Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Buy Kratom Powder & Leaf   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Anonymous #1

BLOODY FUCKING HELL!!!
    #8050380 - 02/21/08 01:51 AM (16 years, 1 month ago)

So I'm sitting here procrastinating. I always wait to the last minute to do my shit and usually either don't do it or do a shitty job with it. I don't even know if school is for me. And even if it is I don't know...fucK!!!! I'm just sick and fucking tired of life. Why can't it be easier. I am seriously thinking about suicide. I doubt I'll do it but I just get fucking dramatic about shit. I really need to do my work. I have a paper due(half way done), 15 pages in a journal(haven't even fucking started), take home quiz(haven't fucking started). Basically my point is I don't know where to go next with my life. I feel stuck in my fucking situation.

I was gonna say more but I dunno FUCK!!! I'm just so frustrated about everything in my life right now. My fucking relationships are non-existent(except my family luckily), I have made these kinds of threads on a consistent fucking basis, One moment I'll feel fantastic about life, the next I'll wanna fucking beat the fucking shit out of everything.

I just wanna move to to the bay area and get a simple job and take some classes at a slow rate maybe. Then again I Don't fucking know what I want with myself. I know suicide would be retarded but shittttt!! I think maybe this is my subcauntious telling me to get out of my situation. I just wanna enjoy life and shit!!!

/end rant

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleWhiskeyClone
Not here
Male User Gallery

Loc: Longitudinal Center of Canada ...
Re: BLOODY FUCKING HELL!!! [Re: Anonymous #1]
    #8050940 - 02/21/08 08:58 AM (16 years, 1 month ago)

:smile:

All those things you said remind me of my college experience. 

Quote:

Why can't it be easier.

Why didn't you ask "Why can't it be harder?"

Picture all of the additional problems you have been spare that others have not.  I don't know your situation but if you are primarily complaining about how difficult school is, perhaps it could easily be much worse.  I bet if you picked a random life situation from the current pile of six billion, yours would be one of the easier ones to deal with.

The assignments you have, you have.  The grades you've gotten, you've gotten.  The courses you are in, you are in.

If your situation is anything like mine was (and it really sounds like it) then your rotten attitude is what makes it so bad.  School itself should not stop anyone dead in their tracks.  Stop wishing your situation was different; it makes it worse.  Wishing and hoping are the most destructive habits I've ever had.  I always wanted to be saved from this horrible place I found myself in.  I wanted someone else to take responsibility for improving my situation.

The only change in your situation will come from you. 

The only approach that worked for me was 1) refuse to get mad at my situation, and 2) do more work than I had to, even when I didn't feel like it.  This little push will make you feel so much better when you go to bed every night.  You'll develop better habits and feel better about yourself, I guarantee.  Just don't let the resentment for your situation build.  Identify those thoughts when the arise and drop them.  Anger snowballs in no time, and it's pure poison.

If you take responsibility for your situation, it gets better.

If you don't, it gets worse.

--------------------
Welcome evermore to gods and men is the self-helping man.  For him all doors are flung wide: him all tongues greet, all honors crown, all eyes follow with desire.  Our love goes out to him and embraces him, because he did not need it.

~ R.W. Emerson, "Self-Reliance"

:heartpump:

Offlineflangenips
Batshitinsanse
 User Gallery

Loc: aotearoa Flag
    #8051567 - 02/21/08 11:57 AM (16 years, 1 month ago)

There are plenty of options available to young people these days. School is not the only option, actually in some cases you'll have a higher chance of owning a house in your 20s if you leave school whilst still a teenager. I know this is the case in my country at least.

There are always apprenticeships, if you're in the states i'd assume more of these to apply for will be available after/during summer break. Then theres part time work and a possibly a low intensity night school from which you can slowly gain qualifications. Correspondence/Extramural study opportunities are quite often available.
Just look at all your options and have a good think about what will suit you. :smile:

--------------------
All are lunatics, but he who can analyze his delusions is called a philosopher. - Ambrose Bierce

Invisiblebradmassive
KingOfTheHill

Loc: VA
    #8051652 - 02/21/08 12:20 PM (16 years, 1 month ago)

Stop being such a pussy and man up. Shit could be much worse for you dude. You're in college (which is always stressful) and you have some bad working habits. So the fuck what? No need to freak the fuck out or nutin.

Sort out your priorities, focus on your goals get your head down and get shit done. It's not really that big a deal. Friends come and go, don't sweat it. You don't have to figure everything out in your life yet just the fact you're in college shows your worth something.

Quit acting like a bitch, man up and get on with it!

--------------------
"In the beginning, I had no name. i was a shape, a snarling shadow of the Old World which slipped into this existence" - Steven Erikson

"Our progress as a species rests squarely on the shoulders of that tenth person. The nine are satisfied with things they are told are valuable. Person 10 determines for himself what has value." - My good friend Za -

Edited by bradmassive (02/21/08 02:01 PM)

Invisibleappleorange
Rainbow Technician
 User Gallery

Loc: Reykjavík
Re: BLOODY FUCKING HELL!!! [Re: bradmassive]
    #8051670 - 02/21/08 12:30 PM (16 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

bradmassive said:
Stop being such a pussy and man up. Shit could be much worse for you dude. You're in college (which is always stressful) and you have some bad working habits. So the fuck what? No need to freak the fuck out or nutin.

Sort out your priorities, focus on your goals, get your head down and get shit done. It's not really that big a deal. Friends come and go, don't sweat it. You don't have to figure everything out in your life yet, just the fact you're in college shows your worth something.

:rolleyes:

Invisiblebradmassive
KingOfTheHill

Re: BLOODY FUCKING HELL!!! [Re: appleorange]
    #8051687 - 02/21/08 12:33 PM (16 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

appleorange said:
Quote:

bradmassive said:

Sort out your priorities, focus on your goals, get your head down and get shit done. It's not really that big a deal. Friends come and go, don't sweat it. You don't have to figure everything out in your life yet, just the fact you're in college shows your worth something.

:rolleyes:

Don't roll your eyes at me hippie! :crankey:

--------------------
"In the beginning, I had no name. i was a shape, a snarling shadow of the Old World which slipped into this existence" - Steven Erikson

"Our progress as a species rests squarely on the shoulders of that tenth person. The nine are satisfied with things they are told are valuable. Person 10 determines for himself what has value." - My good friend Za -

OfflineSneezingPenis
ACHOOOOOOOOO!!!!!111!
 User Gallery
Re: BLOODY FUCKING HELL!!! [Re: bradmassive]
    #8052032 - 02/21/08 02:01 PM (16 years, 1 month ago)

proof that for the last 15 years, nobodies parents have properly prepared their children for the real world.

Invisiblebradmassive
KingOfTheHill

Re: BLOODY FUCKING HELL!!! [Re: SneezingPenis]
    #8052070 - 02/21/08 02:10 PM (16 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

YawningAnus said:
proof that for the last 15 years, nobodies parents have properly prepared their children for the real world.

That is a true and sad fact dude.

--------------------

Anonymous #1

#8052091 - 02/21/08 02:17 PM (16 years, 1 month ago)

I listened to your guys's advise and did all the work but got zero sleep. But I'm not gonna lie it feels hella better than doing a shitty job on me homework. The only way I got myself to focus though was with kratom which I don't wanna rely on for future shit. I got hella ADD and a variety of mental labels. I just need to focus on the here & now. I gotta "Be Here Now" lawlz. What do you guys to help you sit down and get shit done in a timely manner. I tend to get up like every 5 minutes to piss or drink water or eat or w/e..I have faith shit will work out for me if I put in the work. peace

InvisibleWhiskeyClone
Not here
Male User Gallery

#8052120 - 02/21/08 02:24 PM (16 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Anonymous said:
What do you guys to help you sit down and get shit done in a timely manner. I tend to get up like every 5 minutes to piss or drink water or eat or w/e..

Don't get up. Ignore any impulse to stop working and do something; it's your brain trying to trick you. When the hour is up, you'll feel awesome and will probably want to continue.

I mean if you have to piss, piss, but don't accept just any excuse to get up and do something else.

--------------------
Welcome evermore to gods and men is the self-helping man.  For him all doors are flung wide: him all tongues greet, all honors crown, all eyes follow with desire.  Our love goes out to him and embraces him, because he did not need it.

Anonymous #1

Re: BLOODY FUCKING HELL!!! [Re: WhiskeyClone]
    #8052177 - 02/21/08 02:44 PM (16 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

WhiskeyClone said:
Quote:

Anonymous said:
What do you guys to help you sit down and get shit done in a timely manner. I tend to get up like every 5 minutes to piss or drink water or eat or w/e..

Don't get up. Ignore any impulse to stop working and do something; it's your brain trying to trick you. When the hour is up, you'll feel awesome and will probably want to continue.

I mean if you have to piss, piss, but don't accept just any excuse to get up and do something else.

It's sooooo hard for me though man. With my tourettes, OCD, ADD, etc..I know they're just labels but they're pretty accurate for me. It's just so hard for me dude, I'm sure you can relate. The impulses are sooo fucking strong for me it's ridiculous. I just took some niacin though and that seems to help me a bit.

Invisiblebradmassive
KingOfTheHill

#8052219 - 02/21/08 02:53 PM (16 years, 1 month ago)

Quit making excuses for yourself and telling yourself how 'hard' it is for poor old you.

Some self-discipline would be good. Work with your problems constructivly instead of victimizing yourself otherwise you turn into a little bitch.

You can always take a break from work if you need it you know. Taking breaks is in the same chapter as discipline. Just don't be a little pussy about it and get back to work when you know you need too.

Edited by bradmassive (02/21/08 03:07 PM)

InvisibleWhiskeyClone
Not here
Male User Gallery

#8052261 - 02/21/08 03:04 PM (16 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Anonymous said:

It's sooooo hard for me though man. With my tourettes, OCD, ADD, etc..

Are you trying to convince me you are unable to do your homework? Read about Helen Keller while you are avoiding your studies.

Argue for your limitations, and they're yours.

--------------------

Offlineflangenips
Batshitinsanse
 User Gallery

Loc: aotearoa Flag
Re: BLOODY FUCKING HELL!!! [Re: SneezingPenis]
    #8052731 - 02/21/08 04:57 PM (16 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

QFT... I'm 21 and currently getting whipped in the real world, but hey i'm not really bitching, i'm actually doing ok, was just an initial shock and change of lifestyle.

I did my final year of high school cos i "supposed to" to get into uni, then I find out it was a waste of time, i could've left high school at 16, done a 6 month preperation course, and then got into university at age 17! Parents let current affairs shows, past teacher-parent talks, the government, fill their heads with 'politically correct' nonsense.

I did university and completed my BA (bugger all) majoring philosophy and now the real world is paying me a lesson.

To the Original Poster: I started out with bad study habits, but eventually learned to just get shit done in the shortest amount of time possible. Like, if you force yourself on your arse for long enough you get into a roll and can't stop until you're satisfied you have done enough (or even completed the whole shebang) to deserve a joint or a drink.
Doing shit well before the due date rules too because then you can take the extra days off and just chill those days. (if attendance is not required)

--------------------
All are lunatics, but he who can analyze his delusions is called a philosopher. - Ambrose Bierce

OfflineGinseng1
Elegant Universe
 User Gallery

Re: BLOODY FUCKING HELL!!! [Re: flangenips]
    #8058674 - 02/22/08 10:31 PM (16 years, 1 month ago)

Hey man, you have ADD. So do I.

Yes, our mind wanders like no tomorrow, and you're always the last son of a bitch to finish the test in class, but that in no way limits your ability to actualy get work done. It just takes you longer. Accept it, and let the genius inside of you take control of that stupid paper.

Don't blame that ADD shit, it won't get you nowhere, except maybe hepped up on ritalin and then what do you have? No imagination. Fuck that. I love my ADD if it wasn't for it, I wound't be wearing this tinfoil anti-alien-thought-reader cap. ALl you suckers have no idea that aliens are reading your thoughts.

--------------------
Flowing through beginningless time since time without beginning...

Offlinebackfromthedead
Activated

Re: BLOODY FUCKING HELL!!! [Re: Ginseng1]
    #8062498 - 02/23/08 10:11 PM (16 years, 1 month ago)

'ALl you suckers have no idea that aliens are reading your thoughts.'

:uptosomething:

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Buy Kratom Powder & Leaf   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order