Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
InvisibleLayYouIn
Taurus
Male User Gallery

Loc: Organ
Growing Marijuana In A Rented Apartment - Good Idea/Bad Idea?
    #8030794 - 02/16/08 10:54 AM (16 years, 1 month ago)

im planning on building a lockable stealth grow box that holds either a 250 watt HPS or a 400 watt HPS when i get an apartment.

is this a bad idea?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibleohmatic
searcher
 User Gallery

Loc: europe
Re: Growing Marijuana In A Rented Apartment - Good Idea/Bad Idea? [Re: LayYouIn]
    #8030803 - 02/16/08 10:58 AM (16 years, 1 month ago)

tons of people do it.

always remember: loose lips sink ships.

--------------------
:penis: MONOTUB tek :sun: HEATBOMB tek :penis:

RIP #cultivation! ....can't associate? well FUCK U !

Edited by ohmatic (02/16/08 10:59 AM)

Invisibletiny_rabid_birds
Nocturnal
 User Gallery

Loc: estados unidos Flag
Re: Growing Marijuana In A Rented Apartment - Good Idea/Bad Idea? [Re: ohmatic]
    #8030812 - 02/16/08 11:03 AM (16 years, 1 month ago)

yeah man, it's not that uncommon. just make sure your odor is well taken care of. don't be afraid to spend money for proper equipment like a vortex fan and a can filter.

--------------------

OfflineHighland
Jedi Knight

Re: Growing Marijuana In A Rented Apartment - Good Idea/Bad Idea? [Re: LayYouIn]
    #8030815 - 02/16/08 11:04 AM (16 years, 1 month ago)

I cultivated some shrooms in a apartment once, I had a bathroom in the master bedroom that i never used. There was a 3x4 space under the sink that i put my own cabnet with a lock underneath. It looked like a alcohol cabnet.
If you do decide to, make sure you use air purifiers to eliminate most of the smell. go get a filing cabnet, or anything that looks like a reasonable thing to have a lock on. Put it in your front room even. You could just lock it when you were not at home and it would look like just a secure place you keep stuff.
Most places you can rent from don't ever come in anyways unless you have somthing broken, or there is a noise complaint. So obviously don't throw a huge party, or play loud music. don't give anyone any reason to come in your home.

DO NOT TELL ANYONE. That is the biggest rule. Don't show anyone. If one person knows other than yourself, then everyone knows. It is hard to not show someone, i did with my shrooms and had to make a midnight dump because of a friend who told a girlfriend that didn't like me. They broke up and i was afraid she was going to take it out on me. That is the only thing i would be afraid of.

--------------------
Shine On

InvisibleLayYouIn
Taurus
Male User Gallery

Re: Growing Marijuana In A Rented Apartment - Good Idea/Bad Idea? [Re: tiny_rabid_birds]
    #8030817 - 02/16/08 11:05 AM (16 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

tiny_rabid_birds said:
don't be afraid to spend money for proper equipment like a vortex fan and a can filter.

im not.  :cool:

cool, i was thinking it might be a bad idea.

Offlinespieone
aspiring amateurmycologist

#8030842 - 02/16/08 11:13 AM (16 years, 1 month ago)

just remember, landlords can be nosy (it's in their nature), so be stealthy.

Nocturnal
 User Gallery

#8030847 - 02/16/08 11:14 AM (16 years, 1 month ago)

well obviously it could be a very bad idea. you get busted, you're in HUGELY DEEP shit. but if you're smart about it, then there shouldn't be any worry about being busted.

for one, be an awesome tenant. the best. always pay all your bills on time, without fail. don't whine to your landlord about anything. take care of your own stuff that needs fixin' round the apartment.

with only 250-400w, you shouldn't see much more than a $10-20 increase in your monthly power bills. try to offset that a bit by conserving more wisely elsewhere.

and like i said, odor will be your biggest concern. you probably shouldn't have any parties while you're growing.

--------------------

InvisibleFurrowedBrow
Free yourself from yourself
Male User Gallery

Re: Growing Marijuana In A Rented Apartment - Good Idea/Bad Idea? [Re: spieone]
    #8030858 - 02/16/08 11:17 AM (16 years, 1 month ago)

Edit: ^ I would agree with his advice.

I would be worried about 2 things primarily.  Odor and electricity.  If your electric bill is way over everyone elses for a few months that might attract suspicion.  I have considered this several times, but i just say forget it and grow mushies that i can trade for weed.  That works out too.  :laugh:  just a few suggestions.  I'd still like to grow some green though.  I have attempted it many times when i was younger but never had the solid commitment to getting them mature and fruiting.

--------------------

Multidisciplinary Association for Psychedelic Studies - Become a member!

I prefer dangerous freedom to peaceful slavery.
~ Thomas Jefferson

Edited by FurrowedBrow (02/16/08 11:19 AM)

InvisibleLayYouIn
Taurus
Male User Gallery

#8030861 - 02/16/08 11:19 AM (16 years, 1 month ago)

what do you all think would happen if my landlord needed to come inside for something? there would be a box that is 2 feet deep, 3 feet wide, 6 feet tall, and that hums.....but it would be locked up and no light would be coming out. there would only be one cable going into it. would saying that it's a server and that i host servers for games i play be a good excuse?

Nocturnal
 User Gallery

#8030909 - 02/16/08 11:33 AM (16 years, 1 month ago)

could you make it look like a wardrobe? that's what i would do. like make the cab out of an armoire or something and just have it in your room as another piece of furniture.

if the electrical socket is behind it, then he wouldn't see any cords running from it.

and if you put a small 10 gallon fish tank with like 2 goldfish next to it, you could say the humming is from that.

--------------------

Invisibleflavoraid
now with twicethe ketamine andopiates!
Male
    #8030912 - 02/16/08 11:34 AM (16 years, 1 month ago)

my moms a land lady

if you don't live in some ghetto apartment they won't snoop around usually when the landlord/landlady needs a plumber/electricitian to go around the apartments they only do what they need to and should give you 24 hours notice ahead of time.

-pay your bills , if your slanging pay two months at a time assuming your rent isn't super expensive so if your late they won't bitch cuz ur cool like that
-fix your own shit whenever possible
-don't bitch about stuff
-don't play loud music
-don't smoke weed in your apartment and if you do make sure there isn't any lingering smell/smoke escaping into the hallways
- don't tell/show anyone
- don't have people coming around to buy gram bags off you
-if you do sell which you shouldn't because that's illegal you should find something that you need around your apartment - milk / toilet paper or w.e and come back with that.

if you are seen every day at a random time leaving for 30mins at a time coming back empty handed thats specious if you come back with toilet paper, milk, cat food ect your just forgetful. if your spotted

- doesn't hurt to be spotted picking up fliers/junk mail once and a while // everyone throws that shit near the mailbox

renting a small house is a better idea - more bedrooms and landlords don't systematically do anything to them, they much rather forget about them entirely

--------------------
coda said:
imachavel, Man you really need to do some reading, the amount of bullshit you put into almost every single one of your posts is absolutely astounding.

Offlinespieone
aspiring amateurmycologist

Re: Growing Marijuana In A Rented Apartment - Good Idea/Bad Idea? [Re: flavoraid]
    #8031418 - 02/16/08 03:02 PM (16 years, 1 month ago)

yea, I like the wardrobe idea I think that would work superbly. I also definately agree with flavoraid's suggestions, sound advice.

Invisibleflavoraid
Male
Re: Growing Marijuana In A Rented Apartment - Good Idea/Bad Idea? [Re: spieone]
    #8031427 - 02/16/08 03:06 PM (16 years, 1 month ago)

IMO. don't get a wooden wardrobe

get a metal cab of some sort. for tools or something more sense for it to be locked.

seal the doors or set it up so you can't see that theres a light in it

cool tube your hps and set up a scrubber/venting system

--------------------
coda said:
imachavel, Man you really need to do some reading, the amount of bullshit you put into almost every single one of your posts is absolutely astounding.

Invisibleidiotek
 User Gallery

#8031597 - 02/16/08 03:57 PM (16 years, 1 month ago)

Make sure you read your lease CAREFULLY and take notice of the landlord's policies regarding maintenance scheduling and entry of your apartment- they usually spell it all out in plain English.

I wouldn't grow weed in an apartment, too many people too close for comfort.

OfflineApJunkie
part-time Ninja
Male

Loc: Loc:Loc:Loc:Loc:Loc:
Re: Growing Marijuana In A Rented Apartment - Good Idea/Bad Idea? [Re: idiotek]
    #8031638 - 02/16/08 04:14 PM (16 years, 1 month ago)

I grew mushrooms in the closet of a studio apartment with the front office literally directly overhead.

I have no idea how I'm still a free man... I would not try it again

Invisibleflavoraid
Male
Re: Growing Marijuana In A Rented Apartment - Good Idea/Bad Idea? [Re: ApJunkie]
    #8031650 - 02/16/08 04:20 PM (16 years, 1 month ago)

how is growing mushrooms a risk? if you can stand naked in your apartment without being seen you can grow mushrooms. even if they came into your apartment they'll see like a rubbermaid bin?

--------------------
coda said:

InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Loc: In the jungle
Re: Growing Marijuana In A Rented Apartment - Good Idea/Bad Idea? [Re: flavoraid]
    #8031696 - 02/16/08 04:38 PM (16 years, 1 month ago)

Mushroom growing in an apartment is easy to be stealthy about. The most simple and nonchalant of setups can yield well. Weed? I don't know, I wouldn't be able to deal with the constant worry of people smelling the odor of the marijuana plants. That's half the reason why I prefer vaporizing the herb as opposed to smoking.

Invisibleflavoraid
Male
Re: Growing Marijuana In A Rented Apartment - Good Idea/Bad Idea? [Re: MOTH]
    #8031752 - 02/16/08 04:53 PM (16 years, 1 month ago)

if you have a scrubber you don't need to worry about smell.

some precautions need to be made if you grow in an apartment, but it's not that big of a deal.

--------------------
coda said:

InvisibleEffedS
 User Gallery

Loc: Daylight Slavings
    #8032051 - 02/16/08 06:03 PM (16 years, 1 month ago)

Is this a bad idea?
You may choose only one

Votes accepted from (02/16/08 06:02 PM) to (No end specified)
View the results of this poll

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order