Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinepashroomer_27
pashroomer
Male
got my first guidebook
    #7880991 - 01/14/08 11:08 PM (16 years, 2 months ago)

Hey guys I got my first guidebook in the mail today. It's not the best one but good to start with and I plan on buying 5 others because I read that the more guide books you have the better. Now all I have to do is wait until mushrooms grow and it's pretty cold here. I wonder why people think that eating wild edible mushrooms is so dangerous. I read that there aren't actually that many deadly mushrooms and not many people die of mushroom poisoning. I think that if you only ate it if you were a hundred percent ceartain it wasn't poisonous that you'd be fine. I couldn't even convince my mom that a shitake mushroom log that grows mushrooms is safe, she said how do you know it'll grow shitake mushrooms. I think that a lot of people don't know much about mushrooms.
Later

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineBoulderBoomer
Super Tramp
Male

Loc: Kanchanaburi Province, Th... Flag
Re: got my first guidebook [Re: pashroomer_27]
    #7881384 - 01/15/08 12:48 AM (16 years, 2 months ago)

Yeah its called fungiphobia. I'm not sure if it's genetic or just societal, but seems like most westerners are terrified of mushrooms that aren't found at a grocery store. I'm fighting a battle with my own family trying to convince them to eat the mushrooms I find in their area, and slowly but surely I'm opening their eyes.

Deadly poisoning seems very unlikely if you know what you're doing and treat mushrooms with respect. I just stay away from Agaricus species for now, as they can look similar to some toxic Amanitas. Good luck in your hunting, and don't get cocky.

--------------------
"We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams."
  -Willy Wonka

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies