Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineraceandsmoke
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Fully col should i birth
    #7804428 - 12/27/07 03:28 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

hey guys 4 of my 8 jars are colonized bottom and all, should i birth into the fruitin chamber or should i wait till i get pins in the jars
thanks heres a pic the black lines are just so i can measure growth

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineshroomials
Shrooms

Loc: north carolina
Re: Fully col should i birth [Re: raceandsmoke]
    #7804441 - 12/27/07 03:35 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

dude no take them out now an dunk an roll them. That is take the fully colinized onesout put them in water in a pot put a plate over them an let them soak for 12 to 24 hours an then take them out and kinda dry them a little with a paper towel. then roll them in dry verm. then throw them in the fruting CHAMBER!!!!@@@@@!!

LOVE Shroomials

Offlineprimal21
Stranger

Re: Fully col should i birth [Re: shroomials]
    #7804450 - 12/27/07 03:37 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

birth those puppies

Offlinechucklehead
GeneticThrowback toNeanderthal
Male User Gallery

Loc: Chucky Cheese
Re: Fully col should i birth [Re: primal21]
    #7804490 - 12/27/07 03:55 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

Depends how long they have been fully colonized. Did they just get there today or have they been 100% for a few days to a week? You don't have to wait for pins but it sure does help to give it 4-7 days after 100% colonization. A lot of times the center of your cake isn't colonized even though the outside is. Those long jelly jars tend to colonize the center a little faster than do the wide mouth half pints. I'd say you'd probably be ok to birth them now but if it was me I'd wait a few days.

Offlineraceandsmoke
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Re: Fully col should i birth [Re: primal21]
    #7804503 - 12/27/07 04:00 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

thanks ya i am goin to dunk and roll but i guess the refer made me forget to mention it lol

OfflineRogerRabbitM
Bans for Pleasure
Male User Gallery

Loc: Seattle
Trusted Cultivator
OG Cultivator
    #7804520 - 12/27/07 04:04 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

You should wait one week after full colonization before birthing. Do a dunk and roll, but roll in dry verm when the cake is dripping wet. Don't dry it off first as suggested above. The water is what makes the verm stick. You can just wait until the others have been ready for a week if you wanted to birth all the cakes at once. It's up to you.
RR

--------------------
Download Let's Grow Mushrooms

semper in excretia sumus solim profundum variat

"I've never had a failed experiment.  I've only discovered 10,000 methods which do not work."
Thomas Edison

Invisibleshaggydogman
Stranger

Re: Fully col should i birth [Re: chucklehead]
    #7804525 - 12/27/07 04:05 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

Wait 7 days after full colonization, then dunk and roll.

Quote:

RogerRabbit said:
The reason for waiting a week after full colonization is to allow the mycelium to consolidate its hold on the substrate. Until the mycelium digests some of the substrate it has colonized, it will not fruit. If you birth the day of full colonization, the week spent consolidating the hold, will be a week spent drying out the cake, thus making pinning harder and yields weak. If you wait a week after full colonization, pins often form within 48 hours of birthing/dunk and roll.

http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/7757510

--------------------
Rye -- WBS | Grain LC -- G2G | Bulk -- Monotub | 50/50 -- Late Casing -- A Pinning Strategy
Disclaimer: My opinion is subject to change at short notice subject to but not limited by new information and knowledge being made available.

Invisibleshaggydogman
Stranger

Re: Fully col should i birth [Re: shaggydogman]
    #7804532 - 12/27/07 04:07 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

whhoooooo

How did you do that!!!! lol. I thought of something you said and you appeared!!!!!

spooooky.... :shocked:

--------------------
Rye -- WBS | Grain LC -- G2G | Bulk -- Monotub | 50/50 -- Late Casing -- A Pinning Strategy
Disclaimer: My opinion is subject to change at short notice subject to but not limited by new information and knowledge being made available.

OfflineRogerRabbitM
Bans for Pleasure
Male User Gallery

Loc: Seattle
Trusted Cultivator
OG Cultivator
Re: Fully col should i birth [Re: shaggydogman]
    #7804554 - 12/27/07 04:13 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

I read your mind. I think you forgot to wear your tinfoil hat while typing.
RR

--------------------
Download Let's Grow Mushrooms

semper in excretia sumus solim profundum variat

"I've never had a failed experiment.  I've only discovered 10,000 methods which do not work."
Thomas Edison

Offlineraceandsmoke
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Re: Fully col should i birth [Re: RogerRabbit]
    #7804590 - 12/27/07 04:26 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

ya ill end up waitin another week, but how do you guys feel on the poor mans chamber i built one of those with lava rock for my chamber. the humidty gets up to 100% is that to high?

Invisibleshaggydogman
Stranger

#7804591 - 12/27/07 04:27 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

haha, I haven't got one

yet........... :smile:

I think I might have to go for one of these...
yeah, gonna make me one of them for this interweb thingy...

--------------------

Offlinechucklehead
GeneticThrowback toNeanderthal
Male User Gallery

Loc: Chucky Cheese
    #7804592 - 12/27/07 04:27 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

Good thing I never take mine off.  Sure my hair is disgusting but at least the aliens like RR can't read my brain.  That's right RR I know what you are.  Did you think no one would recognize you?  You Zarmorhtian fiend!  Don't be fooled kids.  (You can see in some of his recent post where he compares mushrooms to humans, much the way an outside observer might.  An outside observer that ISN'T HUMAN.)  So be warned!  He'll suck you in with his well made, and educational videos.  (Which if you had watched them you would know darn well you should wait a few days after 100% colonization.)  Then he will slip in subliminal messages that make you want to... to... well do something that you don't realize you are doing.  All of this in an effort to get us to grow more mushrooms so the planet earth is terraformed to the point that it is habitable for his Zarmorthian brothers.  Yes that's right.  That's invasion time.  So beware. 

:hypnotoad:

Invisibleshaggydogman
Stranger

#7804621 - 12/27/07 04:36 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

:rofl2:

--------------------

Offlineshroomials
Shrooms

Loc: north carolina
    #7804662 - 12/27/07 04:49 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

you right all those lets grow mushrooms vids on youtube from RR. Omg hes planet zamorithians Head mushrooms teacher he teaches us so we can grow them then all his zamorithian people will come down apon us with great vengance feeding apon our great mushrooms an our fonderous brains.?????

Invisibleshaggydogman
Stranger

#7804684 - 12/27/07 04:56 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

100% humidity is great.
I've not used a PMP so I can't really comment much further on them. I have heard concerns raised about standing water raising the risk of contamination.

100% humidity with plenty of fresh air exchange (FAE) is the ideal.

Personlly I use one of RR's 'shotgun' terrariums (link in my sig) that uses perlite for humidity and it works well.

--------------------

Edited by shaggydogman (12/27/07 05:00 PM)

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom