Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinegreystealth
Corrupt Cop

New setup(comments welcomed)
    #7845937 - 01/07/08 09:38 PM (16 years, 2 months ago)

hey pplz,

Installed my 4-tier greenhouse today, and got an Ultrasonic Vicks coolmist set on the top shelf. I have one of my trays on the shelf directly below.

I currently have the plastic suit zipped down entirely, my question is, should I cut some holes on the walls of the casing to provide air exchange without unzipping the front flapdoor and letting the humidity out?

2nd question- "is mold airborne?"

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleTheShroomJew23
The Chemist
Male

Loc: Temple
Re: New setup(comments welcomed) [Re: greystealth]
    #7846029 - 01/07/08 09:54 PM (16 years, 2 months ago)

I would put the humidifier on the out side and add some tubing to hook it up to the greenhouse and for air exchange u can either hook up an air pump to the thing or manually do it. i suggest the air pump. If your substrate is fully colonized then mold isn't a problem but if your worried then yes mold is airborne and some mold is not just dont worry about it. Spray some Lysol kills 99.9percent of germs.

--------------------

You will be missed

Offlinegreystealth
Corrupt Cop

Re: New setup(comments welcomed) [Re: TheShroomJew23]
    #7846204 - 01/07/08 10:37 PM (16 years, 2 months ago)

Lysol ALSO kills fungi, please be careful with spreading misinformation.

No point worrying about messy tubing when the humidifier works great INSIDE the greenhouse. I'd like some more input though, esp from RR.

--------------------

InvisibleTheShroomJew23
The Chemist
Male

Re: New setup(comments welcomed) [Re: greystealth]
    #7850843 - 01/08/08 10:05 PM (16 years, 2 months ago)

I was suggesting the tubing to save space inside for more mushies. When I mentioned the Lysol I was impling that he sprays it in the room not in the greenhouse.

--------------------

You will be missed

InvisibleKillerPicklez
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Flag
Re: New setup(comments welcomed) [Re: TheShroomJew23]
    #7851011 - 01/08/08 10:30 PM (16 years, 2 months ago)

as long as you can keep your greenhouse from getting too wet, your fine, the problem I had with my ultrasonic is that my greenhouse would get completely soaked and you also have to deal with timers.

You can do an external setup with a Vick's coolmist, but it might be easier for you to just find a good timer and figure out how to use it with your ultrasonic.

I personally perfer the coolmist method because I can run my coolmist 24/7 with no timers and it provides constant FAE. For information about different humidifiers check this out:
http://www.shroomery.org/37/ShroomGods-Humidifier-Tek

Edited by KillerPicklez (01/09/08 12:19 AM)

OfflineP.Menace
Contradicting the Status Quo
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Let Me See Potato Salad!!...
Trusted Cultivator
Re: New setup(comments welcomed) [Re: KillerPicklez]
    #7851610 - 01/09/08 12:14 AM (16 years, 2 months ago)

I have an ultrasonic "penguin" humidifier that I run 24/7. Its adjustable! It is set up externally by way of 7 inch dryer exhaust hose, and a small 80mm CPU fan running at 3 volts instead of 12 volts provides my FAE, a 3 inch tall mushroom shaped hole is cut in the other end of the FC, I have perlite in my FC but its not too saturated as it is only there to sorta catch any condensation that builds up, constant steady 94% Rh

--------------------

http://www.sporeworksgallery.com/Cubensae/Psilocybe_cubensis_Menace

roby000 said: thats true a shotgun is almost like a college degree in a sense that if you show it to the right person at the right time you could make a lot of money.

InvisibleTheShroomJew23
The Chemist
Male

#7851620 - 01/09/08 12:16 AM (16 years, 2 months ago)

Sorry KillerPicklez I only had an ultrasonic for like 2 weeks before the circuit blew and fried it. I had timers and all that shit so I'm not sure why it blew. I use a cool mist and I also mainly use the double tub setup so i avoid humidifiers.

--------------------

You will be missed

InvisibleKillerPicklez
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Flag
Re: New setup(comments welcomed) [Re: P.Menace]
    #7851628 - 01/09/08 12:17 AM (16 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

P.Menace said:
I have an ultrasonic "penguin" humidifier that I run 24/7. Its adjustable! It is set up externally by way of 7 inch dryer exhaust hose, and a small 80mm CPU fan running at 3 volts instead of 12 volts provides my FAE, a 3 inch tall mushroom shaped hole is cut in the other end of the FC, I have perlite in my FC but its not too saturated as it is only there to sorta catch any condensation that builds up, constant steady 94% Rh

oh wow thats really cool. this is the first I have seen an ultrasonic used externally. you learn something new everyday :smile:

Offlinegreystealth
Corrupt Cop

#7851689 - 01/09/08 12:29 AM (16 years, 2 months ago)

Very cool, thing is that I have my gf's relatives visit every few months, so want something that I can tidy up rather quick and store it in my car.

Btw, lost 2 jars to trich, and my B+ syringe was bunk. Pretty discouraged, but anyways-thanks for the input people!

killer picklez- I ran my ultrasonic humidifier the first day for about 45 minutes, my greenhouse also got SOAKED!!!! Now, I only run it for 3-5 minutes and seems to do a good job. Also, kind of a disadvantage that's so silent, I often forget that it's even turned on.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates