Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleDisco Cat
iS A PoiNdexteR

Paypal is scum, should die, help me sue
    #7920884 - 01/23/08 05:46 PM (16 years, 2 months ago)

Some guy bought an item from me, paying $400 about 6 months ago. Money was sent, item was received, deal ended.

Dec 24th, I receive an email from Paypal stating that the cardholder had issued a "chargeback," meaning they're claiming they did not authorize the money to be sent in the first place, and are taking their money back. Paypal says in the email that they deal with these situations commonly, and will contest the chargeback on my behalf. I also have kept the shipping # from the package, and a message history which confirms that the item was received and everything was proper, and I send these in to Paypal as proof of the legitimacy of the transaction.

Because I was baffled about why this is happening, I contact the buyer, whom I had not really spoken to since the transaction ended. It turns out that he did not in fact issue the chargeback, but that he had used Paypal's buyer credit to send me the money, but then failed to pay his bill to Paypal and so they locked his account and reversed all his transactions. So, while the buyer screwed Paypal, Paypal is now trying to screw me to compensate for their losses from the buyer - as if I'm responsible for their mistake.

I phoned Paypal customer support, who insist that the buyer's to blame for screwing both me and them over, using a fake tone of sympathy, refusing to accept that them reversing a valid transaction on a third party is fully their own responsibility.

Thank God I had $0 in my Paypal account at the time, so all they could do was make my credit $-400.
So now I'm being blackmailed by Paypal, who says that if I don't pay the $400, which someone else owes them, I won't be able to use my account anymore, and further, after reading up about these cases online, I can predict that the next move of theirs will be threatening to sue for the funds. I have already received my first reminder, in which they trust I will happily comply, and that it was just an honest mistake on my part. :cuckoo:

Oh well, at least I can look forward to Paypal fairly arguing my case for me against the credit company (Paypal) for me. I'm sure that tracking # and message history I gave to them will come in real handy there... because it's not like they're the prosecuter and judge at the same time. :flowstone:

The customer rep basically said it's unfair that the buyer is putting me through all this (:dumblol:) and said that I can claim mail fraud against them. I don't know how I could claim mail fraud since the transaction that took place between the two of us was perfectly legit, and smooth. I'm not fighting Paypal's battle over the credit they gave this guy for them, especially with them trying to extort me. I'd much rather sue Paypal, to be perfectly honest. Any ideas for damage claims, legal knowledge, etc? Help me sue the stupid thuggish asshole known as Paypal.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineg00ru
lit pants tit licker
Male User Gallery

Loc: georgia, us
Re: Paypal is scum, should die [Re: Disco Cat]
    #7920896 - 01/23/08 05:48 PM (16 years, 2 months ago)

I hate shit like this. It's frustrating just to read.

--------------------
check out my music!
drowse in prison and your waking will be but loss

InvisibleBandersnatch
Frumious

Re: Paypal is scum, should die [Re: g00ru]
    #7920923 - 01/23/08 05:55 PM (16 years, 2 months ago)

http://www.encyclopediadramatica.com/Paypal

Yeah, honestly, there are a lot of scammers there on ebay.

It's really hard to tell who's at fault but Paypal is in it for the money and they're sure as hell not going to take that loss either way.

InvisibleDisco Cat
iS A PoiNdexteR

Re: Paypal is scum, should die [Re: Bandersnatch]
    #7920945 - 01/23/08 06:00 PM (16 years, 2 months ago)

No, it's really easy to tell who's at fault here. If a credit card company issues someone a credit card, and that person uses that credit card to buy a friend lunch for her birthday and then fails to pay the credit company back, the credit card company can't go to the girl who had lunch bought for her and extort her to cover the debt of the person they issued the card to.

Again, if a credit company gives credit to a person, and that person buys an amp with that credit then fails to pay the credit company back, the credit company can't extort the store from which the person bought the amp to compensate for the debt of the person they issued the credit to.

InvisibleBandersnatch
Frumious

#7920957 - 01/23/08 06:02 PM (16 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Disco Cat said:
No, it's really, really easy to tell who's at fault here. If a credit card company issues someone a credit card, and that person uses that credit card to buy a friend lunch for her birthday and then fails to pay the credit company back, the credit card company can't go to the girl who had lunch bought for her and extort her to cover the debt of the person they issued the card to.

Again, if a credit company gives credit to a person, and that person buys an amp with that credit then fails to pay the credit company back, the credit company can't extort the store which the person bought the amp from to compensate for the debt of the person they issued the credit to.

I meant that it is fairly easy to rip someone off using Paypal... I believe you if you think that's not the case though.

InvisibleDisco Cat
iS A PoiNdexteR

Re: Paypal is scum, should die [Re: Bandersnatch]
    #7920966 - 01/23/08 06:04 PM (16 years, 2 months ago)

Oh, sorry.

InvisibleLeftyBurnz
Mr. I Eat Butthole
Male User Gallery

Loc: FL
    #7920967 - 01/23/08 06:04 PM (16 years, 2 months ago)

that really sucks disco.

--------------------

Invisiblesui
I love you.
Male User Gallery

Loc: Cali, Contra Costa Co. Flag
Re: Paypal is scum, should die [Re: LeftyBurnz]
    #7921040 - 01/23/08 06:22 PM (16 years, 2 months ago)

call paypal ask to speak to a supervisor and tell them if its not fixed YOU will take legal action against THEM. Talk to a lawyer and threaten them with it.

--------------------

"There is never a wrong note, bend it."
Jimi Hendrix

Edited by sui (01/23/08 06:22 PM)

Offlinesnoot
look alive ∞
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 45º parallel Flag
Re: Paypal is scum, should die [Re: sui]
    #7921113 - 01/23/08 06:36 PM (16 years, 2 months ago)

I had something similar happen, where UPS broke something sent and then the buyer said it was broke to begin with, and now I'm stuck with broken electronics and having to send the money back, its fucking rediculous.

paypal makes you travel to santa monica and all this nonsense if you wanna take anything to court.

--------------------

I am incapable of conceiving infinity, and yet I do not accept finity.
- Simone de Beauvoir -

InvisibleYidakiMan
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Re: Paypal is scum, should die [Re: snoot]
    #7921195 - 01/23/08 06:54 PM (16 years, 2 months ago)

Find a lawyer to draw up a cheap cease and desist letter.

If they keep harassing you, you can go to small claims court to get a cease and desist order.

But Paypal seems to think it operates above all banking regulation, so don't expect the C&D letter to really do anything, but it gives you standing to file a C&D order.

edit: Thanks for the reminder to drain my Paypal account.

InvisibleCancer
la Nebulosa del cangrejo
I'm a teapot

Loc: under da C
Re: Paypal is scum, should die [Re: YidakiMan]
    #7921401 - 01/23/08 07:39 PM (16 years, 2 months ago)

Every so often Paypal freezes my account for no reason under the pretenses of ... 'Your website is selling products that violate our terms of use policy'. The thing is.. I dont have anywebsites, nor have I ever used my paypal acct to sell anything. These guys suck, and they dont know thier asses from a hole in the ground.

OfflineLearyfanS
It's the psychedelic movement!
Male User Gallery

Loc: High pride!
Re: Paypal is scum, should die, help me sue [Re: Disco Cat]
    #7921454 - 01/23/08 07:48 PM (16 years, 2 months ago)

Wow, this is fucked up. If everything is the way you say it is, then I can't understand how in the world they could hold you responsible for this. It makes no sense.

--------------------
--------------------------------

Mp3 of the month:  Sons Of Adam - Feathered Fish

OfflineBaby_Hitler
Errorist
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: To the limit! Flag
    #7921628 - 01/23/08 08:25 PM (16 years, 2 months ago)

I made $70 in referrals from PayPal when they first started. They paid me $5 for each referral.

--------------------
"America: Fuck yeah!" -- Alexthegreat

“Nothing can now be believed which is seen in a newspaper. Truth itself becomes suspicious by being put into that polluted vehicle. The real extent of this state of misinformation is known only to those who are in situations to confront facts within their knowledge with the lies of the day.”  -- Thomas Jefferson

The greatest sin of mankind is ignorance.

The press takes [Trump] literally, but not seriously; his supporters take him seriously, but not literally. --Salena Zeto (9/23/16)

OfflineJT
Male User Gallery

Loc: athens Flag
Re: Paypal is scum, should die, help me sue [Re: Baby_Hitler]
    #7921728 - 01/23/08 08:39 PM (16 years, 2 months ago)

that really sucks man. paypal is the scum of the earth. i had a similar situation happen to me.

a year and a half ago i was big into selling world of warcraft accounts (laugh all you want, but i could buy them for 300-400 and sell them two weeks later for a hundred bucks profit with no work at all) and lost about $1200 when someone used a hacked paypal account to purchase one from me. some dumbass lady had a keylogger on her system and an asian guy got her password and bought one of my auctions, and when she filed a chargeback request they just took the money out of my account without any notice until it was gone. i ended up getting an overdraft fee too because ebay was set to automatically bill my paypal account for seller fee's and i didn't realise my account was empty so it hit my bank account.

InvisibleDisco Cat
iS A PoiNdexteR

#7968118 - 02/02/08 10:28 AM (16 years, 1 month ago)

This is an email I just received from Paypal:

Dear ************,

Recently your PayPal account balance has fallen below zero. To ensure uninterrupted access to your PayPal account, please bring your balance to zero or a positive amount.

To add funds to your account:
1. Log in to your PayPal account.
2. Click "Restore Your Balance".
3. Follow the instructions to transfer funds to your PayPal account.

If your account shows that you owe money because of an open complaint, you can visit the Resolution Center to resolve the issue as soon as possible.

To access the Resolution Center:
1. Log in to your PayPal account.
2. Click the "Resolution Center" subtab on your Account Overview.
3. All open complaints will be listed.

If you have already added funds to your account and brought your balance to at least zero, please disregard this message.

We appreciate your cooperation and invite you to reply to this email with any questions.

Sincerely,
PayPal

---------------------------

My calm and collected response contained the phrase "shut the fuck up" thrice.

If anyone still comes up with ideas to help a legal case against Paypal, let me know.

OfflineRogerRabbitM
Bans for Pleasure
Male User Gallery

Loc: Seattle
    #7968141 - 02/02/08 10:39 AM (16 years, 1 month ago)

The fine print in your paypal agreement gives them a license to steal, and essentially makes them a co-account holder on your bank account. It also says you won't sue them, and agree to come to their home city to settle any legal issues. Therefore, if you try to go to small claims court, they can simply ignore any judgement because it violates the agreement you signed. As said, they have a license to steal, and ebay is in on it too. The fees at ebay are so high, no legitimate business is going to conduct affairs there, so it becomes a place to sell worn out junk and to fence stolen merchandise. Sorry to say it, but you're screwed.
RR

--------------------
Download Let's Grow Mushrooms

semper in excretia sumus solim profundum variat

"I've never had a failed experiment.  I've only discovered 10,000 methods which do not work."
Thomas Edison

InvisibleSkunk420
 User Gallery

Loc: inside
Re: Paypal is scum, should die, help me sue [Re: RogerRabbit]
    #7968154 - 02/02/08 10:46 AM (16 years, 1 month ago)

Im glad i have never used my pay-pal account, i was paranoid about giving them my checking account # anyway, I like to use money orders, they are safe and no one can get your credit/debit card number or your bank account #'s.

Edited by Skunk420 (02/02/08 10:51 AM)

InvisibleHELLA_TIGHT
Madge the Smoking Vag
Female User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Afghanistan Flag
    #7968478 - 02/02/08 12:27 PM (16 years, 1 month ago)

I would just say fuck it, take all your money out of all (and close) bank accounts so they can't fuck you in anyway. It would be a hassle, but it's the smart thing to do! Ignore it!

--------------------

InvisibleYidakiMan
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Re: Paypal is scum, should die, help me sue [Re: HELLA_TIGHT]
    #7970045 - 02/02/08 07:13 PM (16 years, 1 month ago)

If you close an account knowing full well that there will be an automated debit, the prosecutor could easily charge you with check deception.

InvisibleYidakiMan
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Re: Paypal is scum, should die, help me sue [Re: YidakiMan]
    #7970055 - 02/02/08 07:16 PM (16 years, 1 month ago)

Paypal's customer service is fucking useless. For some reason I couldn't receive the confirmation email required to claim money. The stupid cunt told me to finish the transaction outside of ebay.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom