Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Pan Cyan Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinetyler_0_durden
Stranger

every shroom i've found is not active. but take a look at the pics!
    #7757941 - 12/14/07 11:12 AM (16 years, 4 months ago)

Well, so I've been wanderin around the great ol' PNW for a while now, searching for the sacred mushrooms that contain psilocybin. I haven't found any...only mushrooms that would probably give me lots of GI problems!!

mushrooms growing ten feet up a tree

strange lookin buggers...

i have no idea what these are...they looked like psilocybes when i photographed them.

wtf are these? death caps??

wow, hey look...it's the most common lawn mushroom on the planet. oh yea, not active. Grrr..

oh my god! psilocybe cyanescens! Wait...no...they're not. Damnit.

check em out again...

--------------------
"As a man who has devoted his whole life to the most clear headed science, to the study of matter, I can tell you as a result of my research about atoms this much: There is no matter as such. All matter originates and exists only by virtue of a force which brings the particle of an atom to vibration and holds this most minute solar system of the atom together. We must assume behind this force the existence of a conscious and intelligent mind. This mind is the matrix of all matter."  --Max Planck

Edited by tyler_0_durden (12/14/07 11:14 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinehaymaker
Mr Psychonaut
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: United Kingdom Flag
Re: every shroom i've found is not active. but take a look at the pics! [Re: tyler_0_durden]
    #7758033 - 12/14/07 11:43 AM (16 years, 4 months ago)

theyre not death caps, death caps are pure white.

erm...a few nice photos there, cant help much with ID's im afraid.

the lawn mushrooms look like psathyrellas though

--------------------
"Make hay while the sun shines"
My Trade List

Offlinetyler_0_durden
Stranger

Re: every shroom i've found is not active. but take a look at the pics! [Re: haymaker]
    #7758079 - 12/14/07 11:53 AM (16 years, 4 months ago)

i thought destroying angels were the pure white ones, death caps have sort of a light brown color...but I'm not sure. either way they're both mean mushies that aren't afraid of killing anything that eats them.

--------------------
"As a man who has devoted his whole life to the most clear headed science, to the study of matter, I can tell you as a result of my research about atoms this much: There is no matter as such. All matter originates and exists only by virtue of a force which brings the particle of an atom to vibration and holds this most minute solar system of the atom together. We must assume behind this force the existence of a conscious and intelligent mind. This mind is the matrix of all matter."  --Max Planck

InvisibleantiPock
fighting entropy
Male User Gallery

Loc: Sol 3
Re: every shroom i've found is not active. but take a look at the pics! [Re: tyler_0_durden]
    #7758115 - 12/14/07 12:00 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

I like that first pic! It seems like a lot of fall non-active pics are coming out of the woodwork now that things are slowing down. I have another round to post myself if I can ever get around to it.

Invisiblescout24
Hallelujah!
 User Gallery

Loc: Disappear Here
Re: every shroom i've found is not active. but take a look at the pics! [Re: antiPock]
    #7758573 - 12/14/07 02:09 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

That first pic of honey mushrooms growing up the tree is very nice!

:borat:

--------------------
Always
Be
Closing

Offlineadrian7812
Stranger
Male

Loc: Sydney, Australia
Re: every shroom i've found is not active. but take a look at the pics! [Re: scout24]
    #7758744 - 12/14/07 02:56 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

Nice pictures. Shame none are active.

--------------------
Nothing I say is true. It is entirely fictional. In fact, my life is entirely fictional. I do not exist.

Offlinetyler_0_durden
Stranger

Re: every shroom i've found is not active. but take a look at the pics! [Re: adrian7812]
    #7762834 - 12/15/07 06:31 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

hmm...so I headed out today at around 3:00pm to one of my local parks, on a hunt for some Psilocybe Stuntzii. I remembered from a friend of a friend that they grew at the park, and I hadn't seen them before, so I decided to take a long stroll out in the cold rain to try and find some...

I came across mostly empty..until while I was taking a glance over my surroundings, a clump of white caught my eye off in the distance. I knew immediately what it was: mushrooms with white stems. They seemed to pop right out in my vision despite me being near-sighted, so I headed over to them. It was a group of three nestled underneath a deciguious(sp?) tree. I looked at them closely, and I think I actually might have found Psilocybe Cyanescens by accident haha. I felt them, and they felt rather rubbery, like they were drying out on their own already, or getting old. It seems that way given the pale color of the caps. I have the shrooms drying inside my computer case right now..

Stems: white to off-white, about 2cm in diameter, widening a tad more towards the top into a bulb-like structure, right in line with the gills.

Gills: light-brown to brown, to a deep brown. Edges of gills appear to be slightly darker than the sides.

Odor: distince "mushroomy" smell. smells quite awful really...haha.

Spore print: appears to be a purple-brown color. Spore print came out rather light due to the lack of moisture in the mushrooms. I rewetted them and took another spore print. It looks like a fairly dark brown.

Cap/Top: creamy tan color, fading to a pale tan color. Very dark color around edges of cap. Slight waviness, but mostly flat.

Bruising: No bruising noticed as of yet.

Pics (sorry i didn't get any pics of the habitat, i wanted to gtfo of there):

one of the caps.

More pics to come as I get my camera to stop acting up.

On a last note, it was observed at the time of the second spore print that little tiny bugs came out of hiding inside the shroom. I'm guessing this is a hint that it is probably edible, but can anyone confirm what i found is cyanescens? And the lack of bluing, is that common on older cyans, and maybe they blue when they're drying?

--------------------

Edited by tyler_0_durden (12/15/07 06:34 PM)

InvisibleGGreatOne234
Stranger
    #7762941 - 12/15/07 07:11 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

I'm not sure what that last one is.

But it is definately nothing psychoactive.

Psilocybe cyanescens almost always stain blue.

Invisiblescout24
Hallelujah!
 User Gallery

Loc: Disappear Here
    #7766632 - 12/16/07 06:08 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

2 cm is too thick for a cyanescens stem and it wouldn't have a bulb near the gills as you described. I'm sure some people don't like the smell, but I've never heard it described as awful. When fresh, it's clean and pleasant, and not distinctly mushroomy. As noted, most if not all, cyans stain blue to some degree.

I couldn't rule out cyan based on your picture alone, but the specimen is in poor condition and the pic is blurry and lacks detail. If you're new to making identifications, it helps a lot to have a mushroom in good condition.

--------------------
Always
Be
Closing

Offlinetyler_0_durden
Stranger

Re: every shroom i've found is not active. but take a look at the pics! [Re: scout24]
    #7767813 - 12/16/07 10:51 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

yeah these were kind of beat up, probably from an animal i'm guessing.

thanks for the help.

--------------------

InvisibleBlimeyGrimey
Collector of Spores
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Puget Sound
Trusted Identifier
    #7771972 - 12/17/07 10:14 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

Those mushrooms on the logs are honey mushrooms as stated by scout. I've seen that same log...... you live in the NW part of Seattle don't you?

"On a last note, it was observed at the time of the second spore print that little tiny bugs came out of hiding inside the shroom. I'm guessing this is a hint that it is probably edible"

-No, that isn't a sign that they are edible. Toxins that affect humans might not affect insects. I've seen slugs eat whole patches of stuntzii and cyanescens without any effects thus just because they didnt trip doesnt mean the mushroom wont make YOU trip.

--------------------
Message me for free microscopy services on Psilocybe, Panaeolus, and Gymnopilus species.

Looking for wild Panaeolus cinctulus and Panaeolus olivaceus prints.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Pan Cyan Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract