Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineMagicius
Stranger

casing: dry old pine needles (have little resin) compared to COIR/ peat?
    #7971824 - 02/03/08 04:53 AM (16 years, 2 months ago)

hi there. I was just thinkin about dry old pine needles. I mean that are a few years old have been lyin on the forest floor, and are all brown from dryness; all the resin and stuff is out; when you smell them you don't get any hint of resins whatsoever; and i mean we see the forest floor cover with it.

Just wondering what the nutritional property of it is; and i mean it could possibly be used in a coir kind of way for casing/

I've had incredible success years ago with dry old needles and poo as a substrate (really, it was incredible flushes)...

Im just wondering how it would fare, and what the nutrient levels are, compared to say coir , for casing rather than a substrate additive.
I havent noticed anyone else talking about it.
everyone *IS* all anti resin, yes,

but like i said I HAVE had great success with it as substrate mixed with donkey poo; years ago....

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleKillerPicklez
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Flag
Re: casing: dry old pine needles (have little resin) compared to COIR/ peat? [Re: Magicius]
    #7971827 - 02/03/08 04:59 AM (16 years, 2 months ago)

Im pretty sure casing layers are supposed to be nutrient-free.

OfflinebrainsOplenty
myconut
Male

Loc: on your sister
Re: casing: dry old pine needles (have little resin) compared to COIR/ peat? [Re: KillerPicklez]
    #7971829 - 02/03/08 05:11 AM (16 years, 2 months ago)

i might be wrong but i think pine needles are highly acidic

--------------------
FOR GOD'S SAKE MAN! TELL ME ABOUT THE FUCKING GOLF SHOES!!!

LIVIN THE LIFE!!!

"WE KNOCK NIGGAS OUT AND MAKE EM BOUNCE LIKE RICKY HATTON"- IMMORTAL TECHNIQUE

OfflineMagicius
Stranger

Re: casing: dry old pine needles (have little resin) compared to COIR/ peat? [Re: KillerPicklez]
    #7971835 - 02/03/08 05:21 AM (16 years, 2 months ago)

but arent those dry old pine needles oh i guess, loaded with nutrients?

honestly though, i had a slow mexican strain, but the cakes took like 2 months to colonize., with hardly a damn contamn too, i might add, which was weird. it was in an old empty deepfreeze and it was leike 102% humidity, like soak dripping off the sides although I did cover the cake with black rubbish bags...
still. but yes it colonized VERY fucking slow. I've never had anything colonize that slowly.

im just lookin for a FREE alternative to COIR. YES, I *am* that cheap =]

InvisibleKillerPicklez
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Flag
Re: casing: dry old pine needles (have little resin) compared to COIR/ peat? [Re: Magicius]
    #7971840 - 02/03/08 05:26 AM (16 years, 2 months ago)

You dont want nutrients in your casing layer, perhaps you arent following.

OfflineMagicius
Stranger

#7990282 - 02/07/08 02:11 AM (16 years, 2 months ago)

Nevertheless, guys, about 4 years ago, i grew massive flushes and immense sized mexicans (cubensis, not mexicana), on donkeypoo and dry old pine needles. I've just sniffed my bag of old needles, and yes there still is a fain pine smell; but like i said, i did grow a lot of mushrooms on 50% pine needles, 50 % donkey poo (same as horse, a bit denser maybe...)

anyways. but it did colonize slow, but i dunno i think it was a slow strain to begin with...

yz i agree i dont want nutes in the casing, I agree.

Offlinewyattb
fellowshroomer
Male User Gallery

Loc: forest
    #7990374 - 02/07/08 02:36 AM (16 years, 2 months ago)

i know they work well 4 psi. cyanescens.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds