 methods which do not work."
Thomas Edison

Invisibledumbfounded1600
Stranger

Re: RR Question Keeps Coming Up Humidity Loss [Re: RogerRabbit]
    #8059736 - 02/23/08 10:12 AM (16 years, 1 month ago)

Yeah...I guess I should've worded that better. It's just a FC that RR was talking about and the monotub was made by ohmatic...

I've always had Baseball Bat Mushrooms and Contamination after the 2nd flush because of stale air reaching in and totally demolishing the substrate with green.

How does popping more holes in keep the humidity in?

OfflineCiv
Pinning
Male User Gallery

Loc: California
Re: RR Question Keeps Coming Up Humidity Loss [Re: RogerRabbit]
    #8059764 - 02/23/08 10:22 AM (16 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Off topic- but jesus, grats roger! An awesome effort put forth.

--------------------
"...Gal's seem to hate the thought of blending chicken shit in a blender.
So, wash it well afterwards & DON'T tell them..."  -Agar

Invisibledumbfounded1600
Stranger

Re: RR Question Keeps Coming Up Humidity Loss [Re: Civ]
    #8059777 - 02/23/08 10:28 AM (16 years, 1 month ago)

I'm on his 7,500 post right now of Mushroom Cultivation. I got 6 pages of just his notes. These are the people I have to read from in order to gain more knowledge about this hobby. I plan on doing shit loads of edible expiermements. Mostly oysters.

Blue Helix
Agar
Roger Rabbit
mycofile
hypae
Tippinthru
fahtster
RoadKill
Workman
azurescens
creamcorn

I won't be done for at least a year or two

OfflineCiv
Pinning
Male User Gallery

Loc: California
    #8059846 - 02/23/08 10:50 AM (16 years, 1 month ago)

Blue Helix
Agar
Roger Rabbit
mycofile
hypae
Tippinthru
fahtster
RoadKill
Workman
azurescens
creamcorn

PFFFFFT- all nooblets!! :smile:

You gotta add like 2 dozen more on there too.  monstermith, eatualive, OHMATIC, hydro420, shirly knott, VEGGIE, holydiver,

--------------------
"...Gal's seem to hate the thought of blending chicken shit in a blender.
So, wash it well afterwards & DON'T tell them..."  -Agar

Edited by Civ (02/23/08 10:51 AM)

Invisibledumbfounded1600
Stranger

Re: RR Question Keeps Coming Up Humidity Loss [Re: Civ]
    #8059879 - 02/23/08 10:59 AM (16 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Civ said:
Blue Helix
Agar
Roger Rabbit
mycofile
hypae
Tippinthru
fahtster
RoadKill
Workman
azurescens
creamcorn

PFFFFFT- all nooblets!! :smile:

You gotta add like 2 dozen more on there too.  monstermith, eatualive, OHMATIC, hydro420, shirly knott, VEGGIE, holydiver, 

Monstermitch is still new to the hobby IMHO, eatualive(meh), Ohmatic(lazyness, another side affect of hunger), hydr0420(He's not a mycologist by any means), holydiver(no), shirly knott(don't know), Veggie(FUCK NO)

O im a complete noob too...There's still so much I need to learn.

Edited by dumbfounded1600 (02/23/08 11:00 AM)

Invisiblenorml840
sex toy guru
Male User Gallery

Loc: lost
    #8060062 - 02/23/08 11:53 AM (16 years, 1 month ago)

to be such a "noob", as you say, you sure do know a lot about some of the seasoned veterans.

InvisibleFooMan
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Earth Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #8060081 - 02/23/08 11:59 AM (16 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

dumbfounded1600 said:
Monstermitch is still new to the hobby IMHO, eatualive(meh), Ohmatic(lazyness, another side affect of hunger), hydr0420(He's not a mycologist by any means), holydiver(no), shirly knott(don't know), Veggie(FUCK NO)

:rofl2: Don't hold back!

I disagree on eatualive though. Check out some of his posts and grows on 'Topia. There is no arguing with his pics.

--------------------

Quick WBS Prep

Invisibledumbfounded1600
Stranger

Re: RR Question Keeps Coming Up Humidity Loss [Re: FooMan]
    #8061399 - 02/23/08 04:56 PM (16 years, 1 month ago)

Yay! I'm on RR's 7,575 post
Only 6,950 left.
Then put his notes into my own words and move on from there.
Then search through agars. That's gonna take at least a fucking 3 month period.
Next will be Trippinthrough
I have to prepare myself for RoadKills that's 21,000 post Of CLICKING!

Offlinepoof
Stranger
    #8061648 - 02/23/08 05:36 PM (16 years, 1 month ago)

eh, i was in the same position as you, reading over oldhands old posts and studying what they said, but i learned the hard way. When your old hand saying something like

Quote:

The [hundreds of] holes in my terrarium design actually INcrease humidity, not the other way around.

that should raise a few red flags. Given they may have done some amazing things with mycology, the cant change the laws of physics. Polyfill keeps in humidity, keeps airbourne contams out, and still provides gas [not fresh air] exchange, which the monotub has proven is all you need. If your going to cut 100-200 holes in your tub, then save yourself the time and just leave the lid off. As for the efficacy of the polyfill monotub set it and forget it design, there are hundreds of growlogs that can attest to it.

As a side note, they might point out the fact that the shotgun design was meant for cakes and not bulk, but a FC is an FC, cakes dont get special privileges when it comes to fruiting environments.

Invisiblenorml840
sex toy guru
Male User Gallery

Loc: lost
Re: RR Question Keeps Coming Up Humidity Loss [Re: poof]
    #8066212 - 02/24/08 08:38 PM (16 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

poof said:
eh, i was in the same position as you, reading over oldhands old posts and studying what they said, but i learned the hard way. When your old hand saying something like

Quote:

The [hundreds of] holes in my terrarium design actually INcrease humidity, not the other way around.

that should raise a few red flags. Given they may have done some amazing things with mycology, the cant change the laws of physics. Polyfill keeps in humidity, keeps airbourne contams out, and still provides gas [not fresh air] exchange, which the monotub has proven is all you need. If your going to cut 100-200 holes in your tub, then save yourself the time and just leave the lid off. As for the efficacy of the polyfill monotub set it and forget it design, there are hundreds of growlogs that can attest to it.

As a side note, they might point out the fact that the shotgun design was meant for cakes and not bulk, but a FC is an FC, cakes dont get special privileges when it comes to fruiting environments.

i know its hard for you to understand, but i'll try to explain. with all the holes in the fc it allows air to move up through the perlite. this causes the water that is on the perlite to evaporate into the air above and around your mushies. all the holes also keeps the air inside from getting stale. my fc stays above 95 percent rh this way for 5-6 weeks. now i know this probably is too much for you to grasp, but it works. end of story.

Offlinepoof
Stranger
Re: RR Question Keeps Coming Up Humidity Loss [Re: norml840]
    #8069462 - 02/25/08 05:58 PM (16 years, 1 month ago)

you heard it from the pro's, air moves in the direction you want it to without the use of fans. I wish reality bent to my whim like it does for the pro's.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract