Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
InvisibleSuperD
Cacti junky
 User Gallery

Loc: The bridgesii bridge
Anyone care to collaborate on a business opportunity?
    #7918317 - 01/23/08 12:45 AM (16 years, 2 months ago)

In brief, it's call drop shipping. Basically what happens is you order bulk of a particular item from a wholesaler, someone buys an item, then you give the wholesaler the buyer's shipping info once you receive payment for the product. You never have to touch the prodcut itself when going this route.

Anyone here who is a responsible adult that is looking to start a biz adventure interested? We can always build and expand products and everything else in our business from there once there is enough profit made from doing this.

Just a random idea that I came up with today after deciding my life would be headed no where unless I take action today.

--------------------
:super:D
Manoa said:
I need to stop spending all my money on plants and take up a cheaper hobby, like heroin. :lol:

Looking for Rauhocereus riosaniensis seeds or live specimen(s), :pm: me if you have any for trade

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinechaos05
Stranger

Re: Anyone care to collaborate on a business opportunity? [Re: SuperD]
    #7918686 - 01/23/08 03:44 AM (16 years, 2 months ago)

I looked into this about a month ago, the problem is that every man and his dog are doing it now, leading to hardly any profit for anyone. Unless you can tap the market with a new product or even just one that everyone isnt selling, its not worth the effort IMHO

Chaos05

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

#7918790 - 01/23/08 05:24 AM (16 years, 2 months ago)

You haven't been seduced by a Multi Level Marketing scheme have you?

I consider MLM business nothing short of legalized Ponzi schemes. If everyone becomes a salesperson, who will be buying? Many markets are rapidly saturated and the MLM mechanism does everything to oversaturate it. You could be getting into an oversaturated market.

Even if a product is totally the shit, MLM is always the wrong way to market it. Sell a product on its merit, and don't sell selling itself to people who dream of making a buck.

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org
higher knowledge starts here

Offlinerizingfire
Mycoticus psychoticus
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: North-east USm'f'nA
Re: Anyone care to collaborate on a business opportunity? [Re: Asante]
    #7919252 - 01/23/08 09:47 AM (16 years, 2 months ago)

Wiccan, I disagree. Most mlm's aren't scams. Some have better products then others but more than 50% of the millionaires in the US got there by mlm. Health insurance is even mlm. Donald Trump and Robert Kiosaki both did a recent article talking about how mlm is the most perfect business model in the world. Every business is just mlm + salry or wage. You have workers supervised by a supervisor, supervised by a mgr supervised by a district mgr and so on. I have been a part of 2 different mlm's and made money. Many mainstream companies are creating mlm ventures because it is the business model of the future. Why not create a residual income.

My business is mlm yet I know 3 local millionaires. Took em 9 yrs but who cares, you won't be a millionaire working almost any other occupation for 9 yrs. You are way too smart of a guy to read rippoff report, that site is a scam in itself. Those are all the lazy people who thought mlm's don't require work. I have several friends in different mlm's who have bonus cars and nice checks. It has to be right for you and the product needs to be able to stand without the opportunity. Plus in our case Forbes, Fortune, money magazine, Time, Wall St Journal, Entrepeneur, Business week and sevveral others have all said how great we are and we were rated the #3 business in the world to watch for explosive growth. We we #13 best performing stock of the 90's, Microsoft was #17. We made Forbes Top 200 small businesses at #5 til we got too big. Every company is different but I feel for those who think mlm is a scam because you will never make the kind of money I can make trading metal unless you were rich to begin with. Corse that is why we have The pres of the US Chamber of Commerc, The head of the US bar association, 13 US Attorney generals as members and 4 as providers. No disrespect intended but that was a very incorrect statement. Some mlm's are a joke but some are amazing. Money magazine said we are where the health insurance industry was right before it became a trillion$$ business. There are 2x the legal issues as medical in Canada ans the US. Plus 80% of Europe have these plans so it is a sure bet it will take off here tpp. Plus 35 yrs old and being a NYSE traded company is something the majority of mlm's can't claim. We can.

--------------------
aka NHMI

Invisiblebadchad
Mad Scientist

Re: Anyone care to collaborate on a business opportunity? [Re: rizingfire]
    #7919342 - 01/23/08 10:41 AM (16 years, 2 months ago)

You obviously can make money using these types of pyramid schemes. Unfortunately, you need to be at the top of the pyramid to do so.

If I have to "buy in" to a "wonderful business opportunity", and then I'm rewarded for recruiting more people (and I get a percentage of what they sell) then at some point, there are no more customers.

--------------------
...the whole experience is (and is as) a profound piece of knowledge.  It is an indellible experience; it is forever known.  I have known myself in a way I doubt I would have ever occurred except as it did.

Smith, P.  Bull. Menninger Clinic (1959) 23:20-27; p. 27.

...most subjects find the experience valuable, some find it frightening, and many say that is it uniquely lovely.

Osmond, H.  Annals, NY Acad Science (1957) 66:418-434; p.436

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

#7919515 - 01/23/08 11:39 AM (16 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

You are way too smart of a guy to read rippoff report, that site is a scam in itself.

I must be, I never heard of it :lol:

Quote:

more than 50% of the millionaires in the US got there by mlm.

Can you back that up? It looks odd to me.

Quote:

Every business is just mlm + salry or wage.

How is a bakery MLM? A bakery sells bread, it doesn't sell the opportunity to sell bread with a bonus if you bring in more salespeople.

Quote:

Plus 35 yrs old and being a NYSE traded company is something the majority of mlm's can't claim.

And the vast majority of MLM's will never even get close to that if you catch my drift. You happen to be into an impressively succesful one, but theres a whole lot of MLMs where the product is a byproduct and its all about marketing salespersonship.

An MLM is the fastest way to saturate a market. It is also a way to rapidly generate the largest possible number of salespersons catering to that market. The more restaurants a town has, the less each will earn because there are only so many eaters. This is no problem for people high up in the hierarchy, because more flows to them. But at the source of the flow, individual salespeople, income is more modest because so damn many people sell the same product in the same market.

Quote:

Donald Trump and Robert Kiosaki both did a recent article talking about how mlm is the most perfect business model in the world.

If you're the big fat spider at the heart of the web MLM is the perfect business model. If you're one of the little people MLM limits the number of sales you will make. Unless ofcourse you invest in recruiting people to work for you.

See the pyramid scheme nature of this? MLM is a system of exploitation.

Quote:

you will never make the kind of money I can make trading metal

You are comparing a fulltime job with something that requires no effort at all. Ofcourse a fulltime job will earn better than passive trading strategies, at least I hope it for you that your hard work earns you more than my investment hobby earns me :wink:

Quote:

Plus in our case Forbes, Fortune, money magazine, Time, Wall St Journal, Entrepeneur, Business week and sevveral others have all said how great we are and we were rated the #3 business in the world to watch for explosive growth. We we #13 best performing stock of the 90's, Microsoft was #17. We made Forbes Top 200 small businesses at #5 til we got too big.

I understand you'd like to be discreet as to the name of the company, but what product is it you sell?

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org
higher knowledge starts here

InvisibleKillerPicklez
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Flag
    #7921159 - 01/23/08 06:45 PM (16 years, 2 months ago)

I at one point considered doing this for gardening supplies, I have a whole seller who I get very good deals from because of years of loyalty. So I thought of opening a business and doing exactly as you said.

I didnt know it was called "drop shipping" I was considering myself an "sales agent" kind of like insurance agents do, since many of them dont actually work for the insurance company them self, but rather sell you someone elses product or service.

Offlinerizingfire
Mycoticus psychoticus
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Anyone care to collaborate on a business opportunity? [Re: KillerPicklez]
    #7923223 - 01/24/08 07:02 AM (16 years, 2 months ago)

Prepaid Legal Inc

You are right Wiccan, rarely do mlm's actually support the new recruit. In our case we get a $350 bonus when a new recruit advances so it is profitable for us to not exploit anyone unlike many that do. Plus we lose our contract if we do something considered to not be a responsible business practice.

I understand where you are coming from and by all intents and purposes you are right. Pyramid schemes were the lists that everyone sent a dollar too, they are illegal. The concept of mlm is really good. My point was each company needs to be judged individually. Any company with a good product could trash their advertising budget and go mlm instead and give the money to their salesman.

we are in the shroomery classifieds and since you asked I can tell the benefits, right? for $16/month ($25 with the #1 company in ID theft Protection-Kroll Background America)With the ID theft you get the company that tracked Saddam's money and unraveled Enron. They are the only restoration service available and it is offered only through PPL
You get your credit report and score too(for $2. more you can get all 3 reports and scores.) I had another service and they charged $5 to see your score, it's included here. I have used the legal service. Some of our provider firms are Ret US Attorney Generals who would cost $1k/hr so these aren't your public pretenders. Some firms get 6 figures a month from us so you are their best client.

The major difference too is even if you are rich and buy a lawyer, all they want is to eat the retainer. Since our firms can't get any more from you their main focus is to deal with your problems in the best and most efficient way.

Benefits included:

Standard Family Plan

$16/month + $10 enrollment fee

Coverage Summary:

* Preventive Legal Services
* Motor Vehicle Legal Expense Services
* Trial Defense Services
* IRS Audit Legal Services
* Other Legal Services

Who's included in the plan:

* You as the primary member
* Your spouse
* Never-married, dependent children up to age 21 who live at home
* Never-married, dependent children up to age 23 who are full-time college students
* Children up to age 18 for whom you are legal guardian, and
* Any dependent child, regardless of age, who is mentally or physically disabled and dependent upon you for support.

Coverage Details:
Preventive Legal Services

Phone Consultations on Unlimited Matters

As a member, you can consult with your Provider Law Firm toll free by phone on any personal or business-related matter. Just call your Provider's toll-free number during regular business hours when you have a legal problem or question.

Phone Calls and Letters...

A phone call or letter from your Provider Lawyer can get you the results you want fast. Your Provider Lawyer will recommend a letter or phone call when that is the best step for you. One call or letter per personal subject related matter is free with your membership. Plus, you'll receive two business letters each year at no additional cost! Additional assistance for same subject at 25% discount.

Contract and Document Review...

You can have an unlimited number of personal legal documents, up to ten pages each, reviewed by your Provider Lawyer. Included each year is one business document review at no additional cost! Your Provider Lawyer will analyze the documents and suggest changes for your benefit before you sign.

Wills for You and Your Family...

A Will for you at no additional charge, not just a "simple" Will, but one that meets most Americans' needs - with free yearly reviews and updates. Wills for covered family members are just $20 each; changes and updates $20. Trust preparation is available at a 25% discount.

* Additional Information & Exclusions
Motor Vehicle Legal Expense Services

Minor Legal Expenses

Your Provider Lawyer will represent you or your covered family members against moving traffic violations at no additional cost to you. Now you can have help with traffic tickets and not have to worry about the cost of representation.

Major Legal Expenses

Your Provider Lawyer will defend you or your covered family members when you are charged with Manslaughter, Involuntary Manslaughter, Negligent Homicide, or Vehicular Homicide at no added cost to you.

And add up to 2.5 hours for help with..

* Damage recovery service
* Driver's license assistance
* Personal injury legal expenses

Trial Defense Services

Lawsuits cause tremendous emotional and financial stress. Your Pre-Paid Legal membership offers assistance when you need it most.

Up to 60 hours of lawyer time...

During your first membership year, you have up to 60 hours of your Provider Lawyer's time at no additional cost when you or your spouse is named defendant or respondent in a covered civil or criminal action filed in a court of law. The criminal action must be one which arises out of the direct performance of the covered person's employment activities. Your Provider Firm can advise you of the documents required to determine coverage under this benefit.

Of these 60 hours, up to 2.5 hours may be used for all legal services rendered in defense of the covered suit prior to actual trial. Up to 57.5 of the remaining hours are available for actual trial time including covered criminal preliminary hearings.

Your hours of service increase...

When you renew your membership, your hours of lawyer time increase as follows:

2nd year renewal: Up to 120 hours of assistance at no additional charge including up to 3 hours of pre-trial time.

3rd year renewal: Up to 180 hours of assistance at no additional charge including up to 3.5 hours of pre-trial time.

4th year renewal: Up to 240 hours of assistance at no additional charge including up to 4 hours of pre-trial time.

5th year renewal: Up to 300 hours of assistance at no additional charge including up to 4.5 hours of pre-trial time.

IRS Audit Legal Services

Your Pre-Paid Legal membership will help you defray the costs of an IRS audit and give you the legal support you need.

Up to 50 hours of lawyer time...

You have up to 50 hours of your Provider Lawyer's time available at no additional cost when you or a covered family member receives written notice of an IRS audit or are requested to appear at IRS offices regarding your tax return. Your 50 hours are available as follows:

Up to one hour for consultation, advice, and assistance when you receive written notice from the IRS of audit or appearance.

If there is no settlement within 30 days, you have up to 2.5 hours for audit representation, negotiations, phone conversations, and settlement conferences prior to litigation.

If there is no settlement without litigation, up to 46.5 of the remaining hours are available for actual trial appearance if the IRS sues you, or you pay the disputed tax and sue the IRS.

Other Legal Services

Your Provider Lawyer will render assistance at a 25% reduction to his or her standard hourly rate* for you or your spouse should you need legal services not covered by this plan. A retainer may be required for services being rendered under this benefit. Five days are required for preparation for court representation.

*Hourly rates for Referral Lawyers and court appearances may
vary.

The stuff that you have to pay for is stuff that you would be forced to get a lawyer for no matter what so 25% off is better than nothing. It covers most of what everyone will run into in their daily lives.

--------------------
aka NHMI

Offlinerizingfire
Mycoticus psychoticus
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #7923234 - 01/24/08 07:14 AM (16 years, 2 months ago)

It is 70 hrs of trial time where I am. 70 hrs you can pull enough continuances til next year when you get 130 hrs. I threatened a creditor with that who tried to collect $200 I owe bank of America and he changed his tune about suing me lol
I love my provider firm, they got back to me right away when I called too. That is why the bar association supports us. We level the playing field for the 80% of America that can't afford counsel every time they are taken advantage of, etc

PPD on NYSE

--------------------
aka NHMI

OfflineCubie
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Down the rabbit hole...
    #7923292 - 01/24/08 07:53 AM (16 years, 2 months ago)

I wanna start a headshop with spores and mushroom stuff too.

Offlinerizingfire
Mycoticus psychoticus
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Anyone care to collaborate on a business opportunity? [Re: Cubie]
    #7923312 - 01/24/08 08:02 AM (16 years, 2 months ago)

That's a good idea Cubie, just be aware of the initial overhead and advertising costs. Shroomery is a great place to start because there are so many members who would be interested. You could start with a classified ad and then run some banners. For a board of this size I would say Ythan is pretty generous on his rates.IMO

--------------------
aka NHMI

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract