Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
InvisibleBridgeburner
Not spiritual at all.
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Causes and Effects of Xanax Abuse by Mid-School Kids
    #8019829 - 02/13/08 09:38 PM (16 years, 1 month ago)

link

Xanax is prescription tranquilizer which depresses the nervous system in a way similar to alcohol. It is also known as Alprazolam & is a part of the class of drugs called benzodiazepines, more commonly referred to as Benzos. It is primarily prescribed for short term relief of mild to moderate anxiety, nervous tension, acute stress, and panic attacks.

Xanax Abuse:

Being a depressant, Xanax has high abuse potential. No wonder, it has found its way from pharmacies to drug dealers, and is being abused by young, healthy people who want to get high. Xanax when abused is taken orally, chewed, crushed (then snorted like cocaine), or crushed (then dissolved in water and injected like heroine). It can become psychologically and physically addictive if taken in high doses for longer than eight weeks.

Teenagers and mid school kids are especially vulnerable to Xanax abuse for several reasons:

In the adolescent brain, the centers for judgment and self-control are still developing, making many teens less than careful about the decisions they make and more open to risk-taking. Mid school kids are notoriously conformist, so many are going to want to do what other kids are doing or what they think will make them look cool.

Contemporary adolescence is filled with stress and problems, some exaggerated and some, unfortunately, experienced fully. Even if a teen over-dramatizes or magnifies a problem, the temptation to self-medicate is real.

Effects of Xanax:

Children who abuse Xanax are generally unaware of the dangers involved. Xanax has depressant effects on brain areas that regulate wakefulness and alertness, very similar in effect to alcohol and sedative barbiturates. They enhance the action of receptors that inhibit central nervous system stimulation, and conversely, inhibit the action of receptors that stimulate the nervous system. The various symptoms of xanax abuse include difficulty in concentrating, disconnected sensation, depressed heartbeat, depressed breathing, excessive sleep, mental confusion and memory loss. Other health hazards are anemia, impairment of liver function, chronic intoxication (headache, impaired vision, slurred speech) and depression.

As with other anti-anxiety drugs, when one decides to stop the use of xanax, various withdrawal symptoms can arise. The short-acting benzodiazepines, like xanax, can produce especially severe withdrawal symptoms. These withdrawal symptoms include rapid heart beat, shaky hands, disturbed sleep or insomnia, sweating, irritability, anxiety and agitation, to name a few.

Treatment:

Xanax drug testing is an important part of helping an addict stop substance abuse. Cognitive-behavioral therapy also has been used successfully to help individuals adapt to the abstinence from benzodiazepines.

Often the abuse of various benzodiazepines like Xanax occurs in conjunction with the abuse of another substance or drug, such as alcohol or cocaine. In these cases of poly-drug abuse, the treatment approach must address the multiple addictions.

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinerobbyberto
Water Boy
Male User Gallery

Loc: Netherlands Flag
Re: Causes and Effects of Xanax Abuse by Mid-School Kids [Re: Bridgeburner]
    #8019845 - 02/13/08 09:41 PM (16 years, 1 month ago)

I stopped after I read:
"then dissolved in water and injected like heroin".
It can't be factual after that.

--------------------
“People say having kids is life changing, well that doesn’t necessarily mean a good thing, does it? I could take one of my legs off. That would change my life.” -Karl Pilkington

OfflineTheJakeyl88
RememberInfinity.
Male

Re: Causes and Effects of Xanax Abuse by Mid-School Kids [Re: robbyberto]
    #8019997 - 02/13/08 10:14 PM (16 years, 1 month ago)

I don't understand benzos.... I've done them all and I have about 200 lorazapam right now thats just been sitting in the cupboard downstairs. Benzos do nothing for me, if I have anxiety I smoke some some wonderful headie nugget. If I really need something strong, P/T works, or any opiate for that matter. But benzos? I also dislike alcohol, though. Anyways, I'd love to be enlightened on why its so good.

Invisiblelarge_dose
Melonhead
 User Gallery

Loc: Right in the Middle
Re: Causes and Effects of Xanax Abuse by Mid-School Kids [Re: robbyberto]
    #8020023 - 02/13/08 10:17 PM (16 years, 1 month ago)

Oh well, its real shit, somebody's tried it.
besides... i saw some fool in the other drugs discussion trying to smoke xanax in a blunt.

otherhand
i dont see how people can take so many pills.. tolerance only goes so far.

I know its fucked up to bet on a friends death, but...
i garuntee i'll have somebody close to me OD on prescription meds sooner, than later.

Its sad out there.

InvisibleKonryou
Stranger
Male

Re: Causes and Effects of Xanax Abuse by Mid-School Kids [Re: large_dose]
    #8020102 - 02/13/08 10:27 PM (16 years, 1 month ago)

Good to know the drug education our wondeful government has provided for us stops these kids from using drugs.

Oh wait...:thumbdown:

Invisiblelarge_dose
Melonhead
 User Gallery

Loc: Right in the Middle
Re: Causes and Effects of Xanax Abuse by Mid-School Kids [Re: Konryou]
    #8020230 - 02/13/08 10:48 PM (16 years, 1 month ago)

Go to the other drugs discussion right now.

6 out of the 11 threads on the first page are pretaining to prescription medications.

A new epidemic? You Gotcha!  :borat:

Offlinerobbyberto
Water Boy
Male User Gallery

Loc: Netherlands Flag
Re: Causes and Effects of Xanax Abuse by Mid-School Kids [Re: large_dose]
    #8020399 - 02/13/08 11:23 PM (16 years, 1 month ago)

I'm pretty sure you would die if you tried to inject xanax mixed with water. Mixed being the key word. It's not water soluble. I hope nobody tries it after reading that article.

--------------------
“People say having kids is life changing, well that doesn’t necessarily mean a good thing, does it? I could take one of my legs off. That would change my life.” -Karl Pilkington

Edited by robbyberto (02/13/08 11:26 PM)

Offlinedvwicked
Darkly Vigilant
Male

Loc: WI, USA
My personal experience with my Xanax Prescription [Re: robbyberto]
    #8021003 - 02/14/08 03:06 AM (16 years, 1 month ago)

It started out with the fact that I do have a very moderate anxiety issue, due to lack of money and quitting all hard drugs (Can't find mushrooms locally at the moment, which is my favorite tied with weed)

I am a very manipulative person, capable of being able to get just about any drug out there. I even managed to steal a prescription pad and carefully copied my doctors signature (plus of being into art) and copied down his DEA #.

It's to easy to manipulate doctors, shrinks, counselors. I've passed every drug test I've ever taken under the influence out of intelligence and luck. I've gone from felony charges to community service.

Right now I am on 2mg of Alprazolam (Xanax Bars), I'm very stressed and I would assassinate president bush for a pound of dro, that's desperation.

Yesterday I convinced my doctor to increase my dosage. For the second time.

Today, well..technically yesterday (Tuesday) I had promised myself I would not take it during class, because it makes it impossible for me to concentrate on things I don't need to learn, and once I fell out of my desk. I was given a new prescription to Buspirone as well. I do believe the combination of the two is what led to me running to the bathroom to throw up, and they Forced me to go home for the weekend, I really want to impress my teachers (which I already have, I completed the entire course which takes normal people about 2-3 semesters in 6 weeks with No Studying. Straight to testing.)

I came home early, and fell asleep the second I hit my couch. I didn't even stay awake long enough to eat a single piece of popcorn (or even open the bag) that I had just made, I didn't remember what DVD I had popped in, and I absolutely never got around to smoking a cigarette.

I advice people to stay away from high dose Xanax/Alprazolam. I don't know if my doctor is stupid, very easily manipulated, or just doesn't give a shit. I've been going to every appointment extremely high.

I want to stop. Now I'm addicted. I've handled addictions before. Cocaine, Painkillers, etc.

The reason I am capable of getting these medications is due to my medical history of severe anxiety (I was hospitalized for it many times). Due to some injuries I had gained over the years I could go and get any drug tomorrow if I wanted to, and I won't.

I blocked off all my friends, dealers, even some family members to try to get away from this. At the technical college I am attending, while not on drugs I exceed all of the other students. I ace every test without studying, and my teachers tell me I am one of the sharpest, most intelligible students they have come across.

The two times I went to class on Xanax,I had to leave. Once I tried to tough it out and get my work done, I fucked up one of my tests really badly, and I ended up falling out of my chair...

I really don't know what to say about Xanax. For those who need it, like me, small doses (WHEN TAKEN AS PRESCRIBED) are good for people with panic attacks.

My side effects:
1) When I get up it always hit's me like a wave. My friends claim it makes them feel drunk, I do not ever feel this way, perhaps it's because of my tolerance to the Benzo's.

2) I get these weird little headaches. Not horrible but very irritating. I notice things feel funny on Xannies, when you take a hot shower, you could literally fall asleep standing up out of relaxation.

My problem, and yes, it's illegal.

There is a very high demand for good dosage Xanax locally. I lost my job due to a co-worker disagreement, and I have fines/restitutions/rent coming out of my ears. So I started to sell them, because I want to ween myself off of them. I love them when I need them, I hate them when I take them out of boredom.

What do I do? Even selling the Xanax isn't making me nearly enough money to support myself, it basically pays for my weed and cigarettes (which I also very much want to quit.)

I have a good life ahead of me if I can stop all this.

After having the love of my life lose all respect and love for me, being left alone, drug-addicted, and clinically depressed, I feel I have nothing left but to count the seconds until I decease.

I did my best to turn things around. Went back to TC. Blocked off all contact with bad influences.

I don't know what to do and honesty with a guy with a MD might not be the wisest idea, given how I've abused my medication in every way possible, and I'm on Bond, which clearly states that I must take all Medications as prescribed to me.

The only two ways I've taken Xanax is by pill and by snorting. I prefer pill. The nastiest drips in the world from snorting Xanax, it does kick in far faster and the effects seem much more intoxicating, but the drips are nasty as hell, so I recommend gum (My brand is Cobalt) for those who try it.

Recently I found my friend's friend some coke because he was new in town. He prepped it and injected it. This was the most retarded and sickening thing I've ever seen. I blocked off contact with everyone that was there that night. The friend called me at midnight tonight to borrow a pipe to smoke. He knew damn well I was sleeping for school and he isn't allowed to call late here. What the fuck is wrong with some people. I was clean for over a month before he showed up randomly. I don't blame him, it's not an excuse, it's a fact.

Why are people so dumb?

I can't maintain a single friend, or fall in love because I dream about the girl I lost months ago every single night.

I know I need help, I have even considered Rehab, but I'm less than a month away from graduation and that would ruin that.

I KNOW I KNOW, why isn't this Mr.Wicked working? I am trying my very hardest to find a job. I don't live in a big city so this can be challenging given all the foreigners moving here in packs. I've had three interviews, which all went well and I believe all of my interviewers found me very intelligible and kind, which is what I try to show in myself, but, to my surprise I am still unemployed.

What should I do?

I got past the whole "I hate my life I wanna kill myself" phase after I turned 18 and grew up a little bit. But people have been tracking me down and trying to befriend me again. I'm the type that is always there to listen and help people with their problems, but not once in my life has anyone ever been able to help me.

Not arrogance, everyone needs help.

Where can I find it? I'm ready to change.

This is not what I want to be.

After WTC (since I'm doing so well I'm earning extra college credentials in the classes I've already exceeded all expectations in) I prey I can find my way out of this boring, drugged up, drunken city if LaCrosse, WI. I want to transfer to a better college in San Diego or Los Angeles in California to become a Chemist. I hope to one day have degrees in fields of Chemistry/Botany/Mycology and something computer related, I am familiar with several programming languages (C#, C++, VB/.Net/ Delphi) and I am also at a professional level for Graphic and Web design and development.

I grow weed, not at the moment. I've been learning about mycology for a while now, and I want to grow mushrooms even more than my sacred herb. Given my living situation this causes complications, and why risk my freedom or future?

Any Advice? I'm trying my hardest.

I miss the girl more than anything, I don't have a single friend to call to talk to anymore, and my family is skipping from impressed to ashamed every other week.

I want to be a good person and I want to help the world.

I hope to become a Chemist/Botanist and be part of the NORML movement. Unlike my immature friends I've known all my life, I believe Cannabis can help people, not just "get ya fucked up".

I don't know what to do.

Any questions on the drug I'm sure I'll know the answers.

I was offered a Valium and Klorezapam (Improper grammar) today also. Ths is a sick, sick world.

I swear on my nephew and the girl I loves life, that a legal prescription to Marijuana would allow me to completely eliminate all other drugs, possibly even cigarettes.

Hopefully someone out there has the answers, because my mind is nothing but factual knowledge and questionable curiosity.

Thanks

and BTW.

Who the hell would inject Alpralozam - That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard. I HIGHLY DO NOT RECOMMEND THIS.

--------------------
Darkly Vigilant Wicked
www.DarklyVigilant.com
I am generally treated like a mushroom.. Everyone is always trying to keep me in the dark and all they feed me is bullshit..

OfflineSeussA
Error: divide byzero

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Caribbean
Re: My personal experience with my Xanax Prescription [Re: dvwicked]
    #8021085 - 02/14/08 05:19 AM (16 years, 1 month ago)

> a legal prescription to Marijuana would allow me to completely eliminate all other drugs, possibly even cigarettes.

This is why you will never see cannabis legalized.  :frown:

--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

OfflineChurning
Chain Reaction
Male User Gallery

#8023349 - 02/14/08 05:16 PM (16 years, 1 month ago)

maybe try ordering some spores and growing some mushrooms, or grow a pot plant or two....

Offlinedvwicked
Darkly Vigilant
Male

Re: My personal experience with my Xanax Prescription [Re: Churning]
    #8025639 - 02/15/08 01:17 AM (16 years, 1 month ago)

im on 2mg right now, i am growing immune also.

christ i'd love to have some viable spores, but i simply cant afford it. i have absolutely everything i would need to grow both mushrooms and weed, except for spores/prints/clones&seeds.

yeah..i need to get off this shit. my friends are gonna be pissed when i cut off my prescription, but i need help and this is just making me money and making my substance abuse problems worse.

i hope everything works out for you man, we all know life can be better than this.

-wick

--------------------
Darkly Vigilant Wicked
www.DarklyVigilant.com
I am generally treated like a mushroom.. Everyone is always trying to keep me in the dark and all they feed me is bullshit..

InvisibleBridgeburner
Not spiritual at all.
Male

Folding@home Statistics
    #8025648 - 02/15/08 01:21 AM (16 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

dvwicked said:
im on 2mg right now, i am growing immune also.

christ i'd love to have some viable spores, but i simply cant afford it.  i have absolutely everything i would need to grow both mushrooms and weed, except for spores/prints/clones&seeds.

spore prints don't cost that much. sell some xanax for a print :shrug:

--------------------

Offlinedvwicked
Darkly Vigilant
Male

Re: My personal experience with my Xanax Prescription [Re: Bridgeburner]
    #8087957 - 02/29/08 09:18 PM (16 years, 1 month ago)

all goes to weed, im pretty baked all the time tho lol

--------------------
Darkly Vigilant Wicked
www.DarklyVigilant.com

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies