Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineChemy
Jesus is Lord

Loc: A Church
Polypore ID request *DELETED*
    #7858306 - 01/10/08 09:19 AM (16 years, 2 months ago)

Post deleted by Chemy

Reason for deletion: If you are sure you want to do this, click the button below. Yes, I want to delete this post.

--------------------
Alcoholics Anonymous

Narcotics Anonymous

Get help, help is free and available 24/7/365.

God bless you all and I hope you receive the help you need to turn away from your lives of sin.

Mushrooms and drugs make you gay, you can reverse this homosexual condition with rehab, get help! Stop being gay!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblecactu
culture and magic
Male

Loc: mexicoelcentrodelconocimi...
Trusted Identifier
Re: Polypore ID request [Re: Chemy]
    #7858839 - 01/10/08 11:24 AM (16 years, 2 months ago)

i guees species number 1 is Daedaleopsis confragosa
and the last one maybe fomitopsis
but i stil not sure , will look for more. can you provide more picture of the last speciemn how it was standing and picture of the cap surface and can you use koh,can help a lot
well all my best, habitad will be great, and acacia plant ok let me see.

--------------------

cuando una rafaga del pensamiento nos pasa  al lado se puede sentir  que valio  la pena  haber vivido, y cuando ese pensamiento se  convierte en sueño no paramos de soñar hasta realizarlo

OfflineChemy
Jesus is Lord

Re: Polypore ID request *DELETED* [Re: cactu]
    #7859156 - 01/10/08 12:20 PM (16 years, 2 months ago)

Post deleted by Chemy

Reason for deletion: If you are sure you want to do this, click the button below. Yes, I want to delete this post.

--------------------
Alcoholics Anonymous

Narcotics Anonymous

God bless you all and I hope you receive the help you need to turn away from your lives of sin.

Mushrooms and drugs make you gay, you can reverse this homosexual condition with rehab, get help! Stop being gay!

Invisiblelandsnorkler

Loc: Montana
Trusted Identifier
    #7859339 - 01/10/08 01:00 PM (16 years, 2 months ago)

>buttoderma
I can't really help with an id on these, and of course cactu beat me to it anyway. But, don't you just love a nice tanned ass like that?

--------------------

Invisiblecactu
culture and magic
Male

Trusted Identifier
Re: Polypore ID request [Re: landsnorkler]
    #7859345 - 01/10/08 01:02 PM (16 years, 2 months ago)

tan ass rules .
please mi friend take good close up of the pores of all of then and the surfase of the cap ,please.

--------------------

cuando una rafaga del pensamiento nos pasa  al lado se puede sentir  que valio  la pena  haber vivido, y cuando ese pensamiento se  convierte en sueño no paramos de soñar hasta realizarlo

Invisiblelandsnorkler

Loc: Montana
Trusted Identifier
Re: Polypore ID request [Re: cactu]
    #7859371 - 01/10/08 01:06 PM (16 years, 2 months ago)

yes, pores and surfaces are nice too.

--------------------

OfflineChemy
Jesus is Lord

Re: Polypore ID request *DELETED* [Re: landsnorkler]
    #7859543 - 01/10/08 01:37 PM (16 years, 2 months ago)

Post deleted by Chemy

--------------------
Alcoholics Anonymous

Narcotics Anonymous

Edited by Chemy (01/10/08 01:50 PM)

Invisiblecactu
culture and magic
Male

Trusted Identifier
    #7859784 - 01/10/08 02:17 PM (16 years, 2 months ago)

well after i recheck look like i may be right , but is dificult to id poliporus and online worst , i guees your especimen is old and already producing spores , in young stages if you can find the pores are whithe then a bit pink and finally brown , the edge of the cap or pores is white and up lifht in youg specimen and brown and curl down in old as you have , some of your especimen are decaying ,
another thing you can do it to open in two to see the flesh is white and then fade to pinkish to brownish; very tough.
but if the mushrrooms are to old will look more brown the flesh .
in fact the difent tipe of pores as the one in this picture
may inicate the variability in pores of this specie.
another thing you can do it to separate all the specimens from the wood and look for The fungus produces "a white delignifying decay of the sapwood" (Overholts, p. 122); see the illustration to the right. In some types of host wood the rot is "associated with the formation of black lines in the decayed wood."
The first is the "classic" version, with a zoned, brown cap. It grows on a variety of hardwoods, but seems to have a particular taste for the wood of dying Flowering Dogwood trees (Cornus florida you seem to have the classic version
the zonate color and hairy surface may indicate the right path too
well all my best.a here http://www.mushroomexpert.com/daedaleopsis_confragosa.html

--------------------

OfflineChemy
Jesus is Lord

#7859898 - 01/10/08 02:36 PM (16 years, 2 months ago)

Post deleted by Chemy

--------------------
Alcoholics Anonymous

Narcotics Anonymous

Invisiblecactu
culture and magic
Male

Trusted Identifier
    #7859933 - 01/10/08 02:42 PM (16 years, 2 months ago)

if you plant to cultivate this specie you have to be carefull with your trees around since can behave as a parasite and kill many trees around ,if you like to cultivate the  easy way try to atach  the log  or stick  to a dead  tree  or a log  or a tree that was cut  attached with  wire and  if is a shadow location  better and you have to water as a plant or better as a mushroom . :wink:
then  the log will infest the other trunk  and will fruit in year from there.
all my best.

--------------------

OfflineAlan RockefellerM
Mycologist
Male User Gallery

Trusted Identifier
Re: Polypore ID request [Re: cactu]
    #7859943 - 01/10/08 02:44 PM (16 years, 2 months ago)

> if you like to cultivate the easy way try to atach the log or stick to a dead tree or a log or a tree that was cut attached with wire

Haha good idea.

Invisiblecactu
culture and magic
Male

Trusted Identifier
Re: Polypore ID request [Re: Alan Rockefeller]
    #7860036 - 01/10/08 03:02 PM (16 years, 2 months ago)

:rofl:
nice picture  haha  is that your squirrel ,
o that not and acacia tree but is a leguminosae  it comes from africa , in mexico is call tabachin, the scientific name caesalpinia pulcherrima, i see some ficus  sp  of tree too,  nice tropical enviroment

--------------------

OfflineChemy
Jesus is Lord

#7860114 - 01/10/08 03:17 PM (16 years, 2 months ago)

Post deleted by Chemy

--------------------
Alcoholics Anonymous

Narcotics Anonymous

Invisiblecactu
culture and magic
Male

Trusted Identifier
    #7860303 - 01/10/08 03:59 PM (16 years, 2 months ago)

beutifull you are like me ,
here is also use in medicine , folk medicine to trad cought
and the legumenes are use to make music, for chaman and many people, the beutifull flowers of this tree atrack hummind bird , bees and women i know you will find one or 2 pictures of a beutifull hawiaan girl with one flower in the ear.
there is also the yellow version of flower but you will find the red with yellow version is more coomon

all my best ,all the leguminoses are real good to produce nitrogen and fixed in the soil,
also grow very fast ,

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags