Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Boomr Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinearmyabe
Mimic
Male

Loc: Washington state
does feild aged h poo smell like grass and dirt when warmed up?
    #7842629 - 01/07/08 08:25 AM (16 years, 2 months ago)

trying to detrermine if my hpoo is good to go!

--------------------
What if I am wrong, Ive got a condition, I get confused sometimes, what if I have imaged all of this, what if have finally turned into what they've always said I was gonna turn into.... a maniac...... a psycho killer.....Marv Sin City

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineMYSTIQUE
Say Hi to the elves for me.
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Canada
Re: does Field aged h poo smell like grass and dirt when warmed up? [Re: armyabe]
    #7842662 - 01/07/08 08:45 AM (16 years, 2 months ago)

Yes What you want is a Soil smell. Its soil Not dirt lol been bashed into my head so many times first year it still echos.

--------------------
Dont know what the fuck I just said? READ THIS
http://www.shroomery.org/5122/The-Shroomery-Mushroom-Glossary
I ain't a hippy but I'm covered in dirt                         
Sippin lots of mushroom tea in a tye-dye shirt
Chasin' the Grateful Dead, no shoes on my feet
Beggin' in the parking lot for something to eat,

:onfire:DO NOT USE FIRE IN YOUR GLOVE BOX!!!!!!!:onfire:

Offlinearmyabe
Mimic
Male

Loc: Washington state
Re: does Field aged h poo smell like grass and dirt when warmed up? [Re: MYSTIQUE]
    #7842683 - 01/07/08 08:55 AM (16 years, 2 months ago)

i am just really concerned that it is not right cause where it was harvested it was almost sitting in water so i am not sure it is old enough anyone have any tricks to drying or is it not even nessisary? i may end up storing it so just curious

--------------------
What if I am wrong, Ive got a condition, I get confused sometimes, what if I have imaged all of this, what if have finally turned into what they've always said I was gonna turn into.... a maniac...... a psycho killer.....Marv Sin City

OfflineFraggin
Multi-Faceted
 User Gallery

Re: does Field aged h poo smell like grass and dirt when warmed up? [Re: armyabe]
    #7842705 - 01/07/08 09:03 AM (16 years, 2 months ago)

I've gotten fresh poo before. Still warm actually (though that means nothing but healthy fresh poo.) Put it in a big burlap sack, stuck the water hose in the open end, put lashing around the top of the bag tight to hold the water hose in. Turned the water on full blast and laid it in my driveway and mashed the bag good with my feets while water was running through it. Did this for a good 20 minutes in the driveway. Then wrung the water out by twisting the bag. Then laid it out on a shower curtain in my garage and put a fan on it. It dried out in a week. Then, I got it to field capacity and loaded it into turkey pans covered tight with foil and baked it at 150F (yes, yes, I know) for 1.5 hours. Weathered or not, you just don't want an ass load of nitrogen and amonia in your hpoo. Weathered just requires a good soak and pastuerization. Fresh needs a good leaching. If you do leach, I reccomend doing it in an area where the water can run off to benefit something. i.e. flowers, shrubs, trees, etc. The poo water will make plants grow.

OfflineMYSTIQUE
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #7842769 - 01/07/08 09:25 AM (16 years, 2 months ago)

You spread it out on a tarp in your back yard and if it smells like horse or pee you have to water it like once a week. Hope ya got a big back yard.

--------------------

OfflineanarchOi
Ellenalien is fat.
Male User Gallery

Loc: ASE Flag
Re: does Field aged h poo smell like grass and dirt when warmed up? [Re: MYSTIQUE]
    #7842793 - 01/07/08 09:36 AM (16 years, 2 months ago)

cow poo!

you just have to be able to lift 50lbs+ :smile:

--------------------

Offlinemushnoon
MushNoob
Male User Gallery
Re: does Field aged h poo smell like grass and dirt when warmed up? [Re: anarchOi]
    #7842802 - 01/07/08 09:40 AM (16 years, 2 months ago)

im assuming by that you mean you know a source that sells it. want to enlighten me?

--------------------
I love the feeling when it falls apart. Im slow to finish but im quick to start.

OfflineanarchOi
Ellenalien is fat.
Male User Gallery

Re: does Field aged h poo smell like grass and dirt when warmed up? [Re: mushnoon]
    #7842833 - 01/07/08 09:49 AM (16 years, 2 months ago)

wal-mart
home depot
lowes
any store with one of those chain link garden sections

many of them keep the poo in stock even this time of year

generic brands are like 1.35$
i've heard bad things about them though
but if you get Kow it's still under 5$ usually

--------------------

InvisibleBlutjager
Inhuman
Male

Re: does Field aged h poo smell like grass and dirt when warmed up? [Re: Fraggin]
    #7842870 - 01/07/08 09:59 AM (16 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Fraggin said:
I've gotten fresh poo before. Still warm actually (though that means nothing but healthy fresh poo.)  Put it in a big burlap sack, stuck the water hose in the open end, put lashing around the top of the bag tight to hold  the water hose in. Turned the water on full blast and laid it in my driveway and mashed the bag good with my feets while water was running through it. Did this for a good 20 minutes in the driveway. Then wrung the water out by twisting the bag. Then laid it out on a shower curtain in my garage and put a fan on it. It dried out in a week. Then, I got it to field capacity and loaded it into turkey pans covered tight with foil and baked it at 150F (yes, yes, I know) for 1.5 hours. Weathered or not, you just don't want an ass load of nitrogen and amonia in your hpoo. Weathered just requires a good soak and pastuerization. Fresh needs a good leaching. If you do leach, I reccomend doing it in an area where the water can run off to benefit something. i.e. flowers, shrubs, trees, etc. The poo water will make plants grow.

And it is due to this that I have bought every brick of coir ever set on a pet store shelf within a 50 mile radius:yesnod:

OfflineFraggin
Multi-Faceted
 User Gallery

Re: does Field aged h poo smell like grass and dirt when warmed up? [Re: Blutjager]
    #7842879 - 01/07/08 10:02 AM (16 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Blutjager said:
Quote:

Fraggin said:
I've gotten fresh poo before. Still warm actually (though that means nothing but healthy fresh poo.)  Put it in a big burlap sack, stuck the water hose in the open end, put lashing around the top of the bag tight to hold  the water hose in. Turned the water on full blast and laid it in my driveway and mashed the bag good with my feets while water was running through it. Did this for a good 20 minutes in the driveway. Then wrung the water out by twisting the bag. Then laid it out on a shower curtain in my garage and put a fan on it. It dried out in a week. Then, I got it to field capacity and loaded it into turkey pans covered tight with foil and baked it at 150F (yes, yes, I know) for 1.5 hours. Weathered or not, you just don't want an ass load of nitrogen and amonia in your hpoo. Weathered just requires a good soak and pastuerization. Fresh needs a good leaching. If you do leach, I reccomend doing it in an area where the water can run off to benefit something. i.e. flowers, shrubs, trees, etc. The poo water will make plants grow.

And it is due to this that I have bought every brick of coir ever set on a pet store shelf within a 50 mile radius:yesnod:

Coir is great too. Hpoo produces monsters though.

InvisibleBlutjager
Inhuman
Male

Re: does Field aged h poo smell like grass and dirt when warmed up? [Re: Fraggin]
    #7842919 - 01/07/08 10:11 AM (16 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Fraggin said:
Quote:

Blutjager said:
Quote:

Fraggin said:

Yea,I have grown with poo a few times and I will admit that the flushes are nice,I don't have easy access to it and its costly to ship.I'm all about keeping everything as easy as possible so I turned into a coir guy

OfflineFraggin
Multi-Faceted
 User Gallery

Re: does Field aged h poo smell like grass and dirt when warmed up? [Re: Blutjager]
    #7842931 - 01/07/08 10:17 AM (16 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Blutjager said:
Quote:

Fraggin said:
Quote:

Blutjager said:
Quote:

Fraggin said:

Yea,I have grown with poo a few times and I will admit that the flushes are nice,I don't have easy access to it and its costly to ship.I'm all about keeping everything as easy as possible so I turned into a coir guy

I too am becoming a coir guy. Poo is great, but a lot of work.

Coir is great medium for substrate. It's like an affordable car that can easily be modded and upgraded with little investment, yet yield great results. It also works as an excellent sprouting medium.

OfflineanarchOi
Ellenalien is fat.
Male User Gallery

#7842942 - 01/07/08 10:21 AM (16 years, 2 months ago)

Cow poo is poo

and it's not alot of work

i refuse to go coir xD

--------------------

OfflineMYSTIQUE
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: does Field aged h poo smell like grass and dirt when warmed up? [Re: anarchOi]
    #7843053 - 01/07/08 11:00 AM (16 years, 2 months ago)

I get huge blocks of coir for 10 bucks each from a hydroponic store and he throws in bags of verm really cheep.

--------------------

OfflineFraggin
Multi-Faceted
 User Gallery

#7843072 - 01/07/08 11:06 AM (16 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

MYSTIQUE said:
I get huge blocks of coir for 10 bucks each from a hydroponic store and he throws in bags of verm really cheep if I give him head.

Cool.

OfflineNibin
Getting there
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #7843202 - 01/07/08 11:32 AM (16 years, 2 months ago)

I get 50L sacks (13 Gallon) of medium-fine verm for the equivalent of 25 dollars. For the same money I can have 30 bricks of coir or 20 gallons of cow/horse poo composted at an organic farm round the corner.

I love where I live.

--------------------
Newcomers guide-----> For all things shroomy

Invisibletahoe
Noob Slayer
Male User Gallery

Loc: N38.93829W119.98108
Trusted Cultivator
Re: does feild aged h poo smell like grass and dirt when warmed up? [Re: armyabe]
    #7843389 - 01/07/08 12:39 PM (16 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

armyabe said:
trying to detrermine if my hpoo is good to go!

you can not go by smell when its aged. You have to depend on taste.
Good Luck!

--------------------
Stop experimenting half way through your first grow. Grow it to maturity, watch it, learn from it. Do this a few times then experiment with different ideas and figure out what works best for you.

My Legacy
https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/22140987#22140987

Teh=The
I need to proofread

InvisibleRoadkillM
Retired Shroomery Mod
Male User Gallery

Loc: Montana
Trusted Cultivator
Re: does feild aged h poo smell like grass and dirt when warmed up? [Re: armyabe]
    #7843425 - 01/07/08 12:52 PM (16 years, 2 months ago)

it should have a rich earthy smell to it.

tc

--------------------
Laterz, Road

Who the hell you callin crazy?
You wouldn't know what crazy was if Charles Manson was eating froot loops on your front porch!

Brainiac said:
PM the names with on there names, that means they have mushrooms for sale.

OfflineFraggin
Multi-Faceted
 User Gallery

Re: does feild aged h poo smell like grass and dirt when warmed up? [Re: Roadkill]
    #7843761 - 01/07/08 02:23 PM (16 years, 2 months ago)

And it should taste like a mixture of old hay and bitter sweet poop.

InvisibleTomandjerry58
Stranger
Re: does feild aged h poo smell like grass and dirt when warmed up? [Re: Fraggin]
    #7843864 - 01/07/08 02:47 PM (16 years, 2 months ago)

always thought it smelled like brownies.....just for shits and giggles i always thought the black cow poo at lowes with a couple handfulls of straw worked REALLY WELL.... you can basicly get that straw for free too just go out by the trailer they have it in and get the stuff off the ground. if ur afraid just ask them and say you need it for your dog

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore Boomr Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates