Home | Community | Message Board

NorthSpore.com BOOMR Bag!
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineHopi
Stranger in astrange land

Feel like I'm getting sucked into the drug culture...
    #7822608 - 01/02/08 04:42 AM (16 years, 2 months ago)

So I've been interested in drugs since... well, since I've been 14, almost five years ago. Back then, I had smoked salvia, weed, dropped acid, eaten mushrooms... I read alot about drugs back then, too, but didn't get the feeling I'm getting now.
Now, I'm getting a bit deeper into the whole thing, and that is bothering me. I spent New Years with some good friends, one who was tripping on acid and said that he could get heroin. Now, I immediately blocked the idea out of my head, but it seems like it's been a catalyst, for a realisation, that is. Lately, I've been reading up about all sorts of trash - opiates, DXM, stimulants(by that I mean amphs, coke, etc.) and have kinda begun to feel my prejudices against these drugs breaking down. Now, theoretically, that's a good thing, right? Well, practically, I never want to touch these things. A while ago, I got badly depressed, and thought that I just wanted to go on a drug binge, doing ecstasy and things like that. And now this really scares me, on a very deep, soulful level.
I'm just wondering... Do you guys have any suggestions on how I could get rid of this feeling, of these thoughts(which I very much don't like), of all of that other crap?
Should I dry myself out for a while? Stop hanging out with the people I hang out with(this is a Catch-22 - all the other options are people even more deeply into drugs that the ones I hang out with, who are not very interested in them at all)?
Thanks in advance.

--------------------
Ten thousand miles an hour plus
We streak across the sky like dust
And none of us know where or why
We're like a jewel in the sky

http://psychedelicnews.wordpress.com/

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblenorml840
sex toy guru
Male User Gallery

Loc: lost
Re: Feel like I'm getting sucked into the drug culture... [Re: Hopi]
    #7822628 - 01/02/08 04:54 AM (16 years, 2 months ago)

every group of friends has a voice of reason. you sound like you are that one. you know in your mind what to do. follow your gut and don't get any deeper than you already are. the really hardcore drugs like heroin, coke, etc. can ruin a life in a matter of months. steer clear of em.

Offlineveda_sticks
Cultivator
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: UK Flag
Re: Feel like I'm getting sucked into the drug culture... [Re: norml840]
    #7822657 - 01/02/08 05:17 AM (16 years, 2 months ago)

I have a very open mind when it comes to drugs,

but herion is one that i cant stand, i have never tried it and have no desire. I see it as a very dangerious drug. Working in glasgow all the time i see the destruction that herion brings to addicts, u can tell how they look, act and speak that there either an addict or on methodone.

Just the other day a guy got on the bus totaly out of his mind, refused to pay his fair, talking absolute jibirish thought he was funny, then when we got on the motorway asked where he was and realised that he didnt want to be on the bus and was only going a few stops from where he got on.

And started pestering the driver to get off . He had absolutly no idea where he was. God only knows where he went after getting of the bus in town.

Personaly i would steer clear of E aswell, a binge on e can leave u depressed for weeks and not quite with it, plus its very dangerous to overdoo it on E. I went threw a breif period of e addiction and now i hate the stuff, plus i only ever had 2 pills that were fantastic which were comparable to being high on love.

Being high on love by the way, will keep u away from them, i have had the similar high from E except 10 times better for 6 days straight now.

Coke is a funny one , i like coke but its so expensive for what it is i dont see the point in buying it. last time i did it lasted me a few hours and cost me £50.

A few of my mates easily spend £200 over a few days on the stuff at new year. Plus its usually not that great coke.

Also note, any drug can ruin your life, but the harder stuff like Coke and herion have a much higher chance, herion being the most addictive.

Just remember is that do things because u want to do them, not because other people do it. dont get pushed into it, you r your own person and its your choice, not anybody elses.

I took acid because I wanted to not because anyone told me to, infact i never even got offered it its a bit of a long story but i tried acid and mushrooms of my own accord after reading up about them, and the advice of an experienced tripper who did not pressure me into it

--------------------

PF TEK - writeup by EvilMushroom666
Lets Grow Mushrooms - RogerRabbit & RoadKills website with sample videos plus the full PF TEK video series. Alot of great information - BUY THE DVD
Cakes can and will pin! - So you think cakes suck for pins. Your wrong
Franks Simple Coir/Verm Tek
Franks Proper Pasturisation Tek
Franks Spawning To Bulk - Monotub
Professor Pinheads RTV Injection Port Tek
Foo Mans No Soak WBS Prep Tek

InvisibleWhiskeyClone
Not here
Male User Gallery

Loc: Longitudinal Center of Canada ...
    #7822946 - 01/02/08 09:08 AM (16 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Hopi said:

I'm just wondering... Do you guys have any suggestions on how I could get rid of this feeling, of these thoughts(which I very much don't like), of all of that other crap?
Should I dry myself out for a while? Stop hanging out with the people I hang out with(this is a Catch-22 - all the other options are people even more deeply into drugs that the ones I hang out with, who are not very interested in them at all)?
Thanks in advance.

Maybe stay away from drugs for a while. Your conscience is warning you. When you spend time with drug people, you start to think like them. You might start to believe that drugs are THE way to have fun. Whenever there's a thread like "what would you do with a million dollars" I see so many posters here saying they would buy a huge supply of drugs, as if it is a given that drugs are the most desirable experience to be had. Don't buy into that illusion.

My closest friends are alcoholics; great people, but they don't know how to enjoy themselves without alcohol. I find it difficult to hang around with them without drinking myself. They make it seem so normal and acceptable to drink a six pack while you do whatever you were going to do anyway. I really have to step back sometimes to see whether my own use is abusive, because in contrast to some people, dangerous behavior can look "not that bad."

--------------------
Welcome evermore to gods and men is the self-helping man.  For him all doors are flung wide: him all tongues greet, all honors crown, all eyes follow with desire.  Our love goes out to him and embraces him, because he did not need it.

~ R.W. Emerson, "Self-Reliance"

:heartpump:

Invisibleappleorange
Rainbow Technician
 User Gallery

Loc: Reykjavík
Re: Feel like I'm getting sucked into the drug culture... [Re: WhiskeyClone]
    #7822957 - 01/02/08 09:16 AM (16 years, 2 months ago)

Hopi,

Just for the record, Opiates, Amphetamine, and Coke are not trash. The idea you have of them is probably the result of years and years of propaganda. The chinese have smoked opium for hundreds of years, cocaine was used in dentists office, and crystal meth has recently been approved for children with ADHD.

It's how you use these drugs that matter. Jelly Beans aren't inherently dangerous, but they are if you eat bushels of them a day. If you use these drugs, use them responsibly and be aware of addiction potential. If you think you can't control yourself around them, by all means don't use them.

DXM is dirty though, no if's and's or buts about that.

OfflineHopi

Re: Feel like I'm getting sucked into the drug culture... [Re: appleorange]
    #7823393 - 01/02/08 11:39 AM (16 years, 2 months ago)

WhiskeyClone, thanks, yeah, I think that's what I'll do. It might be a bit hard, though, since I just smoked a bowl...  :regularshroom:
But I guess that that's what'll have to be done!

Appleoranges - I know that, of course, but I still - well, let's just say I don't really want to get into the semantics. For me, coke, opium, meth, etc. is trash. Sorry about that!

--------------------

OfflineNewbieS
User of semicolons.
Male User Gallery

Loc: SoCal Flag
Re: Feel like I'm getting sucked into the drug culture... [Re: appleorange]
    #7823473 - 01/02/08 11:58 AM (16 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

appleorange said:
and crystal meth has recently been approved for children with ADHD.

Not crystal meth, but just plain amphetamine. Still a pretty ludicrous idea to hop kids up on an amphetamine when they can barely sit still to begin with.

Invisibleappleorange
Rainbow Technician
 User Gallery

Loc: Reykjavík
Re: Feel like I'm getting sucked into the drug culture... [Re: Newbie]
    #7823493 - 01/02/08 12:03 PM (16 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

NewbieShroomie said:
Quote:

appleorange said:
and crystal meth has recently been approved for children with ADHD.

Not crystal meth, but just plain amphetamine. Still a pretty ludicrous idea to hop kids up on an amphetamine when they can barely sit still to begin with.

haha, nope:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Desoxyn

Offlinefoureyes
i against i
    #7823620 - 01/02/08 12:41 PM (16 years, 2 months ago)

been there done that literally. i find my self in a position where my ability to have a good time relies on drugs. i no longer binge on "hard" drugs anymore and find the problem to just be pot. yes after consuming almost everything the problem let behind is pot.

--------------------
with my third eye, I focus with

OfflineKonyap

Loc: Planet Piss
Re: Feel like I'm getting sucked into the drug culture... [Re: foureyes]
    #7827963 - 01/03/08 03:24 PM (16 years, 2 months ago)

word

but being a flip flopper shrooms fuck with my shit hard body

first time good to go again
second time thought i was fucked/never wanna try em

same with E, but that shit is laced so im def done with that for a minute, i dont burn out but i feel as if i lost somethin afterwards

with shrooms i jus think i understand somethin i dont

coke, well that shit is jus cool to me:cool: but how am i supposed to look cool with red puffy eyes, shades of course tho been there done that is my motto

heroin, well i feel id love that shit to death so i steer clear, plus sitting around zonked out sounds kinda gay to me

opium on the other hand while its almost similar i def wanna fuck with, it took out an entire country!!!(same as coke tho...)

what else that stuff that gets you zy dreams, already got em but sounds crazy

salvia, pretty soon my friend

and acid as well if i can get my head back on my shoulders

lookin back i think i am the drug culture sometimes i just kinda got that karma now "I lol'd" right...

Offlinexpl0de
ḆËŦŦЯ_őƑ_Ŧwo ƹvïlz
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Feel like I'm getting sucked into the drug culture... [Re: norml840]
    #7828476 - 01/03/08 05:38 PM (16 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

norml840 said:
the really hardcore drugs like heroin, coke, etc.  can ruin a life in a matter of months.  steer clear of em.

qft
stick to psychedelics dude!
some mdma wont hurt either :smile:

--------------------

OfflineHopi

Re: Feel like I'm getting sucked into the drug culture... [Re: xpl0de]
    #7828492 - 01/03/08 05:43 PM (16 years, 2 months ago)

If someone offered me something that really was PURE MDMA, I would take it in a heartbeat. But, seeing as most everything is cut with some sort of junk(not meant as in heroin, but as in trash :laugh:), I'm not planning on trying it...

My plan is to lay back on the weed and other psychedelics(though I don't know if I'll be able to resist if I get a chance to get a good quantity of quality shrooms or a few tabs of acid...), take up meditation, and get a bit religious - read about Buddhism, Hinduism, etc. Take my mind off of drugs. Something like that. :smile:

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder