Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomCube.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Invisiblegettinjiggywithit
jiggy
Female User Gallery

Loc: Heart of Laughter
While we are holding candidates up to racist, religious bigot charges......
    #7860988 - 01/10/08 06:44 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

One of Rudy's campaign managers said that Muslims need to be chased back into caves or gotten rid of. Rudy never apologized for those comments. My neighbor is a Muslin woman who grew up in Iraq. Shes American Awesome, a great neighbor, good person and good friend. Rudy's campaign wants to get rid of her because of her religious beliefs?:confused:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eu_79X9HTPQ 

McCain, feels the best way to insult his captors, people he hates, is to call them Gooks, slang for Asians. No apology from him for it. Some of my best friends in HS were Asian and they were very generous and good human beings. His comments are offensive.

http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/opinion/hongop.shtml

Why aren't they being grilled hard for this, again and again and again.

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

Loc: Fractallife's gym
Re: While we are holding candidates up to racist, religious bigot charges...... [Re: gettinjiggywithit]
    #7861152 - 01/10/08 07:21 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

I had no problem with the Rudy guy, muslim nutlogs need to be kept in the caves, and I have no problem with McCain referring to the people who tortured him for seven years as gooks either

--------------------

Invisiblebuckwheat
Cynically Insane

Loc: Not Enough Characters to ...
Re: While we are holding candidates up to racist, religious bigot charges...... [Re: gettinjiggywithit]
    #7861502 - 01/10/08 08:33 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

Hilary is supposedly fond of the term "fucking jew"

she can even get away with jew hating.:foreheadslap:

http://www.hillaryproject.com/index.php?/wiki/Hillarys_Foul_Mouth/

Invisiblevampirism
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Re: While we are holding candidates up to racist, religious bigot charges...... [Re: zappaisgod]
    #7862161 - 01/10/08 10:03 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

Huckabee compared homosexuality to pedophilia and necrophilia in a 1998 book ( in 1992 when it was known AIDS was not transmitted through saliva, he recommended quarantining AIDS patients ).

Romney refuses to have any muslims in his cabinet and said that they're all radicals. It shocked his local Republican officials..

OfflineSneezingPenis
ACHOOOOOOOOO!!!!!111!
 User Gallery
Re: While we are holding candidates up to racist, religious bigot charges...... [Re: vampirism]
    #7862795 - 01/10/08 11:44 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

yeah, but these guys actually said all this stuff. and it is about ethnic people who dont really have a big voter turnout.
Ron Paul is an obvious racist because someone published controversial, racially charged statments in his newsletter.
I mean, it is obvious who the racist person is here... Ron Paul... the one that never wrote or said anything racist.

seriously people.... keep pissing of the paulites... we are the fucking pulse of the internet and we arent afraid to fight fire that someone else wrote in fires name, with fire.

jiggy
Female User Gallery

Re: While we are holding candidates up to racist, religious bigot charges...... [Re: SneezingPenis]
    #7862985 - 01/11/08 12:20 AM (16 years, 3 months ago)

A paulite did some research on the internet to help clear this up and found this. He'd make a good investigator.

Quote:

The "writer" of the racist newslettes writes "I bought my first copy of the men's fashion magazine GQ..."
http://www.tnr.com/downloads/March1990.pdf

But in a conversation written in an article by the New York Times from this summer, Paul has no idea what that magazine is.

"“GQ wants to profile you on Thursday,” Benton continues. “I think it’s worth doing.”

“GTU?” the candidate replies.

“GQ. It’s a men’s magazine.”

“Don’t know much about that,” Paul says. "
http://www.nytimes.com/2007/07/22/ma.../22Paul-t.html

Hopefully my quick google search can clear up some misconceptions people have about Paul.

The idea of Paul buying a GQ is pretty freaking funny. He doesn't even know the names of the American Idol judges and he wears black sneakers with off the rack suits.

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

OfflineSeussA
Error: divide byzero

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Caribbean
    #7863611 - 01/11/08 04:31 AM (16 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

McCain, feels the best way to insult his captors, people he hates, is to call them Gooks, slang for Asians. No apology from him for it.

In all fairness, if anybody deserves the right to refer to Asians using a slang, it would be McCain. Being tortured tends to leave one a bit... broken. Of course, this is one of my big concerns should McCain become president. Just how broken is he?

--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

OfflineRedstorm
Prince of Bugs
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Re: While we are holding candidates up to racist, religious bigot charges...... [Re: Seuss]
    #7863651 - 01/11/08 05:17 AM (16 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

seriously people.... keep pissing of the paulites... we are the fucking pulse of the internet and we arent afraid to fight fire that someone else wrote in fires name, with fire.

It's too bad you guys aren't the pulse of the election counts.

InvisibleDiploidM
Cuban

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Rabbit Hole
    #7863748 - 01/11/08 06:23 AM (16 years, 3 months ago)

wants to get rid of her because of her religious beliefs?

I think the reality is more subtle than this.

I don't have beef with Muslims because of their beliefs. If my Muslim neighbors wants to waste 3 hours praying five time times a day and another 3 reading the Koran, more power to them.

But when I see my neighbor not out in the streets screaming outrage at Muslims crashing planes into towers, then yeah, I start to dislike them a bit as a group.

It's not their beliefs that bug me personally. It's the nearly-complete lack of outrage among "moderate" Muslims when atrocities like these take place.

This goes again for the fatwa (call for death) on writer Salmon Rushdie. And for cartoonists from Denmark, and shit, even the pope's death has been called for by these people.

Your neighbor doesn't have to be involved to be complicit. If she's not vocally outraged by these things, she's as bad as the rest of them, IMO, and I too want to "get rid of her".

If she WAS outraged, then she's in the minority. I don't see any Muslims marching in Saudi Arabia demanding that violent Muslims stop.

What I DO see is Muslim racism, intolerance, and xenophobia as illustrated by this quote spoken by a "moderate" Muslim:

Those who stay in America should be open to society without melting, keeping Mosques open so anyone can come and learn about Islam. If you choose to live here, you have a responsibility to deliver the message of Islam ... Islam isn't in America to be equal to any other faiths, but to become dominant. The Koran, the Muslim book of scripture, should be the highest authority in America, and Islam the only accepted religion on Earth. - Omar Ahmad Co-founder of the Council on American-Islamic Relations

--------------------
Republican Values:

1) You can't get married to your spouse who is the same sex as you.
2) You can't have an abortion no matter how much you don't want a child.
3) You can't have a certain plant in your possession or you'll get locked up with a rapist and a murderer.

4) We need a smaller, less-intrusive government.

Offlineunbeliever
Yo Daddy!
 User Gallery

Loc: Gallifrey
    #7863801 - 01/11/08 06:46 AM (16 years, 3 months ago)

I'm a huge bigot. My target for disdain, abuse and anger? Politicians. There. I admitted it. I'm a politicist. Fuck all you politicians, fucking POLLIES. GO HOME YOU FUCKIN POLLIES!!!

--------------------
Happiness is a warm gun...

InvisibleDieCommie

Re: While we are holding candidates up to racist, religious bigot charges...... [Re: Diploid]
    #7864079 - 01/11/08 09:24 AM (16 years, 3 months ago)

Edited by DieCommie (11/15/16 10:16 AM)

jiggy
Female User Gallery

Re: While we are holding candidates up to racist, religious bigot charges...... [Re: Diploid]
    #7864576 - 01/11/08 11:29 AM (16 years, 3 months ago)

I understand where you are coming from Diploid.

Consider the flip side. How many muslims here and over seas, see Americans cheering for war and bombing on their homelands?

How many Americans openly, and publically speak out against radical Christian extremists raising holy crusades on Islam, just like you want to see the moderate muslims do against Al Queda?

It's a two sided coin.

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

InvisibleDieCommie

#7864641 - 01/11/08 11:43 AM (16 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Consider the flip side. How many muslims here and over seas, see Americans cheering for war and bombing on their homelands?

How many Americans openly, and publically speak out against radical Christian extremists raising holy crusades on Islam, just like you want to see the moderate muslims do against Al Queda?

Dude, there are tons of anti-war, anti-bombing rallies all over the country. Where have you been?

And I dont know what the crusades have to do with it... Somehow European's invasion of Jerusalem a thousand years ago is relevant in the modern apathy of muslims in america? That doesnt make sense to me, but still.... If you watch a documentary on the crusades, or learn about it in school it always speaks negativly of the european christians and positively of saladin and the arab muslims.

jiggy
Female User Gallery

Re: While we are holding candidates up to racist, religious bigot charges...... [Re: DieCommie]
    #7864715 - 01/11/08 12:03 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

The crusades have to do with Georges slip of the tongue after 9/11.

Did you forget that faux pas of his?

My point is that we , as they do, have those that publically rally to wage war and bombing on them and they see that as well and probaly don't like it anymore then we like displays of those over there that support Al Queda.

When, our media occasionally shows the anti- war /peace rally's they also paint them in a negative, anti- american light. Fox even called one group of pro peace in the middle east people rallying, a bunch of crazies. Though some moderate muslims do get to see those Americans rallying for Peace, they also see the American media shaming them for it. Of course that will stir up some hatred in the moderates over there towards our "establishment" and antogonist americans.

Both sides provoke and antogonize and we won't have peace and sanity until they both stop it.

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

Loc: Fractallife's gym
Re: While we are holding candidates up to racist, religious bigot charges...... [Re: SneezingPenis]
    #7864859 - 01/11/08 12:38 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

YawningAnus said:

:rofl2::rofl::cuckoo::rolleyes:

--------------------

Offlinekotik
fuckingsuperhero
 User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Re: While we are holding candidates up to racist, religious bigot charges...... [Re: DieCommie]
    #7865782 - 01/11/08 04:28 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Diploid said:
when I see my neighbor not out in the streets screaming outrage at Muslims crashing planes into towers, then yeah, I start to dislike them a bit as a group.

seriously? what are they supposed to do, call the terrorist hotline and complain? Go on national TV and speak on behalf of terrorists everywhere?

if that's the case, then all christians should apologize for all the catholic pedophiles and extremists as well.

--------------------
No statements made in any post or message by myself should be construed to mean that I am now, or have ever been, participating in or considering participation in any activities in violation of any local, state, or federal laws. All posts are works of fiction.

OfflineRedstorm
Prince of Bugs
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Re: While we are holding candidates up to racist, religious bigot charges...... [Re: kotik]
    #7865854 - 01/11/08 04:42 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

But when I see my neighbor not out in the streets screaming outrage at Muslims crashing planes into towers, then yeah, I start to dislike them a bit as a group.

Big fucking deal. I've never been out in the streets screaming outrage about the attacks and I doubt you have either.

InvisibleDieCommie

Re: While we are holding candidates up to racist, religious bigot charges...... [Re: Redstorm]
    #7866015 - 01/11/08 05:12 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

I would think that the american version of "out in the streets screaming out rage" would be in venues such as TV, internet, print and they would be community leaders, religious organizations, and various politically minded groups. What they do now is come out and say of course they condone and then they get defensive and dive into a laundry list of complaints and reasons why its not their fault. The blame needs to be caste on the political and religious leadership in the middle east. That is what is causing the problem, that is what is causing conflict on nearly every continent.

OfflineTheCow
Stranger

#7866060 - 01/11/08 05:21 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

I dont buy that McCain has a right to call them gooks. There is a huge double standard here, the Germans killed most of my extended family in world war two, yet the ones that survived never constantly referred to the Germans as racist names. Why? Because they are just Europeans, however its OK to call the asians Gooks.

Similar example of this: Most people refer to us going to war with the Japs in World War Two, and the Nazi's in World War two. Most people will say we fought the nazi's, not the germans. Just an innocent seeming difference, but shows a lot about how we view different people. The germans werent responsible, the nazi's were.

OfflineTheCow
Stranger

#7866095 - 01/11/08 05:27 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Diploid said:
I don't have beef with Muslims because of their beliefs. If my Muslim neighbors wants to waste 3 hours praying five time times a day and another 3 reading the Koran, more power to them.

It's not their beliefs that bug me personally. It's the nearly-complete lack of outrage among "moderate" Muslims when atrocities like these take place.

Your mistake is that you assume that members of the religion owe YOU something or anyone else, and thus 'need' to vilify other people that are a part of their religion.
Aren't you against the war or the Bush administration? You realize that people in Europe are outraged by what America is doing? Can I please have the weekly meeting or address of your vocal outrage group against the war or the administration? By your logic you are as bad as the people supporting the war. Your argument can be applied to a multitude of situations. For some reason you need to feel satiated that members of a religion are constantly rallying against the extremists.

They are just people trying to enjoy their life, they have no more responsibility to rally against the extremists then you do. You might argue that they should proclaim that radicalism isn't part of their religion, but why is that responsibility forced upon them? Read their bible, learn the history and you will see that it is not part of their religion. Your shortcoming has nothing to do with them

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder