Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflinesBUD
enthusiast
what standards do u have for tripping...
    #798859 - 08/05/02 09:06 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

i mean what things must at least occur for U in order for it to be a trip??? And if u dont go thru it , u dont classify it as a tripping experince?

I mean some friends say if they dont get any visual distortion, they dont feel like they're tripping. Or if a solid form starts changing into a different solid form (kinda like shapeshifting) .....things start moving when they cant possible move.....seeing things at a different meaning (u now have a broader spectrum of meaning to whatever ur seeing).....these are some things ppl have said that if they dont exp then they wouldnt consider it a trip at all.

What about every1 else here....what r their minimal requirements in the aftermath after taking shrooms (or acid) ??

sBUD

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblephrozendata
Carpal Tunnel

Folding@home Statistics
Re: what standards do u have for tripping... *DELETED* [Re: sBUD]
    #798869 - 08/05/02 09:12 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

Post deleted by phrozendata

--------------------
"There's only one corner of the universe you can be certain of improving and that's your own self. So you have to begin there, not
outside, not on other people" - Aldous Huxley

Invisiblevkk_
DNA Timebomb

Loc: Planet Erf, Yo.
Re: what standards do u have for tripping... [Re: sBUD]
    #799032 - 08/06/02 01:08 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

Shrooms in my belly.

--------------------
I remember, the first time, I... smoked DMT.

InvisibleFd3000
I'll eat YOU!

Loc: ^^ His house ^^
Re: what standards do u have for tripping... [Re: vkk_]
    #799516 - 08/06/02 07:20 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

When my ceiling is making kaleidoscope patterns, happens even on a 1 gram trip.

Fd

--------------------

"I could walk up to the president and blow smoke in his stupid monkey face and all he could do is stand there grooving on it" - Homer Simpson

OfflinesBUD
enthusiast
Re: what standards do u have for tripping... [Re: phrozendata]
    #800079 - 08/06/02 12:20 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

ahhh yes , the audio distortion making whatever music ur listening to sound better. Nice one there phro!!!
Nausia usually occurs near the end of a trip, dont it?

Alotta people mis use many drugs , not just shrooms. And about not understanding the drug..i know it's getting off topic on this thread but
i mine as well ask it. What pisses u off about people who dont comprehend the nature of shrooms???

InvisibletrendalM
J♠
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ontario, Canada
    #800264 - 08/06/02 02:10 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

It's actually hard to say what it is I consider to be "tripping". It's just "that feeling" I only get after eating some shrooms.

Usually it's the breathing I see in everything I look at, the race of thoughts through my head (makes the days I don't take my ritalin seem like a walk in the park), and the buzzing-like feeling I get all over my skin.

As for what pisses me off about people who don't understand shrooms...well I don't get pissed off just for that. What pisses me off is people who don't understand shrooms, use them anyway, but refuse to accept any advice or information about them. It's the people who say "shrooms are stupid, and you're stupid for doing them" that piss me off. People without an open mind. People who just don't know how to trip.

--------------------
Once, men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free.
But that only permitted other men with machines to enslave them.

InvisibleUFOz8MyGoat
The Governator Sayz Go Chagaz
Male

Loc: USA
Re: what standards do u have for tripping... [Re: trendal]
    #800626 - 08/06/02 04:50 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

to me when the horrizon scoots out the sky spreads out further...the road widens....the grass moves up and down ,peoples faces move and change when u know they arent doing anything,the insinde of your house looks huge or your car...tree branches wiggle and twitch in the corner of your eye like they are fucking with you...walls suck in and bow out,u see parallel lines going straight down into the earth in a plane of geometric patterns...colors seem bright and stand out like you are wearing 3-D glasses water looks like mercry or plasma,when you hav super sonic hearing can hear shit miles away it seems there much much more but these are some signs that your are on acid or shrooms...and these are what tell me that what i ate is indeed taking effect

OfflineSheepish
 User Gallery

Loc: Exile
    #800790 - 08/06/02 05:54 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

The feeling in my head is the one way I tell if I'm tripping. It's an undeniable feeling, and varies in strongness. So even if I just feel a milder head buzz, I still realise I'm tripping. Time dissolves or slows down is another main way to know. Looking at your digital watch is sometimes a dead giveaway when the numbers appear to breathe. And more importantly, everything looks otherworldly, foreign, new and exciting.

OfflineSwondPooping
WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!
Female
Loc: third drawer from the top...
    #801745 - 08/07/02 06:08 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

I have been lukcy enough to have had good trips each time I have injested so far. But those trips always included great visuals, usually the carpet growing. Food tastes so much better and more appealing. I can close my eyes and really enjoy a whole movie of visuals for an hour or more, of course this usually concerns my friends that I am not having a good time. I know I have been tripping heavy when I realize that gravity has jumped up and is pulling me down really heavy. I can always be heard saying F**kin gravity!

K

--------------------
^Pure Fiction^
The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool.

OfflinedoCtR_diSCreeT
DoctR g0nEMaAd...

Loc: iNfesTinG yOur teRraRium
    #802825 - 08/07/02 03:08 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

...when my thought process starts to take form on a higher level. I look around and study things instead of just looking at them. I start to gaze out at the world with the "glazed eyeballs"! All that and like everyone else has been saying, the feeling in the head, the audio distortion...everything is different!

Peace!

--------------------

Peace!

OfflinesBUD
enthusiast
Re: what standards do u have for tripping... [Re: SwondPooping]
    #803412 - 08/07/02 07:48 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

Nice assortment of standards there guyz!

Now have any of u's ever eaten ur shrooms and never get any of those "symptoms"??

Now what if u get SOmE or lesser of these standards in a very very mild form...would u still consider it a trip or just a prelude to one ? Something that has not really been reached or achieved(by ur standards) but was ALMOST there? Know what im saying?

What bothers me about ppl is those who can say this shit or that shit and have ne\ver ONCE taken it. Reading from texts or hearing it on the news(or community cops) or repeating other users experience who' had bad experiences is one thing BUT taking it urself and feeling the negatives (if any) and positives, holds more credence than anything else!! Just my opinion though! How can any1 actually say something without ever knowing FIRST HAND what it does.

piEcE

Happy Shrooming

OfflineSheepish
 User Gallery

Loc: Exile
    #803478 - 08/07/02 08:55 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

If it was a really mild form of these symptoms; a very faint body buzz, music sounds a bit better, but I wouldn't call it a trip. Because I think for it to be a trip, it has to be very different from normal reality. I'd say I felt something, but it wasn't in my mind a full blown trip.
About the police/people who talk shit about tripping. They don't seem to understand what tripping is about. And nor will they ever. They're not ready to accept the other world I guess. They feel as if we can learn nothing from it. That we're just turning our minds to custard. That our experiences are not valid because they were artificially created. Some people will claim that they did it, and they went crazy, and they're never touching it again. That is sad, especially when they failed to take any precautions and so on. Sure, if someone has a bad trip, and doesn't want to risk it again, fine. But to say "drugs are really bad, look at what happened to me on shrooms! don't ever do it, it's nothing but bad news!" is pretty narrowminded. And of course, the people who haven't done it will use the line "i don't have to try it to know it's bad". Pretty weak if you ask me. They could say "I'm not willing to try it" or "it doesn't appeal to me".

Anyways, I'm rambling.

OfflineBlipKorterly
Blue Thumb
Loc: North America
    #803632 - 08/07/02 11:08 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

I agree that anything beyond nausea is tripping for me, but it's not a GOOD trip unless I'm seeing some visuals and bright colors. If that doesn't happen, the trip just isn't as worth it for me...

--------------------
"Mycologist," he corrected. "And you shoud know the difference, a biologist like yourself. Mushrooms aren't plants. They don't have chlorophyll." --Just a Couple of Days

OfflinesBUD
enthusiast
Re: what standards do u have for tripping... [Re: Sheepish]
    #804701 - 08/08/02 12:36 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

A fellow tripper rambling is better than a know-it all cop or close minded stranger!!
So feel free to "leeeeets get ready to rhhhhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaammmmmmmm-bull" away

Thats exACTLY what i was thinking, that if u dont feel "those standards" or aint in the midst of it than it cant
really be considered a trip...buuut i wanted to see how others felt about it and what THEIR views were

Yuppp, outsiders tend to think that by taking any hallucinogenic drug , that ur not learning anything from it and ur basically just
frying it and slowly killing urself. Well, fuck of course..if u take insane dosages and more than frequently use it,
and u just go into it without much knowledege about it and do it cus it's cool..well...whattya expect!!
But i think alot of users r responsible and educated enough to know how to properly use whatever their
drug of choice to their advantage and pleasure without killing themsleves . It just the addicts that create
this chaos among the general public.

Yeaa that's a fuckin hilarious excuse if ya ask me "i dont have to try it to know it's bad"
And drug -induced cowz aint bad???? PLEAAAAZE!!!!! The amount of steroids and shit the beef industry
pumps into their
cowz to produce fatter cows cus of the increasing demands for it in the market is worse than any recreatinal
drug out there!!!!!

Now I'M rambling LOL

TriP TriiIiiIip awaaaay!

OfflineDETACHABLE_PENIS
Night Rider
Loc: show currently cancelled
    #808915 - 08/10/02 11:54 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

when i get that stupid grin on my face and theres nothing i can do to get rid of it.

--------------------
Prepare to turbo boost.

Invisibleblitz
RIP "Ripper" akaBrandon
    #809200 - 08/10/02 02:43 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

For something to be a trip, I first notice an increased intensity of my thoughts.... it's hard to explain, but it's extremely easy for me to identify. Of course, the trip gets more and more intense after that...

--------------------
"The universe works whether or not you understand it" - Frank Zappa

-blitz

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder