Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinesjolive
Stranger
Tripped hard off good marijuana, questions
    #7828393 - 01/03/08 05:08 PM (16 years, 2 months ago)

Hello, first off I'd like to say I've been smoking for about two years and believe I'm pretty experienced with pot. Just recently I picked up some really good weed and had been smoking it for about a week never more than a bowl at a time with a friend.

Last night, however, after smoking a bowl of it, decided to pack a gravity bong and hit the whole bowls worth in one breath. About twenty minutes later while sitting on the couch watching tv I began to trip. I know what tripping is, and was definitely not imagining this. It was about as intense of trip as the time I took an 8th of shrooms.

I started to see patterns everywhere at first, and then extreme open eye visuals started occurring. The tv stood up and grew arms and legs and started to talk to me, and when I looked down a long hallway I would see all sorts of strange shit running down it at me. I couldn't form sentences and time seemed to stand still. The trip lasted a good 2-3 hours and then ended with a very calm high like when I smoke normally.

My question is, can this kind of thing happen just from smoking a lot of really good bud? My friend who also bought the same stuff didn't experience any of this, but then again didn't smoke nearly as much as I did. I also had an empty stomach if that makes a difference, don't know if it does. I don't think it was laced or anything, although I guess I can't really be sure. Thanks for your input.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineshwrestler
Stranger

Re: Tripped hard off good marijuana, questions [Re: sjolive]
    #7828442 - 01/03/08 05:27 PM (16 years, 2 months ago)

did you smoke some pcp boy?? If it was laced chances are your friend wud have expereienced the same thing too and you would have felt that the other times you smoked it

yea many people forget but weed is a psychadelic and has the potential to create visuals never heard a story quite like yours but im not saying it didnt happen.. sounds like a cool expereience

--------------------
no needles, no rocks..i trip

Offlinemarshalldylan1
Stranger

#7828457 - 01/03/08 05:33 PM (16 years, 2 months ago)

Sounds like you just had some really good weed.

Like really good.

No really, that shit must be dank. I want some.

OfflineLSDaytripper
Believer
Male

Loc: Ohio
Re: Tripped hard off good marijuana, questions [Re: shwrestler]
    #7828459 - 01/03/08 05:34 PM (16 years, 2 months ago)

Sounds like you had some good shit. :thumbup:

Yeah, I've had small trips off of weed before. It's never been as intense as shrooms or acid for me, but it definitely qualified as a trip.

--------------------
***** (10:42:46 PM): This is so strange
***** (10:42:53 PM): Becuase I feel that I am very altered
***** (10:42:57 PM): But at the same exact time
***** (10:43:28 PM): I am closer to the real me, the real me who decides who I am, the entire me

Offlinesjolive
Stranger
Re: Tripped hard off good marijuana, questions [Re: LSDaytripper]
    #7828482 - 01/03/08 05:40 PM (16 years, 2 months ago)

Nice, the dude who I bought it from said it was kills, and used the word icky about 3 or 4 times.

Looks like I should get some more :laugh:

Offlinefantastical
Strangler!
    #7828539 - 01/03/08 05:58 PM (16 years, 2 months ago)

Get your buddy to try a stupidly big hit too then u will know for sure. Then if it was super good weed buy lots more and/or grow it!
I have tripped pretty hard on lots of chronic...but never visuals....but i have never had visuals from mushrooms either, so who knows.

OfflineLSDaytripper
Believer
Male

Loc: Ohio
    #7828596 - 01/03/08 06:12 PM (16 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

sjolive said:
Nice, the dude who I bought it from said it was kills, and used the word icky about 3 or 4 times.

Looks like I should get some more :laugh:

:rolleyes:

I hate when people do that. "Yo dawg, this shit is summa dat icky sticky icky icky icky sticky shit!"

I don't care what it's called or how 'icky' it is. As long as it's dank, just give it to me and let me smoke!

--------------------
***** (10:42:46 PM): This is so strange
***** (10:42:53 PM): Becuase I feel that I am very altered
***** (10:42:57 PM): But at the same exact time
***** (10:43:28 PM): I am closer to the real me, the real me who decides who I am, the entire me

OfflineHeadFood
Shroomer
 User Gallery

#7828770 - 01/03/08 06:42 PM (16 years, 2 months ago)

I have had small trips on weed before as well. Nothing like what you say, but one time I did hear some singing for about a half an hour straight.

You must have had some SERIOUS shit!

--------------------
Phi Alpha

OfflineCoaster
Baʿal
Male User Gallery

Loc: Deep in the Valley
Re: Tripped hard off good marijuana, questions [Re: HeadFood]
    #7828850 - 01/03/08 06:53 PM (16 years, 2 months ago)

i dont no if i can belive this
not even 100x salvia does this to me
this is just utterly rediculous
like datura status

--------------------

Offlineimplee
Cyber Hippie
Male User Gallery

Loc: Houston, Texas. Flag
    #7828851 - 01/03/08 06:53 PM (16 years, 2 months ago)

Ive had closed eye visuals (usualy patterns or looping cartoons like a bear walking) and ive had pattern over lays like tons of smilys on a grid (open eyed) its crazy stuff and doesnt happen to often...

Invisibleawesomebastard
Lost
Male User Gallery

Re: Tripped hard off good marijuana, questions [Re: Coaster]
    #7828935 - 01/03/08 07:02 PM (16 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Coaster said:
i dont no if i can belive this
not even 100x salvia does this to me
this is just utterly rediculous
like datura status

indeed this sounds like either some bullshit or maybe you have some sort of mental disorder ive smoked some weed that made me see multicolored circles before but ive never had any inanimate object sprout legs and talk to me, 12+ dramamine is the only thing that ive done that would do this.

--------------------
"Absolute certainty is a privilege of uneducated minds and fanatics." ~ C.J. Keyser

Mr. Cypher said: "I just tell the girls how sexy I am and their panties melt."

Offlinetrippy_hippie
Stranger
Re: Tripped hard off good marijuana, questions [Re: awesomebastard]
    #7829047 - 01/03/08 07:16 PM (16 years, 2 months ago)

wow, this sounds like pretty crazy bud lol.
ive tripped on weed, but never like that. very mild, like the first effects of acid, but it was tripping.

last time it happened was sunday actually. i took one hit of a waterfall bong... packed with MIDS, and i tripped!! it was strange, but one of the best highs ive ever had, especially off mids lol.
i only took that one hit because it was the harshest, most intense hit id ever taken. i nearly threw up.
anyways, i was in my room gazing off into this tie-dye tapestry of a butterfly on my sealing, and the colors became vibrant and even started to vibrate and sway. i just sat there, incredibly filled with ecstasy and wonder at the world around me, and how weed could even do this! lol yep, i was deffinently tripping.

i was so high i even refused a joint my friends were passing. i couldnt believe it, but i was too high to want to get any higher haha. at least off weed.

Offlinetrippy_hippie
Stranger
Re: Tripped hard off good marijuana, questions [Re: implee]
    #7829069 - 01/03/08 07:19 PM (16 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

implee said:
Ive had closed eye visuals (usualy patterns or looping cartoons like a bear walking) and ive had pattern over lays like tons of smilys on a grid (open eyed) its crazy stuff and doesnt happen to often...

i have open eye visuals a lot when im really baked. my friends say they see looping cartoons like you described, but i never have. just intense patters, like some fractal colors or moving lines

Offlineg00ru
lit pants tit licker
Male User Gallery

Loc: georgia, us
Re: Tripped hard off good marijuana, questions [Re: trippy_hippie]
    #7829078 - 01/03/08 07:21 PM (16 years, 2 months ago)

I just can't believe this. One of my adamant beliefs is that as weed is not a tryptamine, it is impossible to trip off of it in the traditional sense. Visuals dont equal tripping imo.

Plus, i'm sorry dude, I just don't believe that the TV grew arms and legs. Marijuana doesn't do that. If you believe it, that's good for you, but you have to understand that I can't believe it unless I had ever experienced something like that myself. And I haven't.

If you really did get those effects, sorry for doubting ya.

--------------------
check out my music!
drowse in prison and your waking will be but loss

Offlineimplee
Cyber Hippie
Male User Gallery

Loc: Houston, Texas. Flag
Re: Tripped hard off good marijuana, questions [Re: g00ru]
    #7829215 - 01/03/08 07:41 PM (16 years, 2 months ago)

Well you have to look at it like this, sometimes people (like me) have the open/closed eye cartoon loop... Now what happend with him (if it really happend) probably was like a vivid open eye visual day dream type of thing (taking what he presently see and turning it into a day dream type of thing which would allow him to change what he sees)

But i mean... If you can trip off lsd, mushrooms, dmt, salvia, and other things even though they are all different trips and have completely different effects, why cant marijuana be considered as tripping? You cant compare mushrooms to salvia you know what i mean?

Edited by implee (01/03/08 07:42 PM)

Offlinekrosmo67
rider
Male User Gallery

Loc: Norcal
Re: Tripped hard off good marijuana, questions [Re: implee]
    #7829452 - 01/03/08 08:32 PM (16 years, 2 months ago)

I've tripped on marijauna before. Only once have I had any visuals (CEV). I was laying on my bed, just after smoking a shitload (and I think a couple weeks before hand tripped on LSD). I was standing infront of a huge mansion in the middle of a forest. I could see my body as if I was really there. It was completely unreal, but one of the most realest things I've experienced.

On the other hand, I have been "mind-fucked", persay, by marijuana at least 3 or 4 times. Where my mind is racing like a madman (maybe I am mad) through the depths of my unconscious like a kid a candy-store, but on crack...not always a great experience.

--------------------
“If you take the game of life seriously, if you take your nervous system seriously, if you take your sense organs seriously, if you take the energy process seriously, you must turn on, tune in, and drop out” - Timothy Leary

"The being of understanding is to not understand" - T.C.

InvisibleSophistic Radiance
Free sVs!
Female

Loc: Center of the Universe
Re: Tripped hard off good marijuana, questions [Re: krosmo67]
    #7829543 - 01/03/08 08:56 PM (16 years, 2 months ago)

Weed is pretty trippy, but I've recently come to the conclusion that the most stoned possible state cannot compare to the reality-bending provided by even a small dose of the classic psychedelics. It can cause a comparable level of introspection at times, but that is quite different from what you describe. Plus, if you were straight-up tripping from smoking weed, it would have peaked WAY before 20 minutes. Maybe five minutes, tops. It's not going through your digestive tract here, just your lungs.

My best guess? Either you psyched yourself out, or you drifted off and had some freaky-deaky dreams without realizing it. The patterns I believe, but the TV thing is just totally un-maryjane. If you slept for a few hours after a monster hit and then woke up, you'd probably still feel pretty stoned. Or, as someone else mentioned, you ate 12+ dramamines before you smoked.

--------------------
Enlil said:
You really are the worst kind of person.

Edited by Tchan909 (01/03/08 09:12 PM)

Offlinesensfan
Stranger
Re: Tripped hard off good marijuana, questions [Re: Sophistic Radiance]
    #7829885 - 01/03/08 10:08 PM (16 years, 2 months ago)

I've had trippy thoughts before off weed too. I never used to believe anybody when they said they had visuals, but ONCE off a blunt for about 5 seconds my depth perception was extremely distorted and things were breathing, I couldn't believe it.

Offlinelearningtofly
Ancient Aliens
Male

Loc: Out of this world
Re: Tripped hard off good marijuana, questions [Re: sensfan]
    #7830087 - 01/03/08 10:45 PM (16 years, 2 months ago)

When you guys say cartoon characters, are these cartoon character OEVs by any chance grey and kinda Disney-ish? If so, I get those before I go to bed sometimes without any drugs at all.

--------------------

Offlineg00ru
lit pants tit licker
Male User Gallery

Loc: georgia, us
Re: Tripped hard off good marijuana, questions [Re: learningtofly]
    #7830154 - 01/03/08 10:57 PM (16 years, 2 months ago)

I get the loopy cartoon things too. They aren't visuals per se, just really really really vivid thoughts.

--------------------
check out my music!
drowse in prison and your waking will be but loss

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies