Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinesporeprint
ConnectTheDots
Male
The PF TEK - done my homework, some help please :D
    #7777313 - 12/19/07 11:29 AM (16 years, 3 months ago)

Some help please

My first project is going to be the PF - TEK ^_^

I have done a lot of reasearch before asking questions, but there are things i cant find an answer
Could you help me please

First of all

*How sterile are you with perlite, do you add some H202 or sterlize it in some way ?
When dunk&rollin - do you sterilize your verm in some way ?
Ive read that its not neccesary, but whats your opinnion ?

*Do you use H202 in your sterilziation or only for contamination

*Have you heared about adding a drop of iodine in to the water, does it help ?

*How much perlite does the work for you guys ? It goes from 1 inch up to 2

*Do you still have holes in your terrarium, when fanned enough

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleGreen420Thang
FriendlyStranger
Male User Gallery

Loc: This Island Earth, Behind the ...
Re: The PF TEK - done my homework, some help please :D [Re: sporeprint]
    #7777348 - 12/19/07 11:38 AM (16 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

sporeprint said:
Some help please

My first project is going to be the PF - TEK  ^_^

I have done a lot of reasearch before asking questions, but there are things i cant find an answer
Could you help me please

First of all

*How sterile are you with perlite, do you add some H202 or sterlize it in some way ?

*Do you use H202 in your sterilization or only for contamination

*How much perlite does the work for you guys ? It goes from 1 inch up to 2

I'll answer what I can from my experience for you.

with regard to H202, you ONLY use that if your goods are attacked by cobweb mold. Once a cake is fully colonized it can defend itself from the majority of contaminants. Providing fresh air is KEY to preventing contamination of colonized substrates.

Perlite and vermiculite are non nutritive and contaminants do not thrive on them for the most part. Verm straight outta the bag should be good enough to dunk and roll with. When using perlite the more depth the better, especially with a larger fruiting chamber (google roger rabbits videos on youtube, they are great guides for PF tek and fruiting chamber construction). No need to add iodine, when adding water to the perlite, soak it well in a colander under the tap. There is to be no standing water in your perlite.
The holes in the terrarium should be enough to eliminate the need to fan. I think holes and fanning may lower the humidity too much. (thats just my 2cents)
Good questions, keep your eyes on the prize and you will be fine :cubie:

Offlinesporeprint
ConnectTheDots
Male
Re: The PF TEK - done my homework, some help please :D [Re: Green420Thang]
    #7777408 - 12/19/07 11:59 AM (16 years, 3 months ago)

tnx man
Will be strating soon

Offlineveda_sticks
Cultivator
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: UK Flag
    #7777721 - 12/19/07 01:38 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

Exactly what he says.

You should still fan out your terarium even with the holes misting to help bring the rh back up quickly.

Some peaple sterilise there verm, personaly i have never had a problem just using it straight out the bag to roll (keep it moist after rolling)

--------------------

PF TEK - writeup by EvilMushroom666
Lets Grow Mushrooms - RogerRabbit & RoadKills website with sample videos plus the full PF TEK video series. Alot of great information - BUY THE DVD
Cakes can and will pin! - So you think cakes suck for pins. Your wrong
Franks Simple Coir/Verm Tek
Franks Proper Pasturisation Tek
Franks Spawning To Bulk - Monotub
Professor Pinheads RTV Injection Port Tek
Foo Mans No Soak WBS Prep Tek

OfflineNebula
Stranger

Re: The PF TEK - done my homework, some help please :D [Re: Green420Thang]
    #7777892 - 12/19/07 02:28 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

with regard to H202, you ONLY use that if your goods are attacked by cobweb mold.

I've often dunked my cakes with 1 part of 3% h2o2 solution and 10 parts of water. Didn't seem to affect my flushes, they've been very good, up to 6 flushes. I'm sure it's also working without the h2o2 as many ppl stated in this forum.
A question though: how do you use h2o2 if your cake has been attacked by cobweb? It's usually too late when mold infects a cake, isn't it? And wouldn't be better to use h2o2 in order to prevent cobweb?

InvisibleGreen420Thang
FriendlyStranger
Male User Gallery

Re: The PF TEK - done my homework, some help please :D [Re: Nebula]
    #7778095 - 12/19/07 03:12 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

Well I'll admit I don't know enough details on the cobweb mold (Dactylium[thx RR]) to pretend I can explain how it truly starts up in a grow, but I suppose if the spores are there and the conditions are right it thrives. From what I've read with peoples experiences (never had it my self), they see the mold, spray the H2O2 and it goes away, killing the Dactylium.
I guess trich (mean green),and other mold contams are molds that live deeper in the substrate and as a result are harder to eliminate/ dig out, but I assume cobweb thrives on the surface. And as a result, does not return easily once treated with peroxide, which it is pwndz0rd by! :rockets:

OfflineNibin
Getting there
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: The PF TEK - done my homework, some help please :D [Re: Nebula]
    #7778372 - 12/19/07 04:42 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Nebula said:
Quote:

with regard to H202, you ONLY use that if your goods are attacked by cobweb mold.

I've often dunked my cakes with 1 part of 3% h2o2 solution and 10 parts of water. Didn't seem to affect my flushes, they've been very good, up to 6 flushes. I'm sure it's also working without the h2o2 as many ppl stated in this forum.
A question though: how do you use h2o2 if your cake has been attacked by cobweb? It's usually too late when mold infects a cake, isn't it? And wouldn't be better to use h2o2 in order to prevent cobweb?

Peroxide is no good preventing contamination and the only mold it will kill is cobweb, probably because of what above said, it grows on the surface and it is formed by thin threads.

--------------------
Newcomers guide-----> For all things shroomy

InvisibleFooMan
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Earth Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #7778403 - 12/19/07 04:50 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

This has all you need to know:

Part 1

Part 2

Part 3

Part 4

--------------------

Quick WBS Prep

Invisibletahoe
Noob Slayer
Male User Gallery

Loc: N38.93829W119.98108
Trusted Cultivator
    #7779010 - 12/19/07 07:11 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

sporeprint said:The PF TEK - done my homework, some help please :laugh:

Quote:

sporeprint said:

You say that you have done your homework yet you still want to fuck things up. Stick to the pf tech. Do not try anything else until you have a good understanding of the process.

--------------------
Stop experimenting half way through your first grow. Grow it to maturity, watch it, learn from it. Do this a few times then experiment with different ideas and figure out what works best for you.

My Legacy
https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/22140987#22140987

Teh=The
I need to proofread

OfflineBaloneyNight
crap neck
Male User Gallery

Loc: SE USA
Re: The PF TEK - done my homework, some help please :D [Re: tahoe]
    #7779037 - 12/19/07 07:15 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

He asked if anyone had heard about it, not that he has done that himself or even wants to do it, who pissed in your cornflakes tahoe?

--------------------
"sorry ass pickle sticker" - wutang

Rest in peace to Coon, the "big odd son"

If you want to find psilocybin in species that are not yet known to be psychoactive, you should do chemical tests. That way you won't get sick and die all the time." - -Alan Rockefeller

Invisibleflavoraid
now with twicethe ketamine andopiates!
Male

#7779078 - 12/19/07 07:25 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

sporeprint said:

rinse the dust off, soak it and it's good to go

bake it at 350 for 20mins

doesn't hurt. I don't bother.

*Do you use H202 in your sterilziation or only for contamination
i'd use it for cobweb mold

*Have you heared about adding a drop of iodine in to the water, does it help ? I've heard of bleach

*How much perlite does the work for you guys ?
more is better as long as none of it is sitting in water, I have several 110L bags so I use it generously

yes, but if you fan say 5-6 times a day you don't need holes maybe one near the bottom as co2 is heavier than oxygen i'm either going to make a few 1" holes and stuff them with polyfil or im going to make several hundred 1/4" holes and leave them unstuffed and im going to use 5+ inches of perlite and still fan or ill install a cpu fan to blow fresh air in. DUNNO - making 3 new terrariums in the next week or so.

--------------------
coda said:
imachavel, Man you really need to do some reading, the amount of bullshit you put into almost every single one of your posts is absolutely astounding.

Offlineveda_sticks
Cultivator
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: UK Flag
Re: The PF TEK - done my homework, some help please :D [Re: flavoraid]
    #7779146 - 12/19/07 07:42 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

The pf tek has all the nessasary steps, follow it, dont change anything dont miss anything out.

h202 will not provent contamination and in some cases has caused contamination or poor growing.

1 part 3% h202 to 10 part h20 is a very weak concentration and probably isnt enough to do anything. Plus it will break down into 02 and h20 pretty quickly.

h202 only kills cobweb, most other moulds arnt effected by and (they are imune to it, as far as i understand other moulds metobilise??...)

2 inches of perlite isnt quite enough. I use around 5 inches of perlite, i think its between 3-5 inches which is recommended.

Just remember that you should leave enough space between the top of your cake and your lid of the FC, otherwise you will have shrooms growing up, hit the roof and start growing sideways. (i guess its not that big a deal, but everyone seems to grow mushrooms upward around here)

Gather your supplies, and while you wait for them, read over the pf tek a good few times to make sure you understand it. Everything should be in that document, from preparing your substrate, loading into you jars, sterilising in the pressure cooker/steamer, inoculation and incubation.

1 thing i will recomend is the use of a glovebox. My first attempts were hounded with green mould during incubation, i had a bad failure rate of around 90% ( the last 2 grows without a glovebox,2 out of 4 green mould, then 3 out of 4 green mould)

Since building a glovebox (and by no means is it pretty) , it has worked a treat. I had a clear storage container lying around, so it cost me nothing t make. I have 3 100% succesfull grows using that (4 jars each time totaling 12 1/2 pint pf teks)

Also if you can afford it a pressure, but for the pf tek its not needed (but recomended).

--------------------

PF TEK - writeup by EvilMushroom666
Lets Grow Mushrooms - RogerRabbit & RoadKills website with sample videos plus the full PF TEK video series. Alot of great information - BUY THE DVD
Cakes can and will pin! - So you think cakes suck for pins. Your wrong
Franks Simple Coir/Verm Tek
Franks Proper Pasturisation Tek
Franks Spawning To Bulk - Monotub
Professor Pinheads RTV Injection Port Tek
Foo Mans No Soak WBS Prep Tek

InvisibleGreen420Thang
FriendlyStranger
Male User Gallery

Re: The PF TEK - done my homework, some help please :D [Re: tahoe]
    #7780001 - 12/19/07 11:50 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

hell to the yea! tahoe has a new avatar :yesnod:

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract