Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineDasKomet
D 322
Male User Gallery

Loc: US
TooL!
    #797874 - 08/05/02 12:04 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

Last night I went to see... Tool... afterwords I can now save I've experienced Tool! Aweman.. it was increadible. I had never been to one of their concerts. Initially I had some crappy seats, but that position only lasted as long as the opening act. Jumped the fence and got on the floor.
I gathered in a circle with others who where there for the same purpose... all rocking and swaying. The energy started to build and I don't know how to describe it... like a huge bass drop flooded the arena and everyone became entranced. The other guy I got over the fence (I tapped the guard on one shoulder and we dove over the fence in the other direction, LOL!) asked me if I wanted to go to the front. FUCK YEAH was my reply and as he led the way the crowd opened up for us... somewhat... but in ways it I got the feeling it was myself holding me back. I kept releasing and we stood at the front!!!!!!! Tool had not quite started playing yet... I felt like I was exploding, reaching out through my skin. Security came to grab me, but I put my arms above my head rubbing my palms and arms together stared right back at them and yelled I LOVE YOU ANYWAY! and they all backed off. And Tool begun!
It all really felt like an initiation... like the tribe I've always looked for. The momentum of over a 1000 people was there for me... just as I was there for them.
After a bit security pulled me over the fence. Consciously I reached out and touched the fence. Unconsciously I knew needed a break before I burned up. I kept groovin' back in the floor gathering for a song or two.
Then BLAM the bass/trance fell again. Everyone stood motionless. Up closer there was a big gap where no one was standing. I walked forward seemed like others were having trouble coordinating to walk, but I moved through the sea just by asking... no resistance. Just let the rythem keep taking me home... right back up to the stage.
I guess my question is what have others experienced of Tool?
If you've never seen them live... GO!
Rest in Peace!

--------------------
The Woven World is all I see.
Put cloves in your weed and tell them its for the LSD.
.oO0 Listen to White Zombie 0Oo.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Anonymous

Re: TooL! [Re: DasKomet]
    #797942 - 08/05/02 12:32 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

Sounds like a bitchin' time to me!!! Never seen tool but have had some tripped out expericenes at other concerts. Glad you had a great time!!! Peace out!!

Offlineekomstop
Male User Gallery

Loc: Canada
Re: TooL! [Re: ]
    #797944 - 08/05/02 12:34 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

19 days left...
cant wait!!

InvisibleIn(di)go
People of the sun.
Male User Gallery

Loc: Cologne, Germany
    #797985 - 08/05/02 12:52 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

saw them 2 times now... most spiritual experiences i?ve ever had... tool just puts me into meditation...

--------------------

Edited by Lozt Soul (08/05/02 12:53 PM)

OfflineBlastrid
e l e m e n t al i t y
 User Gallery

Loc: The Desert
Re: TooL! [Re: In(di)go]
    #798077 - 08/05/02 02:08 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

"saw them 2 times now... most spiritual experiences i?ve ever had... tool just puts me into meditation... "

agreed. seen em twice too. nothing will ever compare to those experiences.

--------------------
Blas'?trid (bl?s tr?d)
    n.  3rd generation derivitave of a combination of 'bastard' and 'blasted'.  Used as both an insult or an expletive.
    ex.  Blastrid!

Stereopattern  <--My music.

OfflineMurex
Reality Hacker

Loc: Traped in a shell.
Re: TooL! [Re: Blastrid]
    #798252 - 08/05/02 03:47 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

I saw them for the first time on the 21st of last month. TOOL will always be my favorite band!

--------------------
What if everything around you
Isn't quite as it seems?
What if all the world you think you know,
Is an elaborate dream?
And if you look at your reflection,
Is it all you want it to be?

OfflineDanimal
journeyman
Re: TooL! [Re: Murex]
    #798421 - 08/05/02 05:11 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

I saw them once last year and it was the most incredible concert/gathering I've ever been to. When they played Parabol and Osseus Labyrinth(sp?) was over the band, it literally made the hairs on my arms stand up. I will be attending the 8/16 and 8/20 shows in Boston and New Haven, respectively. If you have the opportunity, everyone should definitely see them live.

OfflineAdamist
ℚṲℰϟ✞ЇѺℵ ℛ∃Åʟḯ†У
Male User Gallery

Loc: Bloomington, IN
    #799948 - 08/06/02 11:06 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

I just got back from a Tool concert last night. Blew my mind (or should i say, crown chakra) wide open. For awhile I just took off my shoes and sat down and meditated, I didn't need the amazing visuals or the stage... my body was vibrating with energy, as I closed my eyes I drifted above the crowd and looked down on the massive inter-connected being Tool had brought together. As I concentrated on Maynard's voice, I could sense his presence. Not just the lyrics, but his essense speaking to those who listened. It was a wonderful feeling. I could also feel the essence of the rest of the band, I don't know how to explain it but I could feel their thoughts and feelings that they put into the music, the vibrations....

Oh and something else I noticed.... as I went to the side of the balcony looking down on the side of the stage, I saw the bottom of the platform Maynard stands on. And during the song H., there was a moving image of the Ouroboros (serpent eating it's own tail) circling the feet of him. I thought this was interesting, as I've had a few 'visions' of this image in the past, before I had heard or seen anything about it. Also, Maynard's spine was shining, I assume from his tattoo, and he had a black stripe down his face...

You should definately check their show out, if you like Tool or not...

--------------------
:heartpump: { { { ṧ◎ηḯ¢ αʟ¢ℌ℮мƴ } } } :heartpump:

OfflineChubbSubb
Zen Lunatic

Loc: Here.
Re: TooL! [Re: Adamist]
    #800034 - 08/06/02 11:49 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

I must say....Tool kicks major ass!

--------------------
Those who know do not speak.
Those who speak do not know.

OfflineDasKomet
D 322
Male User Gallery

Loc: US
Re: TooL! [Re: Adamist]
    #802197 - 08/07/02 09:51 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

"Not just the lyrics, but his essense speaking to those who listened. It was a wonderful feeling. I could also feel the essence of the rest of the band, I don't know how to explain it but I could feel their thoughts and feelings that they put into the music, the vibrations...."

From my own understanding... there is only ONE voice... each band/singer, etc.. is placing there own perception & interpretations to it. The more open... or to the level that the individual holding space is able to submit to the flow by embodying a physical and thought form of the harmony of love. With this I believe exists a direct positive relationship to the amount/level/presence there of pure meaning or vibration. Also, to add to the power of this is the crowd... their ablility to let go and receive the message.. to give freely of their energy allowing themselves to be filled with the new vibration/level of energy forthcoming.
When inbetween songs Maynard drank some water and returned to about to play I thought forth I need another drink (I was drenched in sweat). He stopped grabbed up another bottle of water and chugged it. Then I heard breathe in my head... so I started deep diaphramatic breathing and I felt rushes of cool air around my neck and back. I realized somewhere during the song that my breath was cooling those in front of me and it was the breath of others at my back.
I know I'm the only thing holding me back.. this is one band I'd LOVE to tour with.
Peace.

--------------------
The Woven World is all I see.
Put cloves in your weed and tell them its for the LSD.
.oO0 Listen to White Zombie 0Oo.

OfflineChikhai
Loc: Florida
    #804061 - 08/08/02 06:58 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

Were you at the Teco? That's the one I went to =) Yea, it was fucking mind blowing man, especially seeing as how I was on an 1/8th of shrooms. You probably saw me there. I was wearing a "Support your local cruisers" shirt. I was with a pretty large group of people, about 10, and everyone around our area was getting smoked out (one of the people I was with brought a bag of like 9 doobies).

That fucking video of the skull jumping bending and twisting out of the head blew me away. Tool is such a trip

--------------------
"I see!" said the blind man to his deaf wife.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag