Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinespammaps
Stranger
did psychedelics worsen any of your psychological conditions
    #7768589 - 12/17/07 09:01 AM (16 years, 3 months ago)

did a) mushrooms and/or b) LSD make your psychological conditions worse on the long term in any way?
like causing depressions, decreasing abilities to think logically and clearly, increased anxiety, being more (too) or less (too little) sensitive to emotional stuff, being more confused?
personally lsd made me analyse even totally unimportant stuff too much, which draws away my concentration from "useful" matter, i got these thought loops, which i can't stop
on the one hand, it's beneficial sometimes, since i make up my mind about stuff i didn't before, but it gets quite exhausting at times, since i don't want to waste thoughts, time and energy on matters, that actually seem quite unimportant and ridiculous to me
also, acid made me take myself and the world around me too seriously
i'm offended by stuff, people say (to me) more easily and i became more sensitive overall, good on the one hand, bad on the other
what about you?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinemarshalldylan1
Stranger

Re: did psychedelics worsen any of your psychological conditions [Re: spammaps]
    #7768592 - 12/17/07 09:03 AM (16 years, 3 months ago)

Acid has done the opposite for me in taking everything too seriously.

After I've done my fair share of acid, I see how much bullshit there is in the world, and how many fake people there are.

Offlinedfernandez90
Bueno
Male

Re: did psychedelics worsen any of your psychological conditions [Re: marshalldylan1]
    #7768729 - 12/17/07 09:58 AM (16 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

marshalldylan1 said:
Acid has done the opposite for me in taking everything too seriously.

After I've done my fair share of acid, I see how much bullshit there is in the world, and how many fake people there are.

Same thing for me.

--------------------
:bongload:

OfflineQuake3
Total Carbohydrate
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Relatively New York
    #7768743 - 12/17/07 10:01 AM (16 years, 3 months ago)

They vastly improved/eliminated most of my psychological problems. One thing that might be negative is I tend to notice things more. Particularly trees (especially grass or leafy trees, things that are "complex") and shines. I don't think this is a physical change. I noticed these things on psychedelics and now look for them in real life. I can easily block them out, but sometimes when I don't, people notice I'm gazing at random things or I look zoned out. I only say this is negative because it's not normal, but I have no problems with it myself.

btw, I'm predisposed to major mental illness (heredity) and I'm the type of person generally advised not to use psychedelics at all. But I've noticed no ill effects. On the contrary, people with mental illness should be the first in line to be treated with psychedelics (under the guidance of a professional, because I lost faith in people awhile ago. IMO, most people who use psychedelics will fuck it up by mixing drugs or doing something dumb).

Offlinemarshalldylan1
Stranger

Re: did psychedelics worsen any of your psychological conditions [Re: Quake3]
    #7768756 - 12/17/07 10:05 AM (16 years, 3 months ago)

Yeah man, me too about the trees. I always am looking at them. They are so beautiful after I have used psychedelics.

Invisiblepong
kretan
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: west coast
Re: did psychedelics worsen any of your psychological conditions [Re: marshalldylan1]
    #7768793 - 12/17/07 10:14 AM (16 years, 3 months ago)

no.

psychedelics healed my mind

they made me open my eyes and actually see

--------------------

Offlinetheorganicdomino
Psychedelic ZenBuddhist
Male User Gallery

Loc: Here & Now
Re: did psychedelics worsen any of your psychological conditions [Re: pong]
    #7768870 - 12/17/07 10:37 AM (16 years, 3 months ago)

Thanks to mushrooms I freed myself from drinking and hard drug addiction, embraced Zen Buddhism, became more creative and have my manic depression far more under control than when I was on prescription drugs.

I am so utterly thankful for the 50+ trips I have had over the past five years, without them my life would not be as joyous as it is!

--------------------
"You've got to get hold of the thread of marching time, pull the fuck thing down, get on the end of it and pang yourself to the infinitude of absolute mind"
Ken Campbell - Furtive Nudist

"The mystery of life is not a problem to be solved but a reality to be experienced" - Aart van der Leeuw

OfflineExplosiveMango
HallucinogenusDigitallus
Male User Gallery

Re: did psychedelics worsen any of your psychological conditions [Re: theorganicdomino]
    #7768915 - 12/17/07 10:53 AM (16 years, 3 months ago)

The only 'psychological condition' I could say I've had was a long standing major depression... I have a much easier time with it these days, psychedelics play some part in improving my control, meditation and good general health are also important.

I found the few times I have used psychedelics fairly frequently (more than once a month) I have had a bit more difficulty settling for thinking about the mundane parts of life. I am more interested in creative thinking etc. It's a good effect to have in moderation but it can hinder your ability to get work done if you don't limit it.

I do have a very flighty attention actually, I could easily get a diagnosis for ADD if I were into that sort of thing. I guess psychedelics marginally worsen my ability to keep my attention, but only temporarily... and sometimes they have the opposite effect if I have a particularly interesting subject to spend time thinking about.

--------------------
Know your self.
Know your substance.
Know your source.

The most distorted perspective possible is the perspective that yours is not distorted.

Edited by ExplosiveMango (12/17/07 11:26 AM)

InvisibleRobMarley420
LSD Enthusiast
Male User Gallery

Loc: Mushroom Mountain
Re: did psychedelics worsen any of your psychological conditions [Re: ExplosiveMango]
    #7768966 - 12/17/07 11:05 AM (16 years, 3 months ago)

I think psychedelics have givin me a little bit of social anxiety, and at times I kinda feel paranoid like everyones looking at me. But I almost guarantee all of that will go away once I quit smoking weed. :shrug:

But the ways psychedelics have changed me in positive ways definitely outweigh the negatives.

Quote:

Yeah man, me too about the trees. I always am looking at them. They are so beautiful after I have used psychedelics.

That's exactly how I feel. :thumbup:

--------------------

InvisibleApollyphelion
Dungeon Master/Princess(1009)
Female User Gallery

Loc: Festival of Deaths
Re: did psychedelics worsen any of your psychological conditions [Re: theorganicdomino]
    #7769018 - 12/17/07 11:18 AM (16 years, 3 months ago)

Honestly, I used psychedelics to see how far I have gotten with my "psychological problems" (Subjective Mind Garbage)

So basically what I would do, is "work on my mind" in sobriety (usually through art therapy, intense introspection, meditation, and general conversation between everyday travellers) After all the days mental work was done, I'd strip all the work apart, lay down the pieces (in an order I was sure I could assemble said thought structure back again) and test it against the psychedelic at hand (Salvia excluded, unless it is to test an immediate idea or feeling; Salvia definatley has the weirdest memory/fading signal ratios to the the context of the NOW)

After I worked out my problems, I'd trip, and lay out my self naked and see if I was going to be raped, loved, or left alone by the drug.
I have never been mentally raped, and all my tests against myself using the drug have been at best Amazing and Unspeakable, and at the very least nothing.

So I guess I don't get my work done WHILE tripping, but allows me to have a "bird's eye view" of my Mental Garbage. Using the Bird's Eye View I can see if I am being a good Boss/Employer to the Elves that live in my head; The elves are controlled by the Dwarves, though. Both of them try to keep the Aliens from invading, at bay.

COMPLETELY SERIOUS.

PERFECTLY FLAWED.

OfflineDreamer987
The VerbalHerman Munster
Female

Loc: Texas
    #7769105 - 12/17/07 11:33 AM (16 years, 3 months ago)

A couple of scary mushroom trips left me paranoid, and jumping at my own shadow for a few weeks afterword. Also some minor hppd, and feeling like i was still on the comedown all the time.
That went away, but come to think about it, must have left some sourt of lasting impression.

--------------------

Invisibledemiu5
humans, lol
 User Gallery

Loc: the popcorn stadium Flag
    #7769150 - 12/17/07 11:39 AM (16 years, 3 months ago)

dramatically increased anxiety and a lack of humour resulted from excessive cannabis and mushroom use

heavy (for me) lsd use has actually kind of changed a lot of this recently, although it feels like my brain works differently, i can make a fool of myself and not be thinking/worrying with what other people think [to the point of it interfering with having fun], and i've been a lot more outgoing lately too

--------------------
channel your inner Larry David

OfflineDivided_Sky
Ten ThousandThings

Loc: The Shining Void
Re: did psychedelics worsen any of your psychological conditions [Re: Apollyphelion]
    #7769158 - 12/17/07 11:40 AM (16 years, 3 months ago)

In general I think psychedelics have healed me of alot of big issues, but sometimes they do leave scars in their place from the intensity. For me it is anxiety at times, or weird thoughts trying to analyze existential stuff.

However, I think this is more a product of me ignoring difficult elements of a trip and then moving on to the next one without fully resolving the last.

I do feel I am much happier and sane person, but it does come with a knowledge of both heaven and hell and deep pain or fear.

--------------------
1. "After an hour I wasn't feeling anything so I decided to take another..."
2. "We were feeling pretty good so we decided to smoke a few bowls..."
3. "I had to be real quiet because my parents were asleep upstairs..."

InvisibleRobMarley420
LSD Enthusiast
Male User Gallery

Loc: Mushroom Mountain
Re: did psychedelics worsen any of your psychological conditions [Re: demiu5]
    #7769238 - 12/17/07 11:55 AM (16 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

demius said:
a lack of humour resulted from excessive cannabis and mushroom use

That's odd, I feel psychedelics have increased my humor, sometimes I find the dumbest shit hilarious.

--------------------

InvisibleChronic7
Re: did psychedelics worsen any of your psychological conditions *DELETED* [Re: RobMarley420]
    #7769617 - 12/17/07 01:23 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

Post deleted by Chronic7

Reason for deletion: .

--------------------

Offline2859558484
Growery is Better
 User Gallery

Re: did psychedelics worsen any of your psychological conditions [Re: Chronic7]
    #7769653 - 12/17/07 01:29 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

increased my everyday empathy. made me see the "lightat the end of the tunnel" i have slight mental aftereffets (mostly from lsd and recently, dmt) but nothing unenjoyable.

--------------------

InvisibleChronic7
Re: did psychedelics worsen any of your psychological conditions [Re: 2859558484]
    #7769669 - 12/17/07 01:34 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

wowitch17 said:
increased my everyday empathy. made me see the "lightat the end of the tunnel" i have slight mental aftereffets (mostly from lsd and recently, dmt) but nothing unenjoyable.

Ive only ever done shroomz and weed (psychedelic) i get after effects, usually a dense head  then days/months after i get little flashes out the corner of my eye, i like to think of them as glimpses of Doors to other dimensions, which can be "explained" by quantum physics :wink:

I also get lots of hallucinations when i smoke weed with tobacco or drink certain kinds of alcohol. Lots of Cevs.

--------------------

OfflineNess1
Spreading myinvisible wings
Male

Re: did psychedelics worsen any of your psychological conditions [Re: 2859558484]
    #7769670 - 12/17/07 01:35 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

Acid helped me get over my depression.

--------------------
I know what they'll find, it's in their mind, it's what they want to see. Spare me from the light, here comes the night and here I'll stay, waiting for darkness.

Invisibleflavoraid
now with twicethe ketamine andopiates!
Male

#7769676 - 12/17/07 01:36 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

xanax and my anxiety

when I quit doing opiates and benzos ive been having like anger attacks and anxiety... I also get super moody like i'll cry at night for no reason occasionally. when I used to do opiates and benzos and drink everyday I'd just workout and put people in their place all the time. I was an asshole to everyone and I was content now i'm all confused all the time and squirly moody ect

and I haven't slept in a while so this prob doesn't make complete sense

--------------------
coda said:
imachavel, Man you really need to do some reading, the amount of bullshit you put into almost every single one of your posts is absolutely astounding.

InvisibleChronic7
Re: did psychedelics worsen any of your psychological conditions [Re: flavoraid]
    #7769700 - 12/17/07 01:43 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

flavoraid said:
xanax and my anxiety

when I quit doing opiates and benzos ive been having like anger attacks and anxiety... I also get super moody like i'll cry at night for no reason occasionally. when I used to do opiates and benzos and drink everyday I'd just workout and put people in their place all the time. I was an asshole to everyone and I was content now i'm all confused all the time and squirly moody ect

and I haven't slept in a while so this prob doesn't make complete sense

doing drugs that supress emotion is only putting it off, eventually you gotta feel something, i used to drink and smoke to forget

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies