Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Grow Bags   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Capsules

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleGr33nday43
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Manchester, UK Flag
Growing Reishi Mushrooms Using Roger Rabbit's Method. *DELETED*
    #7934298 - 01/26/08 10:40 AM (16 years, 2 months ago)

Post deleted by Gr33nday43

Reason for deletion: That's a secret.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinefipsy
Stranger
Re: Growing Reishi Mushrooms Using Roger Rabbit's Method. [Re: Gr33nday43]
    #7944722 - 01/28/08 10:48 AM (16 years, 2 months ago)

i normaly make a tea by boiling the choped conk or antler form(wich tasts imo better) in water for an hour

Edited by fipsy (01/28/08 10:58 AM)

Invisibleflavoraid
now with twicethe ketamine andopiates!
Male
Re: Growing Reishi Mushrooms Using Roger Rabbit's Method. [Re: fipsy]
    #7945208 - 01/28/08 12:48 PM (16 years, 2 months ago)

1.I've heard Reishis are easy to grow. Is this true?
He makes them look easy to grow but no they are not easy to grow.
2.Should I use the jar culture method shown in the video?
Use his method exactly.
3.I'm looking for spores. Should I use a spore print or syringe?
a syringe prepared by a vendor is usually more likely to be clean, I'm pretty sure syringes are normally guaranteed by the vendor but prints aren't because they are easily contaminated.
4.How could I put the medicinal value of the mushrooms into capsules?
Would this lessen their ability, and if so, should I prompt them to make a tea, etc?
look at wikipedia - alcohol and hot water take out different amounts of medicinals so you can make an alcohol tincture or tea.
5.How can I get conks, and not antlers?
you can't get conks with the jar tek you would need to grow the reishi via bag tek and cut the side of the bag open to simulate their natural tree environment.
6.Is it possible to grow outdoors in kentucky? Zone 6? We have harsh summers and cold winters. It's humid in the summer, and rains regulary. If so, How could I do it? They naturally grow on trees normally in places in Asia. use www.google.com and the shroomery search function.. I haven't heard of outdoor cultivation of reishi as of yet.

--------------------
coda said:
imachavel, Man you really need to do some reading, the amount of bullshit you put into almost every single one of your posts is absolutely astounding.

InvisibleGr33nday43
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Growing Reishi Mushrooms Using Roger Rabbit's Method. *DELETED* [Re: flavoraid]
    #7945820 - 01/28/08 03:23 PM (16 years, 2 months ago)

Invisibleflavoraid
Male
    #7947087 - 01/28/08 07:28 PM (16 years, 2 months ago)

BTW

hot water extraction (tea) and alcohol extracted tinctures work differently

alcohol extraction is good for extracting the triterpenoids which are also known as ganoderic acids which are molecularly simular to steroid hormones.

tea extraction is good for extracting more of the polysaccharides which are advanced carbohydrates.

to my understanding triterpenoids will help immune system function and respiratory function...

this is what my friend told me and I'm just reversing my clouded mind using wikipedia personally I take pills which contain unmeasurable amounts of the "goodies" in comparison ton consuming tea and tinctures. I take 1 a day and they cost just under a buck with tax.

I want to grow some PF style (antler) and Bag style (conk) along with shiitake, trying to eat healthier and what not.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lingzhi

--------------------
coda said:
imachavel, Man you really need to do some reading, the amount of bullshit you put into almost every single one of your posts is absolutely astounding.

OfflineRogerRabbitM
Bans for Pleasure
Male User Gallery

Loc: Seattle
Trusted Cultivator
OG Cultivator
    #7947095 - 01/28/08 07:29 PM (16 years, 2 months ago)

Reishi is the easiest of all mushrooms to grow. Much easier than cubensis for sure, which is probably the second easiest mushroom to grow. Conks need 100% humidity and LOTS of air exchange to form indoors. Often in nature, they're found very close to the ground where the humidity is higher. In wetter climates, they can be found much higher up on the trees, and grow way larger, as can be seen below.

To grow outdoors, use grain spawn to inoculate sterilized wood dowels, and then when they're colonized, drive them with a hammer into holes you've drilled into freshly cut hardwood logs. Keep them shady and moist for the first year. Usually they'll fruit the first year, but certainly by the second they will.

Indoors, use sawdust/woodchip blocks as shown in the DVD.
RR

--------------------
Download Let's Grow Mushrooms

semper in excretia sumus solim profundum variat

"I've never had a failed experiment.  I've only discovered 10,000 methods which do not work."
Thomas Edison

Invisibleflavoraid
Male
Re: Growing Reishi Mushrooms Using Roger Rabbit's Method. [Re: RogerRabbit]
    #7947310 - 01/28/08 07:59 PM (16 years, 2 months ago)

okay, maybe they are easy? hahaha

I've never tried to grow them yet - I've just heard people bitch about failing :smile:

I TRIED TO BE HELPFUL, OKAY!?

RogerRabbit to the rescue!

--------------------
coda said:

Invisibleflavoraid
Male
Re: Growing Reishi Mushrooms Using Roger Rabbit's Method. [Re: flavoraid]
    #7947328 - 01/28/08 08:02 PM (16 years, 2 months ago)

BTW RR, if you look at this thread again...

what's your favorite strain from Aloha Medicals? Assuming you have one.

I'm looking to buy the Shiitake 75 strain and possibly a Reishi strain near the end of February.

If applicable what would you suggest for medicinal properties?

I'd PM you but I'm scared you'll put me on ignore for disobeying your PM note :o

--------------------
coda said:

InvisibleGr33nday43
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Growing Reishi Mushrooms Using Roger Rabbit's Method. *DELETED* [Re: flavoraid]
    #7947407 - 01/28/08 08:13 PM (16 years, 2 months ago)

Offlinemakaveli8x8
Stranger
Male User Gallery

#7947446 - 01/28/08 08:19 PM (16 years, 2 months ago)

Shiitake 75 is sopposed to be a nice strain, if you look at RR's gallery your sure to stumble upon some shiitake, i think alot of them are the 75's

Other than maybe the 75's, your gettings a much better bargin if you get your cultures from somewhere like sporeworks...even then i hear the shiitake at sporeworks is very good

For medicinal preperties reishi.

However each mushroom is different and will benifit in different ways, reishi just seems to be the most acclaimed.

I would just buy from sporeworks and get a bunch of cultures, shiitake, reishi, lions mane, miatake...seems like theirs a couple other good ones im forgeting

--------------------
We were sent to hell for eternity :hellfire: Ø:omgawesome:h®
We play on earth to pass the time :foreheadslap:

Over-population the root of all Evil-brings the Elites Closer to the gates.

Invisibleflavoraid
Male
    #7947470 - 01/28/08 08:22 PM (16 years, 2 months ago)

For conks RR said 100% humidity and lots of air exchange.

That won't be achievable with perlite alone. If you run a martha with a humdifier and a fogger on a timer you could adjust the fogger accordingly to achieve 100% relative humidity. Not from personal experiance I'm just making the assumption.

I don't know where your going with the bag of soil.

--------------------
coda said:

Offlinemakaveli8x8
Stranger
Male User Gallery

#7948144 - 01/28/08 10:14 PM (16 years, 2 months ago)

a fogger is really all you need althow i grew this with just misting 2x a day...no other attention given, it got destroyed by knats but i think it was going to form conks

gr33nday, all you need is some bird seed, or sawdust/woodchips, or a mixture of all the above.

you don't need to case reishi, and i havn't seen anywhere on here, where someone tried to fruit a log indoors, althow now that i think about it, i wonder why

oh and these were grown with just a cool mist humidifier

these 2 bags had some decent air exchange, were prob around 75-85% humidity

--------------------

Edited by makaveli8x8 (01/28/08 10:18 PM)

Offlinex7x_x7x
x7x, my problem child.
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: buenos aires Flag
    #7949305 - 01/29/08 07:00 AM (16 years, 2 months ago)

RR have developed a method for grow reishi and other mushrooms using paper as substrate. search that topic.

also, i got pics of three projects I'm running:

http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Cat/0/Number/7872502/an/0/page/0

http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Cat/0/Number/7797854/an/0/page/1

http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Cat/0/Number/7838463/an/0/page/0

my favorite tek is the pseudobook

--------------------
cultivando en la miseria

SuctoSpore® Pictorial Tek

x7x_x7x@shroomery.org

carl_jung_in_lsd@yahoo.com

koh samui and oak ridge are my favourite strains

Invisibleflavoraid
Male
Re: Growing Reishi Mushrooms Using Roger Rabbit's Method. [Re: makaveli8x8]
    #7950589 - 01/29/08 02:22 PM (16 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

makaveli8x8 said:
a fogger is really all you need althow i grew this with just misting 2x a day...no other attention given, it got destroyed by knats but i think it was going to form conks

gr33nday, all you need is some bird seed, or sawdust/woodchips, or a mixture of all the above.

you don't need to case reishi, and i havn't seen anywhere on here, where someone tried to fruit a log indoors, althow now that i think about it, i wonder why

oh and these were grown with just a cool mist humidifier

these 2 bags had some decent air exchange, were prob around 75-85% humidity

those look nasty dude.

conks look so much cooler than antlers though... PF tek will only give you antlers I'm pretty sure :frown:

--------------------
coda said:

Offlinemakaveli8x8
Stranger
Male User Gallery

#7950668 - 01/29/08 02:41 PM (16 years, 2 months ago)

not sure what you mean by nasty, but they were in the early-middle stages of growth

--------------------

InvisibleGr33nday43
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Growing Reishi Mushrooms Using Roger Rabbit's Method. *DELETED* [Re: makaveli8x8]
    #7950817 - 01/29/08 03:16 PM (16 years, 2 months ago)

OfflineRogerRabbitM
Bans for Pleasure
Male User Gallery

Loc: Seattle
Trusted Cultivator
OG Cultivator
Re: Growing Reishi Mushrooms Using Roger Rabbit's Method. [Re: makaveli8x8] * 2
    #7950849 - 01/29/08 03:25 PM (16 years, 2 months ago)

Use sawdust/woodchip bags, not logs, and NEVER bring soil from outdoors inside.

For shiitake, the 75 strain from AM is my favorite, and I have at least fifteen to twenty shiitake strains. The 75 will grow caps as large and meaty as portabellos, and ten times tastier. Shiitake is one of the best medicinals out there and it's an edible, which reishi is not. In addition, reishi tea will gag a maggot unless you find a way to cover the horribly bitter taste with lemon, honey, etc.

When mrs rabbit was diagnosed with cancer a few years ago, I switched all my growing and study to medicinals. When she was going through chemo, I fed her shiitake, cordyceps, A blazaii, and chagga every day. She drank Reishi tea from both wild collected Ganoderma oregonese and Ganoderma tsugae that grow in our area, plus Ganoderma lucidum that I grew in my mini greenhouse. Long story short, she went through 9 months of chemotherapy and kept 90% of her hair, while actually gaining weight during that time.

Of course, I also dragged her sometimes kicking and screaming, but dragged her nonetheless over at least 30 miles of mountain backpacking trails per week, so the exercise helped too. She's still cancer free.
RR

--------------------
Download Let's Grow Mushrooms

semper in excretia sumus solim profundum variat

"I've never had a failed experiment.  I've only discovered 10,000 methods which do not work."
Thomas Edison

InvisibleGr33nday43
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Growing Reishi Mushrooms Using Roger Rabbit's Method. *DELETED* [Re: RogerRabbit]
    #7950871 - 01/29/08 03:29 PM (16 years, 2 months ago)

Invisibleflavoraid
Male
    #7951072 - 01/29/08 04:02 PM (16 years, 2 months ago)

nice job RR

Very touching people like you are so awe inspiring. I have a friend right now who is chronically ill and he's basically to lazy to excersize, eat healthy, quit smoking (2-3 packs a day), have any sort of mental stimulation. He's basically giving up on life and he asked me today if he should get a DNR (do not resuscitate). So fucked.

Cancer blows glad you and your wife beat her cancer and she's healthy.

Can you tell me anything about the available substrains of Reishi from AM? I'm looking to purchase the shiitake 75 and possibly a reishi strain near the end of February.

--------------------
coda said:

Invisibleflavoraid
Male
    #7952128 - 01/29/08 07:19 PM (16 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Gr33nday43 said:
Well...I think I'm going to try to do it the way where I'll get conks.
So, what tek would that be?
Using bags?

You'll need to use bags I've heard getting the expensive bags in belgium from saco2 is the best for reishi as they provide superior gas exchange but you need to buy cases of 1000 at a time. Neways any of those filter patch bags will work. When birthing you slice into the side of the bag to stimulate grow from where you cut. This will lead up to the growth of conks ...

More or less quoting RR from one of his reishi cultivation threads.

The saco2 bit is what I heard from John at Aloha Medicinals. I heard growing reishi takes 4 to 6 months. 6months for large fruit bodies. Plus from my understanding the high quality pills you can buy give a rediculous amount of medicinal goodness compared to consuming tea broth and tinctures. Assuming that that is true which I actually believe it is. The high quality pills I've taken for 3 months cost just over a buck a pill so really the price preformance should be incomparable. I've been hesitant to grow reishi for this reason as it will not be cost effective unless I look at the long run being like life time use of broth/tinctures.

You need to consider a convience factor too. Building a water evaporator / dehydrator is more cost effective than buying bottles of water but hardly anyone bothers. You should make that consideration when growing reishi for medicinal properties. Sure you have the achievement of growing your own reishi but man I've had the tea once and it's awful. I'd consider consuming dried alcohol extracted tinctures encapsuled or some shit but fuck man. My main objective growing reishi would be just to do it for experiance but now that it's considered slow growing and easy as easy gets, I don't know.

--------------------
coda said:

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Grow Bags   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Capsules