Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflinePirogiKing
The Pirogi King!
Loc: Ontario, Canada
My first attempt at growing mushrooms...
    #785989 - 07/30/02 09:03 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

...and my first post here at the Shroomery. Anyhow - Wednesday July 23, 2002 I made my first cake, a 1/2-pint jar with brown rice flower and vermiculite. I boiled it in a large pot for just over an hour and then I let it cool. Afterwards, I innoculated the jar with just under one cubic centimeter of Puerto Rican spore solution.

Originally, I planned to keep the jar in my room because my Athlon rig provides my room with enough heat to keep the jar at 80?F that is required for the mycelium to spread throughout the jar. Well, shit happened in my house and my parents started to search my room. Afraid that they were going to throw the jar out, I quickly hid it in the basement.

So, I checked it Tuesday July 29, 2002 sometime in the a.m. to see if any mycelium had spread. It hadn't. I thought, "What the fuck?" Then I realized that the thermometer in my basement, on average, read between 65?-72?F - about 10? cooler than the recommended incubation temperature! So, since everything in my house settled down, I brought the jar back up to my room, open up my computer and place the jar in there.

This morning I wake up, and boom! White mycelium had spread through an area about the size of a Canadian one dollar coin. Great! So I put the jar back into my computer before I left for work. I come home, and what do I see? More mycelium had spread through the jar, again about the size of a one dollar coin! Originally, because of slow mycelium growth, I thought I had injected spore solution into the jar too early after boiling and that the temperature of the jar had killed the spores. I'm glad that didn't happen.

Anyways, I'm just happy that everything is working out alright since it's my first attempt at growing shrooms. I don't have a camera to take pictures, but if I acquire one I'll add photos to this cultivation "log". I've been reading these forums for quite some time now and I just want to thank everybody for their great information and beautiful pictures! I will continue to update this post throughout different times of the growth process.

Thanks greatly to all the veterans, and good luck to all those newbies out there who are in my shoes as well!

--------------------
-------------------------
God has no place in school just like fact has no place in religion.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineMr_Puke
Suicidal Failure

Re: My first attempt at growing mushrooms... [Re: PirogiKing]
    #786169 - 07/30/02 10:26 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

Dont stress it. It will grow, give it time. Just put them somewhere and forget about them for a month. Then when you come to your sense's and acutally remember you made jars and remember where you had places them you will be more then happy to see the progress that happend. Atleast thats what i do

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale