Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomCube.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Invisibledaytripper23
?
Male

Loc: Flag
Bad Humor
    #7822068 - 01/01/08 11:22 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

Oftentimes in this forum, the more worked up, tense and even hateful an argument gets, the more often :lol:  :rofl2:  :rofl:  :lolz0rz: emoticons are used. I just want to say that disengenous use of emoticons is degrading for everyone in the conversation.:tongue:

Id much rather have people say whats on their mind than subvert it to "laughter". This is not meant to call out anyone in particular, but just a reminder that when this this little game is played, we all see through it.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineMushroomTrip
Dr. Teasy Thighs
Female User Gallery

Loc: red panda village
Re: Bad Humor [Re: daytripper23]
    #7822073 - 01/01/08 11:25 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

Whatever one might find disturbing, it is only a mirror to their own insufficiencies and frustrations :shrug:

--------------------
:bunny::bunnyhug:
All this time I've loved you
And never known your face
All this time I've missed you
And searched this human race
Here is true peace
Here my heart knows calm
Safe in your soul
Bathed in your sighs

:bunnyhug: :yinyang2:

Invisibledaytripper23
?
Male

Re: Bad Humor [Re: MushroomTrip]
    #7822076 - 01/01/08 11:27 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

Not always. There is certainly reality to such thing as what I described.

Like I said this isn't directed at anyone personally. Its a message to those who know they do it, to check themselves.

If you don't do it, then don't worry about it.

OfflinePhanTomCat
Teh Cat....
Male User Gallery

Loc: My Youniverse....
    #7822079 - 01/01/08 11:28 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

daytripper23 said:
Oftentimes in this forum, the more worked up, tense and even hateful an argument gets, the more often :lol:  :rofl2:  :rofl:  :lolz0rz: emoticons are used. I just want to say that disengenous use of emoticons is degrading for everyone in the conversation.:tongue:

Id much rather have people say whats on their mind than subvert it to "laughter". This is not meant to call out anyone in particular, but just a reminder that when this this little game is played, we all see through it.

:rofl2:

(would you expect any less....?)
:tongue:    :shrug:

>^;;^<

--------------------
I'll be your midnight French Fry....  :naughty:

"The most important things in life that are often ignored, are the things that one cannot see...."

>^;;^<

Invisibledaytripper23
?
Male

Re: Bad Humor [Re: PhanTomCat]
    #7822090 - 01/01/08 11:31 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

To analyze humor is the least funny thing in the world... So I guess anybody who laughs at this...Idk

OfflineMushroomTrip
Dr. Teasy Thighs
Female User Gallery

#7822097 - 01/01/08 11:35 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Oh I don't worry about anything in general :smirk:
I was simply replying to your post in a very helpful and sincere manner.
No matter what hidden intentions might there be behind using emoticons    :evil:, it doesn't exclude the fact the you only get irritated by the things which tough a sensible cord in you, on your own issues and frustrations.
Now, there were two options for me:
Agree with you that there are some mischievous people around here whi want to hurt others with their emoticons and contribute with almost nothing to the thread, OR give you some insight regarding the nature of the situation.
I preferred to do the latter thinking that you're looking to improve the quality of your own life, rather than aimlessly complaining about something that will exist as long as forums will. :yesnod:
I hope I made the right choice. :smile:

--------------------
Here is true peace
Here my heart knows calm
Safe in your soul
Bathed in your sighs

OfflinePhanTomCat
Teh Cat....
Male User Gallery

#7822105 - 01/01/08 11:37 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

daytripper23 said:
_____ is the least funny thing in the world... So I guess anybody who laughs at this...Idk

Everybody has a different answer in the_____....
But, I think that is good tho~....    :thumbup:

>^;;^<

--------------------

"The most important things in life that are often ignored, are the things that one cannot see...."

>^;;^<

Invisibledaytripper23
?
Male

#7822113 - 01/01/08 11:41 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

MushroomTrip said:
Quote:

Oh I don't worry about anything in general :smirk:
I was simply replying to your post in a very helpful and sincere manner.
No matter what hidden intentions might there be behind using emoticons    :evil:, it doesn't exclude the fact the you only get irritated by the things which tough a sensible cord in you, on your own issues and frustrations.
Now, there were two options for me:
Agree with you that there are some mischievous people around here whi want to hurt others with their emoticons and contribute with almost nothing to the thread, OR give you some insight regarding the nature of the situation.
I preferred to do the latter thinking that you're looking to improve the quality of your own life, rather than aimlessly complaining about something that will exist as long as forums will. :yesnod:
I hope I made the right choice. :smile:

O Ill fully admit that this is the ego driven, game playing, performing aspect of my nature. It is the part of me that does not like to look stupid. What it is saying, is that these antics make both sides of the argument look stupid.

OfflinePhanTomCat
Teh Cat....
Male User Gallery

#7822116 - 01/01/08 11:42 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

MushroomTrip said:
..........agree with you that there are some mischievous people around here who want to hurt others with their emoticons

You just wait, I am working on some new 3D emoticons that will jump out of your screen and grab your nose.....    :wink:

>^;;^<

--------------------

>^;;^<

OfflineMushroomTrip
Dr. Teasy Thighs
Female User Gallery

Re: Bad Humor [Re: PhanTomCat]
    #7822123 - 01/01/08 11:45 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

:rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2:
This picture is brilliant :smirk:

--------------------
Here is true peace
Here my heart knows calm
Safe in your soul
Bathed in your sighs

Invisibledaytripper23
?
Male

#7822126 - 01/01/08 11:46 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

My ego is appealing to other egos, to stop making everybody look moronic, and to try to have some class.

OfflineMushroomTrip
Dr. Teasy Thighs
Female User Gallery

#7822134 - 01/01/08 11:49 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

The thing is that what you might find to be moronic others might consider awesome.
This is why I consider that one side of progress consists of realizing that there's no good and bad morals, and as an extent to that, eliminate all the laws and rules that state otherwise. :yesnod:

--------------------
Here is true peace
Here my heart knows calm
Safe in your soul
Bathed in your sighs

Invisibledaytripper23
?
Male

#7822139 - 01/01/08 11:53 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

Obviously fake laughter, used to make others feel bad is awesome?

Because yeah, thats all Im talking about here. Im not talking about real laughter. No reason to defend that.

OfflineMushroomTrip
Dr. Teasy Thighs
Female User Gallery

#7822181 - 01/02/08 12:08 AM (16 years, 3 months ago)

And how do you determine what laughter is fake and what laughter is real?
Isn't it, by thinking in which situation YOU would laugh for real and not?
If so, what makes you think that others use the same thinking?

--------------------
Here is true peace
Here my heart knows calm
Safe in your soul
Bathed in your sighs

Invisibledaytripper23
?
Male

#7822225 - 01/02/08 12:19 AM (16 years, 3 months ago)

Again, this is not a personal message!

The reason I point this out in its own thread, is because based on the ways of this forum, it would be impossible to point this out in a thread.

1 Calling someone out for being fake in another thread would be considered a personalism. (Emotions are personal)

2 There is no logical way to prove someone is being fake, even if you are face to face with this person, outside of catching them in a lie that they will actually admit to. Basically, you cant prove or analyze emotions...

BUT, everybody knows there are fake people! Im sure youve met these types. We all recognize them at parties and gatherings. Theres no way to prove it, but almost everyone present knows this person is full of shit, based on intuition. Perhaps sometimes we are wrong, but many times we are correct, even though there is no way to prove this.

As Ive said in 3 other posts, I am not trying to direct this to anyone in particular, as if I can prove that someone is fake laughing as opposed to real laughing.

Quote:

This is not meant to call out anyone in particular, but just a reminder that when this this little game is played, we all see through it.

Im just saying there is such thing (as we all know), and it is usually obvious on an intuitive level.

Invisiblekaiowas
lest we baguette
 User Gallery

Loc: oz
    #7822260 - 01/02/08 12:33 AM (16 years, 3 months ago)

i haven't been on here for a while

but are you saying that when people on this bbs get offended, angry etc, they hide it by using laughing emoticons?

if that's the case, don't worry about it.  if they can't be straight faced, that's their problem and will get caught out at some point in time.

however, I can see what you mean though if it is overused.

IT's just like when people try to provoke others on the internet, the other person gets angry to which the initiator replies "don't get offended, it's just the internet..." :rolleyes:

--------------------
Annnnnnd I had a light saber and my friend was there and I said "you look like an indian" and he said "you look like satan" and he found a stick and a rock and he named the rock ooga booga and he named the stick Stick and we both thought that was pretty funny. We got eaten alive by mosquitos but didn't notice til the next day. I stepped on some glass while wading in the swamp and cut my foot open, didn't bother me til the next day either....yeah it was a good time, ended the night by buying some liquor for minors and drinking nips and going to he diner and eating chicken fingers, and then I went home and went to bed.

Invisibledaytripper23
?
Male

Re: Bad Humor [Re: kaiowas]
    #7822337 - 01/02/08 12:54 AM (16 years, 3 months ago)

Yea I try not to. It does get to me though! I realize that I should be able to ignore this, and I usually do. But often times I then feel all this repressed anger. I cant completely ignore it, and I realize this is personal weakness on my part, so I figured I would deal with it realisticly, with my ego involved. An appeal for class.

The problem is, if someone was acting like this to me in real life, I would call them out on it. But on here, that would be considered a personalism, and so a violation.

What is infuriating, is that this is there way of making it personal, by "laughing" at you.

This is just one example, more basically, im talking about being fake (emotionally), under the protection of the nonpersonalism rule around here.

I think if we allowed personalisms, most of the blatant name calling would be seen for what it is and be regulated by the community as a whole, while at the same time we could keep things real, by acting deliberately. We are the P+S forum, could we perhaps be this civil? But this could be unrealistic idealism.

:shrug:

So the least I could do I guess is point these antics out for what they are...

OfflineMushroomTrip
Dr. Teasy Thighs
Female User Gallery

#7822350 - 01/02/08 12:58 AM (16 years, 3 months ago)

This thread is a microcosmic reproduction on how social norms and ethics have appeared. Interesting, interesting :strokebeard:

--------------------
Here is true peace
Here my heart knows calm
Safe in your soul
Bathed in your sighs

Invisiblekaiowas
lest we baguette
 User Gallery

Loc: oz
    #7822376 - 01/02/08 01:07 AM (16 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

daytripper23 said:
Yea I try not to. It does get to me though! I realize that I should be able to ignore this, and I usually do. But often times I then feel all this repressed anger. I cant completely ignore it, and I realize this is personal weakness on my part, so I figured I would deal with it realisticly, with my ego involved. An appeal for class.

The problem is, if someone was acting like this to me in real life, I would call them out on it. But on here, that would be considered a personalism, and so a violation.

What is infuriating, is that this is there way of making it personal, by "laughing" at you.

This is just one example, more basically, im talking about being fake (emotionally), under the protection of the nonpersonalism rule around here.

I think if we allowed personalisms, most of the blatant name calling would be seen for what it is and be regulated by the community as a whole, while at the same time we could keep things real, by acting deliberately. We are the P+S forum, could we perhaps be this civil? But this could be unrealistic idealism.

:shrug:

So the least I could do I guess is point these antics out for what they are...

what personalism rule?  personalism is a school of thought that people are the only things that are real and have value, at least that's the short hand version anyway.

calling someone out for being a dick or hiding behind something isn't that bad, as long as you aren't trying to tear the person to shreds.

I know the fakeness upsets you, it does to me too sometimes, but after a while if you teach yourself to not let it get to you, then it won't matter as much as before.  sounds really cliche i know, but part of it has to deal with the mental importance you have assigned to the conversation or subject matter...and really...when is the subject matter in P&S really important enough to get angry about :wink:

--------------------
Annnnnnd I had a light saber and my friend was there and I said "you look like an indian" and he said "you look like satan" and he found a stick and a rock and he named the rock ooga booga and he named the stick Stick and we both thought that was pretty funny. We got eaten alive by mosquitos but didn't notice til the next day. I stepped on some glass while wading in the swamp and cut my foot open, didn't bother me til the next day either....yeah it was a good time, ended the night by buying some liquor for minors and drinking nips and going to he diner and eating chicken fingers, and then I went home and went to bed.

InvisibleEternalCowabunga
Being of Great Significance
Male User Gallery

Loc: Time and Space
    #7822379 - 01/02/08 01:08 AM (16 years, 3 months ago)

hmm i used to think that way daytripper. on the other hand, another way of looking at it is that when someone laughs at you, this is a challenge for you to laugh at yourself. when you don't take your ideas too seriously, you don't take yourself too seriously. after all, our ideas can never encompass the grand truth so we are always joking ourselves.

this point of view really only makes sense if we can accept that the other person's point of view could actually be more valid or that they aren't playing some sort of superiority mind game, they are just being themselves and do not necessarily have malevolent intent

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order