Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds Zamnesia
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisiblediseased
Stranger
why pasturize?
    #779824 - 07/27/02 08:07 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

ok, here what im thinking. if there is no need to pasturize when spawning outdoors, then why not just spawn you poop/compost/straw outside, in a bucket or something, wait till its colonized, then bring it inside to case and fruit? Then you dont have to waste time and effort on an extra step of pasturization.
I think this maybe what i have to do because im about to spawn some shit with casings that may be contaminated, and im afraid if i do it indoors, that potential contamination may get a foot hold in the uncolonized poo and ruin it. im hopeing that doing it outside might prevent that from happening.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineCubies4Me
Child of theShroom

Loc: Another Realm
Re: why pasturize? [Re: diseased]
    #779855 - 07/27/02 08:27 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

Seems to me that you could do that but I bet your overall yield will be hurt. Because if you pasteurize it, then you are making the good bacteria active and getting rid of the bad bacteria. If you dont pasteurize it then the mycellium will have to fight against the contams to colonize and it wont have the benefit of the good bacteria. If you are worried about contams already present, maybe you should go with moes outdoor tek just to be safe. But if you have the chance pasteurization is always better.

I think all that is pretty accurate, sorry if it's not perfect though.

--------------------
:tongue:
  Livin comfortably numb, always and forever.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder