Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Offlinehailtothethief
floater

Speeding Ticket
    #8004590 - 02/10/08 01:04 PM (16 years, 1 month ago)

If one was to go to court to contest a speeding ticket, how does it work? If i end up losing in court (ie the cop shows up) does the ticket end up costing more? Will i have to pay immediately if i lose? This is my first speeding ticket so i am not really sure of the process. Any input on this situation would be welcome! Thanks.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblevinsue
Grand Old Fart
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Garden State(NJ) Flag
Re: Speeding Ticket [Re: hailtothethief]
    #8004681 - 02/10/08 01:26 PM (16 years, 1 month ago)

Depends...How much over the limit? What state? Usually, the prosecutor, D.A. or whoever offers a reduced charge for a guilty plea. When I fought 1 in NJ,(I plead down from 20 over to 8MPH over the limit) they wanted their money then. A few months ago on a Sat. morning, a NY state trooper got me for doing 57 in a 45 zone. After a bit of questioning,(where I lived, where was I going) he gave me a seat belt violation (no points) because I was a local, with no points on my record. He preferred to get the out of town speeders on their way to the ski resort 20 miles up road .:shrug::goodluck:

--------------------

"All mushrooms are edible; but some only once." Croatian proverb. BTW ...
  Have You Rated Ythans Mom Yet ?? ... :taser:  ... HERE'S HOW ... (be nice) .  :mod: ... :peace:

OfflineFunGuyFan
Stranger

Loc: Hack Hack Cough Cough
Re: Speeding Ticket [Re: vinsue]
    #8004704 - 02/10/08 01:31 PM (16 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

vinsue said:
Depends...How much over the limit? What state? Usually, the prosecutor, D.A. or whoever offers a reduced charge for a guilty plea. When I fought 1 in NJ,(I plead down from 20 over to 8MPH over the limit) they wanted their money then. A few months ago on a Sat. morning, a NY state trooper got me for doing 57 in a 45 zone. After a bit of questioning,(where I lived, where was I going) he gave me a seat belt violation (no points) because I was a local, with no points on my record. He preferred to get the out of town speeders on their way to the ski resort 20 miles up road .:shrug::goodluck:

Tis true it all depends on what county and state. I was able to do 8 hours of community service to get out of a ticket.

--------------------

"Don't touch me while your laughing maniacally"

Invisiblefee
Im he who is the
 User Gallery

Loc: amsterdam
Re: Speeding Ticket [Re: FunGuyFan]
    #8004741 - 02/10/08 01:42 PM (16 years, 1 month ago)

if you show up too court and even take a plea bargin it wont go against you on you insurance either
so def go and take a plea if you obviously where wrong

--------------------

blankk said to fee:
btw you're a total fucking psychedelic pimp
Turtletotem said:
I want to become a sun worshipper, so next time an atheist smugly asks me where god is, I can point smugly at the sun and laugh my ass off.

Then I drive away in my solar powered piece of shit car, cool stuff man.

And then I go kill a bitch because the flaming orb in the sky told me to do so, and I don't know, oppress a few minorities here and there in the name of nuclear fusion?

Religion is fun.

InvisibleLayYouIn
Taurus
Male User Gallery

Loc: Organ
Re: Speeding Ticket [Re: hailtothethief]
    #8004762 - 02/10/08 01:47 PM (16 years, 1 month ago)

in oregon...i go to court, wait my turn, then the judge tells me what i was sited for and then i plea". you can plea, guilty(obvious), guilty with contest(means you have a reason why you broke the law), or innocent...in which case, they set up a little trial and you hope the cop doesn't show up. you can get a attorney(or lawyer?) and try to fight the thing. you can also ask for traffic school, community service, etc to get out of the ticket.

since it's your first one, id say plea guilty, it shouldn't hurt your insurance rate.

InvisibleantiPock
fighting entropy
Male User Gallery

Loc: Sol 3
Re: Speeding Ticket [Re: LayYouIn]
    #8004875 - 02/10/08 02:19 PM (16 years, 1 month ago)

if your driving record is good and the offense not to heinous, show up early. The DA usually takes pleas before court starts; a minor speeding violation is often dropped down to a lesser charge like improper equipment or the like, and you won't even have to sit through court. Be prepared to pay fine/court cost but the key is to avoid insurance points. I have had two speeding tickets reduced to non-point bearing infractions this way. ymmv

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom