Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinelargeunits
Stranger
Light regimen: 12hrs or 16hrs: what do you like?
    #7800842 - 12/26/07 12:53 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

I know most people use 12hrs of light during fruiting - but I see that Stamets + Chilton suggest up to 16hrs of light. I am using 16hrs and things seem to be working fine - just wondering if anyone has something to say about this. Thanks

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleGlacier Creek
The Chef
Male User Gallery

Loc: PNW
Re: Light regimen: 12hrs or 16hrs: what do you like? [Re: largeunits]
    #7800852 - 12/26/07 12:59 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

I used a metal halide light for growing herb, and shrooms in the same room.

When my light cycle changed from 16/8 to 12/12 I saw no difference in fruiting speed, or anything else with the mushroom grow.

If there was a difference between the two, it wasn't enough of a difference to notice anything.

I say if either one works just fine, why not go with the less energy consumption method.

--------------------

Google "Earthly Info" to find my mushroom recipes. #1 baby.. yeah...

WARNING: All messages posted under this profile
are actually algorithmicly generated by an AI computer program.  No truth or actual events are being generated, and as a result cannot be investigated for thier validity.  (message 2345433)

Offlinethe4x4hoss
Fat kid at theback of theshort bus
Male
Loc: north central texas
Re: Light regimen: 12hrs or 16hrs: what do you like? [Re: Glacier Creek]
    #7809865 - 12/29/07 07:26 AM (16 years, 3 months ago)

When I built my martha all I could find was an opaque plastic covered closet and found that 16/8 works best for me but with a clear fc I doubt there would be any difference between the 16/8 and the 12/12.

Just my 2 Abes.

--------------------
"Heaven is not a place you go when you die, rather it is that moments in time when you actually feel alive." Mushies help...

Offlineveda_sticks
Cultivator
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: UK Flag
Re: Light regimen: 12hrs or 16hrs: what do you like? [Re: the4x4hoss]
    #7810161 - 12/29/07 10:18 AM (16 years, 3 months ago)

Mushrooms dont use light in the same way plants do.

The lights that are used for growing produce light in a different end of the spectrum that is not benificial to mushrooms.

Im not saying its not going to work, but a light in the daylight range has been shown to produce good results.

--------------------

PF TEK - writeup by EvilMushroom666
Lets Grow Mushrooms - RogerRabbit & RoadKills website with sample videos plus the full PF TEK video series. Alot of great information - BUY THE DVD
Cakes can and will pin! - So you think cakes suck for pins. Your wrong
Franks Simple Coir/Verm Tek
Franks Proper Pasturisation Tek
Franks Spawning To Bulk - Monotub
Professor Pinheads RTV Injection Port Tek
Foo Mans No Soak WBS Prep Tek

OfflineNibin
Getting there
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Light regimen: 12hrs or 16hrs: what do you like? [Re: veda_sticks]
    #7811282 - 12/29/07 06:13 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

veda_sticks said:
Mushrooms dont use light in the same way plants do.

The lights that are used for growing produce light in a different end of the spectrum that is not benificial to mushrooms.

Im not saying its not going to work, but a light in the daylight range has been shown to produce good results.

You haven't grown weed have you Veda? lol.

Mushrooms react to light that is in the spectrum range of metal halide lamps (used for vegetative growth of mj , not the sodium lamps used for flowering) or that of any other light in the 6000k range.

Timing is relative. It only takes a few hours of light for the effects of the light to be noticeable and more is just a thing of preference. The difference between 12 and 16 is so small if any that I prefer to save the extra 4 hours of electricity.

--------------------
Newcomers guide-----> For all things shroomy

Edited by Nibin (12/29/07 06:15 PM)

Offlineveda_sticks
Cultivator
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: UK Flag
Re: Light regimen: 12hrs or 16hrs: what do you like? [Re: Nibin]
    #7811310 - 12/29/07 06:22 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

ah i was thinking of the flowering light, i thought of growing weed but i just could not get away with it in this block of flats, its full of crimewatchers, even my flat has crime watch stickers on the windows.

Mushrooms are descrete, and it has gotten me interested in other cultivation. Im looking to get myself some oyster cultures going and possible shitake.

--------------------

PF TEK - writeup by EvilMushroom666
Lets Grow Mushrooms - RogerRabbit & RoadKills website with sample videos plus the full PF TEK video series. Alot of great information - BUY THE DVD
Cakes can and will pin! - So you think cakes suck for pins. Your wrong
Franks Simple Coir/Verm Tek
Franks Proper Pasturisation Tek
Franks Spawning To Bulk - Monotub
Professor Pinheads RTV Injection Port Tek
Foo Mans No Soak WBS Prep Tek

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale