Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinehex311
Stranger
 User Gallery
First Mushroom Project in Mycodome with Tequila Spikes...Question
    #7783582 - 12/20/07 09:37 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

I have started a strain called Tequila Spikes in a Mycodome using cakes. I inoculated the six substrate jars with the strain and let them sit in the warmed mycodome around 79-82 degrees in darkness for two weeks, all but two jars were mostly fully colonized.

After more time went by, and following the Mycodome instructions, it was close to a month so I went ahead, with the most of the jars from what I could see completely white, dunked the cakes fully in spring water in a container, gently flipping it a few times then sitting it upside down 12 hours and right side up 12 hours. Things appeared to be fine.

Now I have had light on the cakes for several days and two of the cakes, which I believed to be screw ups since they had not much white at all, began to develop a fuzz over them, and in the humidity of the dome, when I opened it and using gloves tried to move them away from the other cakes due to this expanding fur, the water condensation on them made the fur mush to the cake as a blueish sludge. Here is an image below...

So, being a retard, I decided the best thing to do was to remove these cakes all together, leaving the last four to hopefully be healthy and produce. I placed them back into substrate jars and have them in a dark warmed location. Is there any hope on them or should I just toss them out? I believe I just took them out too soon. Thanks...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineTurntableJunky
Ethno Grower
Male

Loc: Sydney
Re: First Mushroom Project in Mycodome with Tequila Spikes...Question [Re: hex311]
    #7783595 - 12/20/07 09:42 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

Dude wtf those cakes are only like half colonized.

--------------------

OfflinePoisonedV
Fuming Shrooming
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Hell
Re: First Mushroom Project in Mycodome with Tequila Spikes...Question [Re: TurntableJunky]
    #7783618 - 12/20/07 09:47 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

Mycodome is the first mistake you made. The next one is having shitty cakes. The third one not posting in contamination. The fourth is ignoring the search button.
EDIT: Another mistake is not using a more common strain.

--------------------
Lazy...

Edited by PoisonedV (12/20/07 09:49 PM)

OfflineMolasses
sobriety with aside of what thefuck am i doing?
Male

Loc: Marijuanaville, Vermont
Re: First Mushroom Project in Mycodome with Tequila Spikes...Question [Re: PoisonedV]
    #7783710 - 12/20/07 10:16 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

I think someone needs to do a little research

OfflineFraggin
Multi-Faceted
 User Gallery

Re: First Mushroom Project in Mycodome with Tequila Spikes...Question [Re: Molasses]
    #7783994 - 12/20/07 11:28 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

Mycodome! Coming Soon, To a Dumpster near You!

OfflineOverclock22
Here, There andBack Again
Male

Loc: NY
Re: First Mushroom Project in Mycodome with Tequila Spikes...Question [Re: Fraggin]
    #7784160 - 12/21/07 12:35 AM (16 years, 3 months ago)

2 of those cakes look like cobweb or some other grayish mold

Actually looking at the pic close up, they're all infected toss em all man.

--------------------
He did not laugh as his eyes stopped in awareness of the earth around him. His face was like a law of nature-a thing one could not question, alter or implore. It had high cheekbones over gaunt, hollow cheeks; gray eyes, cold and steady; a contemptuous mouth, shut tight, the mouth of an executioner or a saint.

If you wake up at a different time in a different place, can you wake up a different person?

Cf. A.C. Doyle "I'll rise above this, you can't keep me down, for I am Divine, and I know it all too well."

Edited by Overclock22 (12/21/07 12:36 AM)

OfflineSuperPuma
Automation Nut
 User Gallery

Re: First Mushroom Project in Mycodome with Tequila Spikes...Question [Re: Overclock22]
    #7784165 - 12/21/07 12:38 AM (16 years, 3 months ago)

Jeeez... Too bad man, hopefully that far cake will show you some pins before the entire show goes under.

Do some more homework. If you tried to fruit partially uncolonized cakes, you clearly need to do some more reading.

Call this your throw-away prototype run. I'm sure you learned quite a bit.

Offlineveda_sticks
Cultivator
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: UK Flag
Re: First Mushroom Project in Mycodome with Tequila Spikes...Question [Re: SuperPuma]
    #7784414 - 12/21/07 03:11 AM (16 years, 3 months ago)

Always wait for 100% colinisation before birthing, uncolinised substrate will get hit with contamination.

If a jar stalls and you have to birth, then remove any uncolinised portions before dunking.

And yes, dont use the mycodome. You can build that setup yourself for half the money.

Start again from fresh, try and work out why your cakes stalled.

I will repeat this.

DONT BIRTH UNTIL FULLY COLINISED, WHEN IT LOOKS 100% GIVE IT ANOTHER 5 DAYS.

--------------------

PF TEK - writeup by EvilMushroom666
Lets Grow Mushrooms - RogerRabbit & RoadKills website with sample videos plus the full PF TEK video series. Alot of great information - BUY THE DVD
Cakes can and will pin! - So you think cakes suck for pins. Your wrong
Franks Simple Coir/Verm Tek
Franks Proper Pasturisation Tek
Franks Spawning To Bulk - Monotub
Professor Pinheads RTV Injection Port Tek
Foo Mans No Soak WBS Prep Tek

Offlineseg_x
was here,chillin
Male User Gallery

Loc: Some place south.
Re: First Mushroom Project in Mycodome with Tequila Spikes...Question [Re: veda_sticks]
    #7784518 - 12/21/07 04:30 AM (16 years, 3 months ago)

hit the books.

--------------------

My Fall Mushrooms

OfflineFraggin
Multi-Faceted
 User Gallery

Re: First Mushroom Project in Mycodome with Tequila Spikes...Question [Re: seg_x]
    #7784808 - 12/21/07 08:30 AM (16 years, 3 months ago)

^ :thumbup:

Offlinebryanbzl
Spawn Runner
 User Gallery

Re: First Mushroom Project in Mycodome with Tequila Spikes...Question [Re: Fraggin]
    #7784917 - 12/21/07 09:26 AM (16 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Fraggin said:
Mycodome! Coming Soon, To a Dumpster near You!

seriously...

--------------------
Cheers,

bzl

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"From 1898 through to 1910 heroin was marketed as a non-addictive morphine substitute and cough medicine for children."

conclusion:
poor fucking children of the early 1900's.

Offlinebryanbzl
Spawn Runner
 User Gallery

Re: First Mushroom Project in Mycodome with Tequila Spikes...Question [Re: bryanbzl]
    #7784928 - 12/21/07 09:29 AM (16 years, 3 months ago)

dude for my cakes i bought a bag of perlite and two dinky sized shoebox rubbermaides and make small double tubs that fit like 4 cakes in each one (check my gallery). each tub cost about 2.50 bucks canadian and did the job VERY well, hopefully you will learn that buying these crappy overpriced products was a mistake you will never make again. Birthing those cakes not even half colonized was a waste, that almost guarantees contamination. Hopefully the next time around you will have better luck, i've got my fingers crossed for you man.

--------------------
Cheers,

bzl

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"From 1898 through to 1910 heroin was marketed as a non-addictive morphine substitute and cough medicine for children."

conclusion:
poor fucking children of the early 1900's.

Edited by bryanbzl (12/21/07 09:31 AM)

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains