Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinerexmundi
Stranger

bad luck with colonizing
    #7901972 - 01/19/08 02:20 PM (16 years, 2 months ago)

Ok so a while ago a whipped a a batch of BRF jars and the colonization stalled.  I posted on here and figured out that my substrate was way too wet.  I tried salvaging the mycelium that did colonize but it didn't work.

Anyway, so I mixed up my next batch being VERY careful not to put into too much water.  I stuck with about 2 parts vermiculite and 1 part BRF and 1 part water.  Put them in the incubator and waited.  These ones haven't colonized at all.  I think the incubator may have gotten too hot after a while, but I don't understand what's going on.  It wasn't too hot to begin with, and before temperature became an issue, colonizing wasn't happening.

Both these batches were done using the same LC.  I know it is sound because I had some mycelial growth that last batch.

This is unfortunate, I've done two successful grows before this, but for some reason I am unable to repeat my initial successes.  I've still got a bunch of substrate so I'm going to keep trying, but maybe I'll try the popcorn or birdseed teks at the same time, to see if I have any success there.  I am using 1 pint jars for the record.

Does anyone have any thoughts/advice about this?  Have I answered my own questions or what am I doing wrong?  I'm confused:confused:

--------------------
"I Love Democracy"
-Emporer Palpatine

Fuck the system.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineBlargIAmDead
Shroom Samurai
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: bad luck with colonizing [Re: rexmundi]
    #7902007 - 01/19/08 02:28 PM (16 years, 2 months ago)

Could be many things I'll list a few: you contaminated your LC and it's not longer good, you need to be more patient and wait longer for mycelial growth, you had very good luck on the first two grows and bad luck on this one (this is my favorite:)), your substrate is too dry (although if you did do 2:1:1 ratios it should be fine), you're messing with your jars too much, your incubator is too hot (drop it like a sack of dead cats and just incubate at room temp or get a small heater/fan and put it in a closet or above your fridge).

Invisiblethedefone
deus ex machina

Loc: Gondwana
Re: bad luck with colonizing [Re: BlargIAmDead]
    #7902106 - 01/19/08 02:56 PM (16 years, 2 months ago)

A good tip for getting your moisture right in PFTek jars is that if you scoop away the mixture and there is standing water in the bottom of your bowl, then add more verm and BRF until it goes away. Also, is that a multispore LC? And, were either of your successful grows inoculated using this LC?

I will always take the chance to tell someone to step up to grains. Apart from needing to case/spawn to get fruits, and needing a PC to sterilize, grains rule. They rule anyway, but...

--------------------

I am become death, the destroyer of worlds.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags