Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineLapius
Super Fighting Robot

Loc: Earth 25XX
yet another casing Q
    #781793 - 07/28/02 09:45 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

hey all...

ok my friends PR casing is on its 3rd flush right now... and each flush all he got was one giant shroom and tiny tiny tiny aborts.. (maybe 1 or 2) when does he know when the casing is spent...is it a risk to keep it in the terr near the other casings? another question is how can he get the network to grow other shrooms instead of focusing it all on one friut..? also how would one go about cold shocking a case? does one just put some tin foil over the case and keep it in the frige overnight? or is there another method going about it. Hes been watering them with needles instead of directly misting the case , cause he dosent want standing water on the case.. could this be a reason why only one big friut comes out a flush? any info would be great... hes using a coir grain 50/50 tekk.
thanks all
-PeZ

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleFd3000
I'll eat YOU!

Loc: ^^ His house ^^
Re: yet another casing Q [Re: Lapius]
    #781806 - 07/28/02 09:55 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

The casing is looks spent when it shrinks alot and looks dried out. Also when it stoppes flushing, just wait until no more flushed come. No it?s no real risk to the other casings, as long as he doesn?t leave it in there 1 month+ after the 4th flush (if you get a 4th). You can?t really stimulate a casing to have an even flush, it depends alot on how the substrate layer was spread out. If the substrate (Cake) was spread evenly you should get an even flush, if the substrate was denser is some areas of the casing more mushrooms will grow there. Cold shocking should be done with saran wrap wrapped around the casing many times. The fridge has A FUCK LOAD of contams in it so only tin foil would probably contam the casing, wrap alot of saran around it and pop it in. I don?t think injecting water into certain parts of the casing is a good idea but im no expert. Misting is alot better, the mycelium will absorb the water from the surface, and if it doesn?t it will just get moist which is not bad.

With my PR casing I noticed spots where I re-cased because the mycelium broke through early had more clusters of fruits than normal spots. Try putting a coir or verm layer about 1/4" thick over the original casing layer. Make sure whatever you use to make the second casing layer make sure its nice and wet, that way the mycelium network can get more water.

Good luck!
Fd

--------------------

"I could walk up to the president and blow smoke in his stupid monkey face and all he could do is stand there grooving on it" - Homer Simpson

OfflineLapius
Super Fighting Robot

Re: yet another casing Q [Re: Fd3000]
    #781822 - 07/28/02 10:03 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

thanks FD,

i see you know what your talking about thanks for the info about the case.. ill make sure i tell my friend ::) and hopfully things will work out for him.... as far as the casing layer..it was even... in all spots so its still a wonder on how only one fruit comes out..well time will tell.. thanks
-PEZ

OfflineNorthernsoul
Your Reality

Loc: Inner Eye
    #781828 - 07/28/02 10:07 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

Are The Cure even still together?

--------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------

When it comes
I'll know, I know
Just take my clothes and leave
And I'll be gone

OfflineLapius
Super Fighting Robot

Re: yet another casing Q [Re: Northernsoul]
    #781836 - 07/28/02 10:11 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

haha yes the cure is still together, although origional band members are not..
the only origional band members are Robert Smith and Simon Gallop.. they are still going strong, has to be my favorite band out there!
good to see other cure fans out there!
-PEZ

OfflineNorthernsoul
Your Reality

Loc: Inner Eye
    #781862 - 07/28/02 10:23 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

Yeah:)...I like The Cure..I remember getting thier "Wish" album when I was 14...lol....My all time favorite band is The Verve....I guess Id say that the most amazing bands are from U.K......well for me at least:)....You like "The Verve" or Richard Ashcroft?

--------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------

When it comes
I'll know, I know
Just take my clothes and leave
And I'll be gone

OfflineLilMerlin
Life magicapprentice
Loc: Europe.
Re: yet another casing Q [Re: Northernsoul]
    #781999 - 07/28/02 11:20 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

I've been at their concert two days ago in Nyon, Switzerland.... The best ever. Smith's voice is better yet than when he was young... He's such a professional... It was wonderful.

LilMerlin, who was not a fan before .

--------------------
"Five grams in silent darkness." T. McKenna
Why take more? Take different!

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder