Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
Invisibleboxtop703
ThesaurusLinguae Graecae
 User Gallery

About Anno deciding for everybody....
    #782344 - 07/28/02 02:16 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

Post deleted by administrator.

Edited by boxtop703 (07/28/02 02:22 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibleluvdemshrooms
Two inch dick..but it spins!?
 User Gallery

Loc: Lost In Space
Re: About Anno deciding for everybody.... [Re: boxtop703]
    #782378 - 07/28/02 02:36 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

It doesn't matter who made the rule. It's "their" site, "they" can make any rules they wish. If you don't wish to abide by their rules, start your own site.

Quite frankly, the line in the sig's to which you refer amounted to unpaid advertising. It should have been stopped long ago.

And how you can compare a rule here at a private site, to attempts to alter the Constitution, is just plain silly.

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

Edited by luvdemshrooms (07/28/02 02:38 PM)

Invisibleboxtop703
ThesaurusLinguae Graecae
 User Gallery

Re: About Anno deciding for everybody.... [Re: luvdemshrooms]
    #782390 - 07/28/02 02:45 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

InvisibleWorld Spirit
PNW
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #782410 - 07/28/02 02:55 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

Deleted by admin

Invisibleboxtop703
ThesaurusLinguae Graecae
 User Gallery

Re: About Anno deciding for everybody.... [Re: World Spirit]
    #782419 - 07/28/02 03:01 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

InvisibleWorld Spirit
PNW
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #782432 - 07/28/02 03:06 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

Deleted by admin

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
 User Gallery

#782448 - 07/28/02 03:13 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

In reply to:

I believe I have a right to express not only my opinion but the opinions of what others have been expressing to me.

Yes you do, no matter how foolish.

And I never said you didn't. You don't have a right to free advertising though, which is what I did say.

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

Invisibleboxtop703
ThesaurusLinguae Graecae
 User Gallery

Re: About Anno deciding for everybody.... [Re: World Spirit]
    #782493 - 07/28/02 03:38 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

OfflineAnnoA
Experimenter
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: my room
    #783726 - 07/29/02 08:52 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

>I love the way he altered the list of rules in the Vendors
>Forum to make it look like Thor made this rule. Thor did not
>make this rule, Anno did.

I?m sorry to take your illusion away, but the rule was there since the Shroomery switched the servers.

I didn?t "invent" it. But I fully support it.

The only thing I did in Thor?s thread was to reorder and rephrase some of the rules. Nothing more. Nothing less.

To quote you:
"That's all I need to say about this issue."

OfflineCrobih
rap-cord
Loc: cave
Re: About Anno deciding for everybody.... [Re: Anno]
    #784147 - 07/29/02 12:28 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

Anno is fair person. HE is one of rare ones, i could put my hand in fire he is not bullshiter.

You, boxtop are vendor. Your first priority is money. If you do not like their policy do not donate them money, so it will maybe change that policy.

But you are not politicaly strong to say other shroomers about rights and freedom. Why? Cause you are the vendor and your deeds are not turned toward fairnes but MONEY. I started to repeat myself .

And do not bs over Anno, he is not deserving that from your side.

InvisibleMushroom_Madness
enthusiast
Loc: Quaint New England Villag...
Re: About Anno deciding for everybody.... [Re: Crobih]
    #784428 - 07/29/02 02:42 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

My problem with this RULE is the following: This is a member driven site. It would not exists if it did not have participating members (members who post, and have links to vendors websites in their signatures). To impose such a dictatorus rule upon the members without taking a vote is unacceptable. How do you think communism began? It started with the government taking away the basic rights of the masses. Dictating their way of life. Now your way of life is being dictated. (And no, I'm not calling Anno a communist) . If you accept not being able to put whatever you want in your signature, then what is next. Not being able to say mushroom in your post; not being able to create your own pass word; not being able to control who reads your PM?s; or the shroomery deciding to sell your email address?

But then again, it?s a private site. So they can do what they want. But Moraly, they have an obligation to take the members opinions in consideration. What are they going to do, Ban EVERYONE who has a link in their signature? ?I DON?T THINK SO?. If they did this, the shroomery wouldn?t exist. It wouldn?t have paying Mycological Liaisons like myself, as well as Paying Vendors to help keep this place running.

Then everyone would be left to try alternative sources for information as well as gamble with ordering from scam artists.

This RULE is a violation of FREE SPEECH, and FREEDOM OF EXPRESSION? Do you get my point?

Edited by Mushroom_Madness (07/30/02 12:03 AM)

Anonymous

#784493 - 07/29/02 03:11 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

boxtop: maybe if you didn't ban people from ordering for arbitrary reasons you'd get that extra income yr looking for.

InvisibleDreaMaTrix
Shaman I am

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Falling into place
Re: About Anno deciding for everybody.... [Re: Mushroom_Madness]
    #784547 - 07/29/02 03:42 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

In reply to:

My problem with this NEWLY INVENTED RULE is the following: This is a member driven site. It would not exists if it did not have participating members (members who post, and have links to vendors websites in their signatures). To impose such a dictatorus rule upon the members without taking a vote is unacceptable. How do you think communism began? It started with the government taking away the basic rights of the masses. Dictating their way of life. Now your way of life is being dictated. (And no, I'm not calling Anno a communist) . If you accept not being able to put whatever you want in your signature, then what is next. Not being able to say mushroom in your post; not being able to create your own pass word; not being able to control who reads your PM?s; or the shroomery deciding to sell your email address?

But then again, it?s a private site. So they can do what they want. But Moraly, they have an obligation to take the members opinions in consideration. What are they going to do, Ban EVERYONE who has a link in their signature? ?I DON?T THINK SO?. If they did this, the shroomery wouldn?t exist.

I don't see any members complaining, just vendors!!

Good luck

--------------------

"We are the one's we have been waiting for" - Hopi saying

OfflineChromeCrow
one ancient mutha
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Hoosier HELL
Re: About Anno deciding for everybody.... [Re: DreaMaTrix]
    #784934 - 07/29/02 06:27 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

your just not looking in the right places i guess
here it is
AND thank you M.M.
i had read the listof rules at least 5 times, when venders kept putting picture/ banner links in their sigs, and everyone was raising hell, i was 100% sure the rule was new, or i would have probablty mentioned it, or removed my link.
and all this fuss.... the only explanations we have got was,
a) because the venders abuse it w/ sig contest
b) this is our site, like it or leave ( which was never actually stated, but it is implied)
c) lets just get rid of the sigs all together, that'll show em
d) and my spelling of here by should be hereby

In reply to:

Anno has expressed that this is the first part of his solution, and after this type of contest has been wiped away from the Shroomery, users will once again be able to put the url of vendors in their sigs again.

ok, it was stated that after you get the sig contests under control, the option to have links will be allowed. hmmmmmmm im not following the logic. if you dont forbid sig contests, and give us our PRIVELAGE back, then there wont be anything to stop the sig contests again.
your all (mods n admins)at least semi-intelligent, some more, some riding the edge on the other side, but all at least semi... you should know you dont cure a cold by treating the cough.
ok, youve listened to me bitch and moan, let me ask you a question
In reply to:

The Shroomery is growing very fast, and we have to take steps to adapt. That's all it is. No alterior motives

In reply to:

This has nothing to do with personal preference and everything to do with improving the community

how in the hell what i have in my link detrimental to the new ones coming in? we get a ton of posts asking, where can i get this, where can i get that. can you imagine with all those posts, how many actually look at the links, and make educated decisions, without ever cluttering up the boards? if ANYTHING links should be encouraged........we're /you're gonna get tired of seeing the "where can i find" posts, and then attitudes will flair, and the flames will begin.... Is this the best thing for the community? is this adepting? sounds more like regression, and probably going to harm the community more than you realize.
JUST THINK......

--------------------
ISO: Orissa, Malabar, z strain

OfflineCubies4Me
Child of theShroom

Loc: Another Realm
    #784996 - 07/29/02 06:53 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

I agree with boxtop just on principal. I want to be able to put anything in my sig as long as it isnt detrimental. but now that it is a controversy the mods and admins cant just reverse it all of a sudden cuz that would be admitting that they took a too drastic approach and all humans have pride so thats not a possibility. However, all the people talking about a revolution more or less, and comparing this to the onset of communism are a little drastic. regardless of whats in peeps sigs i can still get all the info and entertainment i want regarding mushrooms. In conclusion, Anno and thor and all of the peeps in power, i think you are wrong, however I love you guys for all your help and creating one of my favorite sites right behind sublimedirectory, so finally, THE SHROOMERY IS GREAT, THE ADMINS DONT WANT TO DELIBERATELY HURT US, THEY JUST DO WHAT THEY JUDGE BEST AT THE TIME. CANT EVERYBODY JUST GET ALONG?! SERIOUSLY NOW.

~note~if this didnt make sense, sorry, the cheeba gods got me tonight and i am piss tired too.

--------------------
:tongue:
  Livin comfortably numb, always and forever.

OfflineAnnoA
Experimenter
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #785292 - 07/29/02 09:21 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

>From what I can read, Anno did not reorder and rephrase some of the rules He invented new ones

I have the impression I am the only one who can read:

New Rules
1. Vendors or users cannot use graphic advertisements in thier sigs, even simple links are not acceptable.

Can you read it again please?
So please tell me how did I alter this rule to the worse for you?

Edited by Anno (07/29/02 11:41 PM)

InvisibleMushroom_Madness
enthusiast
Loc: Quaint New England Villag...
    #785415 - 07/30/02 12:01 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

You are correct.... My Fault. I retract my statement, and will edit it accordingly.

Offlinewindex
old hand
    #785601 - 07/30/02 04:40 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

>>You know what Enter, there's a real simple solution to that without trampling over the rights of the masses. Ban signature contests! That was simple wasn't it!

and if he would have done it that way you would be here bitching about how he banned sig contest and are stomping all over those rights....

OfflineAnnoA
Experimenter
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #785786 - 07/30/02 07:02 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

Once again, the comparison on the policy before I refined it and after. You will see that I didn?t add any new rule that would make the rules more restrictive.

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
 User Gallery

#786058 - 07/30/02 09:37 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

Any one who is even remotely honest and not looking to cause a fuss can see that the later version of the rules is less restrictive than the older version.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules