Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleTheGreenRanger
The Power RangerEveryone WantedTo Be
Male

Loc: United States
LC Exploded With Growth!
    #7855893 - 01/09/08 08:17 PM (16 years, 2 months ago)

Ok so for about the past week or so the LC I made with the Karo Tek has shown little signs of growth. There was a few strands of mycelium in there after about 2 days since innoc but no other growth for about a week. I forgot to check it yesterday and decided maybe just to take one more look at it before I decided to call it a failed attempt and start over.

Well I took the jar out and made a quick glance at it... and BOOM! I saw a large piece mycelium growth about 2/3 the size of the 1g ipod nano. (it was the first thing I saw to compare it to xD) This was very exciting to me as it was the 1st definitive sign that I was doing everything right. (heh I know I am a noob at growing)

I am sure this is mycelium growth at an exponential rate rather than a contam as the 3+ months of research of mycology prior to growing has taught me at least the difference between myc and contams. =)

My only question is, what is the optimal size for letting the myc grow before taking a syringe of it? Is it harmful to do so when it is this size? (2/3 of 1g ipod nano =D ) Thanks for all your help!

--------------------
"If you compare yourself with others, you may become vain and bitter; for always there will be greater and lesser persons than yourself."
~Max Ehrmann, Desiderata

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineNibin
Getting there
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: LC Exploded With Growth! [Re: TheGreenRanger]
    #7855909 - 01/09/08 08:21 PM (16 years, 2 months ago)

Without a microscope you won't be able to tell if that mycelium is a contam or not.

Do a test jar first if you want to make sure.

--------------------
Newcomers guide-----> For all things shroomy

InvisibleTheGreenRanger
The Power RangerEveryone WantedTo Be
Male

Loc: United States
Re: LC Exploded With Growth! [Re: Nibin]
    #7855960 - 01/09/08 08:33 PM (16 years, 2 months ago)

Hmm. I guess that's right, as looks alone can be decieving. >.<

I guess I should have rephrased to, "It looks not to a contam as it is very fluffy and stringy white material suspended in the liquid, but it could also be a contam."

Thanks for letting me know though as I believe my excitment may have gotten the better of me. :S I'll knock up a test jar to test whether it is myc or contam. Heh good thing you reminded me to test it out, I probably would have knocked up all my jars only to find out their all contaminated, hehe. Oh well, I suppose we learn from our mistakes!

Thanks for your help!

--------------------
"If you compare yourself with others, you may become vain and bitter; for always there will be greater and lesser persons than yourself."
~Max Ehrmann, Desiderata

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures