Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com APE Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinetonyshroom
lost_soul

whats up with my RH ??????? (RR)
    #7975497 - 02/03/08 09:41 PM (16 years, 1 month ago)

ok this is my first fc but i have grow plenty off mushes before(intrivo oven bags ). There was a post a day or so ago about someone not being able to keep 99% RH in there FC. I am having the same problem, it is staying at 80 rh and that is on a analog meter not digital. I have wholes all through my FC (all six sides like your video RR)and 4-5 inches of perlite. I mist and fan about 6-8 times a day from 6 am to 11-12 am. I cant find a fan its, fucking winter what a weirdo looking for a fan in winter lol . Any ideas? If you need pics I can post but i'm not to sure about this FC thing. I might go back to my set it and for get it bags. I dont want this to be a complete wast of time I got about 80 shrooms growing off one shitty casing and don't want to wast them any input???? RR/raodkill. i did what you told the other guy, to avoid posting but it did not bring my RH up should I buy a bubbler??????????

temp about 72+ ish

lots of holes in FC

mist and fan at least 6-8 times in my day (more fanning then misting trying to avoid aborts )

plenty off natural light (just using there sun no fake light )

--------------------
NEVER DO THIS!!!

RAND PAUL WHO's THAT? :shrug:
! NO MORE BIG GOVERNMENT !

FIRST EDIBLES 2010

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineMorchella83
Stranger
Re: whats up with my RH ??????? (RR) [Re: tonyshroom]
    #7975544 - 02/03/08 09:53 PM (16 years, 1 month ago)

A couple of thoughts....

Perhaps your hygrometer is off. What kind are you using?

It sounds, to me, like you are fanning a bit much. With the number of holes you have in your FC I would say fanning 4-6 times a day is perfectly sufficient. You should also be misting every time you fan. The correct procedure when misting (i.e. indirectly, from the correct distance, etc.), is key and if followed you will have no problems in that regard.

Offlinelovingtickels
wit a engineringdegre wo neds tono how 2 spel

Loc: North or South America
Re: whats up with my RH ??????? (RR) [Re: Morchella83]
    #7975578 - 02/03/08 10:01 PM (16 years, 1 month ago)

yea. check you humidity meter. or ignore it as you are doing what seams to be right and see what happens. as you seam to be not able to use a humidifier? a bubbler is a great option. my advice on bubbler's is you should expect to find one under 40$ and search search search. find one that support for replacable ceramic discs can be bought. you will understand that when you search search search

edit: i am unclear here. you problem is humidity? or the iniabilty to buy a fan for fae?

--------------------
I never guess. It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts.
Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

Mistakes are a part of being human. Appreciate your mistakes for what they are: precious life lessons that can only be learned the hard way. Unless it's a fatal mistake, which, at least, others can learn from.
- Al Franken

Edited by lovingtickels (02/03/08 10:12 PM)

Offlinetonyshroom
lost_soul

Re: whats up with my RH ??????? (RR) [Re: lovingtickels]
    #7978014 - 02/04/08 03:09 PM (16 years, 1 month ago)

here is my meter(yeah there DD) and maybe i am giving them to much tlc i dont think my meter is broke. my mushies are looking a lil skinny so im thinking it is my humid (strain is mexi albino)they are just starting to take off and really start to grow.i guess i will see what they look like tomorrow (temp stays around 70ish)then ill go from there and i am going to look up some bubbler teks and see what i can come up with. Any more info would be great. thanks

thats my wife so be nice

YES I KNOW MY CAM SUCKS BALLS

--------------------
NEVER DO THIS!!!

FIRST EDIBLES 2010

OfflineRogerRabbitM
Bans for Pleasure
Male User Gallery

Loc: Seattle
Trusted Cultivator
OG Cultivator
    #7978036 - 02/04/08 03:16 PM (16 years, 1 month ago)

RH has nothing to do with skinny mushrooms. If the RH is too low, they won't pin at all. It sounds like a substrate/strain issue.

Hygrometers are useless until they've been calibrated. Wrap that thing up in a damp towel for an hour, and then unwrap and adjust so it reads 99%, but as said, that isn't the cause of skinny mushrooms. Lack of light and/or poor substrate are the likely causes, provided they're getting enough fresh air.
RR

--------------------
Download Let's Grow Mushrooms

semper in excretia sumus solim profundum variat

"I've never had a failed experiment.  I've only discovered 10,000 methods which do not work."
Thomas Edison

InvisibleDay Tripper
Got a goodreason, for taking the easyway out.

Loc: Rocky Mountains
    #7978039 - 02/04/08 03:16 PM (16 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

tonyshroom said:
OK this is my first fc but i have grow plenty off mushes before(invirtro oven bags ). There was a post a day or so ago about someone not being able to keep 99% RH in there FC. I am having the same problem, it is staying at 80 Rh and that is on a analog meter not digital. I have wholes all through my FC (all six sides like your video RR)and 4-5 inches of perlite. I mist and fan about 6-8 times a day from 6 am to 11-12 am. I cant find a fan its, fucking winter what a weirdo looking for a fan in winter lol . Any ideas? If you need pics I can post but I'm not to sure about this FC thing. I might go back to my set it and for get it bags. I don't want this to be a complete wast of time I got about 80 shrooms growing off one shitty casing and don't want to wast them any input???? RR/roadkill. i did what you told the other guy, to avoid posting but it did not bring my RH up should I buy a bubbler??????????

temp about 72+ ish

lots of holes in FC

mist and fan at least 6-8 times in my day (more fanning then misting trying to avoid aborts )

plenty off natural light (just using there sun no fake light )

You are fine, 85-92% is okay for casings, plus you are probably higher than 92 above the casing layer anyway.

Fluff up your perlite real good.

I like to mist with an ultra sonic for really fine drops to keep the casing layer moist but not to stress the pins too much.

If you have 100+ holes and are fanning then FAE is covered babe.

you can mist the sides of the FC to raise Rh.

Invisibleshroober
Myco Junkie

#7978071 - 02/04/08 03:22 PM (16 years, 1 month ago)

first of all, this is a public forum, any questions you post should not be directed to certain individuals, if you would like to post questions to only certain individuals then please use the private message feature

secondly, your wife has nice boobs

thirdly, it sounds like you are doing everything right but I can tell you that the hygrometer you have is a piece of shit, i have the same one. its analog which is preferred but only because you can calibrate most analogs. so in order to trust the reading you definitely need to calibrate your hygrometer, i would do that before trying to alter the FC anymore. but also keep in mind that introducing more FAE will only decrease your Rh, it will not help your Rh unless the air coming in is more humid than the air in your FC which is obviously unlikely.

and again, just to reiterate... your wife has nice boobs

(dont take offense, purely a compliment to your fine tastes :smile:)

Offlinetonyshroom
lost_soul

Re: whats up with my RH ??????? (RR) [Re: Day Tripper]
    #7978109 - 02/04/08 03:30 PM (16 years, 1 month ago)

Thanks RR I would say out of what you said it is probably light but just because..... The sub is wbs spawned to cow manure (lowes) with verm peat moss and some other goodies about 50% poo and 50% verm and peat. I'm new to the FC thing. I'm a set it and for get it guy (intrivo) but Thanks for the in put guys.

--------------------
NEVER DO THIS!!!

FIRST EDIBLES 2010

Offlinetonyshroom
lost_soul

#7978141 - 02/04/08 03:38 PM (16 years, 1 month ago)

let me tell you they taste great  :mattz:

--------------------
NEVER DO THIS!!!

FIRST EDIBLES 2010

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com APE Liquid Culture For Sale