Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineGoneB1
Feel Like AStranger

slow pinning/fruiting (pics) suggestions?
    #7846821 - 01/08/08 03:49 AM (16 years, 2 months ago)

hey folks, so in the first pic....the top 4 cakes in the pic were put in my FC Dec25...this is what I have today Jan08. 3 out of the 4 are pinning. This is the second time i've done the PK Tek, but it seems this time my friends are taking a long time to pin and (when they pin)a long time to fruit.

My whole setup is in my basement and is fairly cold for the winter, but i use a spaceheater for the FC, connected to an ultrasonic. humidity stays around 91% and temp around 71-75%.

I drilled a hole as you can see in the lower left hand corner to empty standing water, and i also fan about 3 times a day.

I'm just wondering if this pinning/fruiting timeframe is normal. The first time i did PF Tek, i had my whole setup in a closet, and when i birthed, pinning and fruiting occured in less than week.

Now, with the same setup i used before, it's taking me longer.

*I wonder if this is because the temp and humidity in my basement is cooler, even despite the temp and humidity in my FC, than the temp/humidity i had in my closet during my prior experience?

Any suggestions would be grate, thanks!

*So the first pic is my whole FC
*second pic is the one cake with the most progress
*third is my whole setup

Edited by GoneB1 (01/08/08 04:40 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineveda_sticks
Cultivator
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: UK Flag
Re: slow pinning/fruiting (pics) suggestions? [Re: GoneB1]
    #7846825 - 01/08/08 03:56 AM (16 years, 2 months ago)

Upload your pictures to the shroomery and use there links, alot of people wont click on external links.

Lower temps will will slow growth down, however 71-75F is not that cold

Humidity is too low, you will want to get it to 95% for cakes, low humidity can also cause slow growth. Also a dry substrate will cause slow growth.

Your using a space heater to raise the temps, is that to heat the room or is it close to the FC heating the fc itself, this is bad for humidity.

--------------------

PF TEK - writeup by EvilMushroom666
Lets Grow Mushrooms - RogerRabbit & RoadKills website with sample videos plus the full PF TEK video series. Alot of great information - BUY THE DVD
Cakes can and will pin! - So you think cakes suck for pins. Your wrong
Franks Simple Coir/Verm Tek
Franks Proper Pasturisation Tek
Franks Spawning To Bulk - Monotub
Professor Pinheads RTV Injection Port Tek
Foo Mans No Soak WBS Prep Tek

OfflineGoneB1
Feel Like AStranger

Re: slow pinning/fruiting (pics) suggestions? [Re: veda_sticks]
    #7846859 - 01/08/08 04:48 AM (16 years, 2 months ago)

OK, i wasn't sure if the fluctuations between 90-92% was close enough for humidity, i could plug my drain hole to see if that makes a difference. The reason i had the hole there was for water drain and for gas exchange.

i added perlite just a couple days ago and really noticed a better effect in pinning/fruiting but still not optimum.

And also, yes, i'm using my space heater to heat the FC because the (large) basement is very cold.

Would using a heating pad underneath the FC make a difference or would it have the same effect(lowering the humidity)?

Thanks veda!

PS- just embedded my pics, thanks!

OfflineGoneB1
Feel Like AStranger

#7846866 - 01/08/08 04:59 AM (16 years, 2 months ago)

allright, so i'm gonna plug the drain hole, increase temp from space heater (although i maybe know thats not a good thing), but i'm hoping from pluggin the hole and increasing the output from my humidifier it'll either equal itself out or even better increase humidity(??)

eh...we'll see tomorrow :smile:

Invisible04281969
Hobbyist
Male User Gallery

#7847043 - 01/08/08 08:13 AM (16 years, 2 months ago)

Did you wait some time after total colonization before you birthed them, or just popped them out as soon as they were covered? That can make the difference of a week. Well, not really, but a the difference of a week in the FC vs. sealed in the jar.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix