Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomCube.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineCurious_George
You want abaloon?

Loc: La La Land
Tapalpa, Wollongong. Anyone know??
    #792368 - 08/02/02 09:31 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

Hello All.

Can someone tell me anything about Tapalpa and Wollongong species....

I've got brf cakes 100 % colonized in fruiting chamber for over 2 weeks now and nothing yet,, they are growing white foam and what looks like tiny white mushroom bulges that might be mushrooms but nothing more.....

Anyone ever trip on these..???

any info would be great!!
thanks.

CG

--------------------
************************************.>>>>>
Here Johny,, have a joint.. all your friends are doing it!!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflinesBUD
enthusiast
Re: Tapalpa, Wollongong. Anyone know?? [Re: Curious_George]
    #792425 - 08/02/02 10:02 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

i have tapalpa and wollongong..but i did such a bad job recording that i cant remember which strain belonged
to which fruits LOL

If im correct the tapalpa is a small fruit ..i've been getting less than 7" in length. When u see the pins and
they start to mature, their caps become a lovely amber color. They first have a indian red color cap. Stalks aint
too thick either.

It's been over 2 weeks and nothing yet...the same has happneded to me with this strain. sadly i only
got 2 fruits from that cake but when i dunked it (which was about 3 dayz ago) im already getting 5 fat pins right now
which will fully mature by sunday. Have 2 other cakes, i think, of the same strain and i initially dunked it and its given
me 4 fruits (already picked and again about 6" long) 2 aborts, and 2 more fruits soon to be picked .
They appear to be slow growers i find. I let u know how the trip is ...i have 4 freshies sitting in the fridge(which'll be for me)
and some other dry ones which my friends will eat and i'll give u a report by sunday. When i ate
my first fresh tapalpa's, i didnt have enuff to trip on (just 2 lil ones) so this time around i'll be more
armed LOL

Those tiny white mushrooms bulges is what ur looking for...soon they will thick out and in just 2 or 3 dayz
they will mature and the veil will break (pick them at that point) -look real closely
at the cake and at as many different angles cus sometimes u will see the first signs as they stick out
of the cake and if u can, wear some surgeon gloves pick up the cake and look underneath...sometimes
u will see them hiding there. But if no pins ...dunking helps big time and u will see results much faster.

My wollongong casing just went in the fruiting chamber with the tapalpa cakes yesterday, so i cant tell u about their size, shape and color...nor about
their trip. Hopefully if all goes well, i will soon

good luck

OfflinePoolShark
Mushroom Farmer

Re: Tapalpa, Wollongong. Anyone know?? [Re: Curious_George]
    #793741 - 08/03/02 05:19 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

That "white foam" is becuase there is too much humidity in your fruiting chamber. See if you can get it down to the 87-90% range. Also those cakes have been sitting for awhile so i think that they might have used up quite a bit of their nutrients. Ya also migh want to check out the most called "Why You Should Dunk PF Cakes". Another reson that they might not be fruiting is becuase you let them out of their jars too early. Were they fully colonized when you put them in? Still that wouldn't explane the foam your talking about so it is probably humidity.

--------------------
PoolShark

Remember, Every thing I say or write is not based on facts or reality

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract