Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlinekidaihuan
First Growery Ban
 User Gallery

Loc: Shanghai, China
My Chinese girlfriend and I had a rough few days.........so we decided to get married.
    #7712818 - 12/03/07 08:46 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

A lot of you already know about this Chinese girlfriend, as someone decided to point out the fact that I was making some posts about her in the anonymous forum.

Anyway, I'll give a bit of info on what's up.

Here's a basic time line of the relationship.
-We internet dated for a long time, fell in love, sent nudes, etc.
-I came to Shanghai to live with her.
-She told her parents, they wouldn't let me live there, so we got an apartment.
-One month later, I had to go back to Canada.
-Four months later, she broke up with me because her parents put too much pressure on her.
-I spend a couple months finishing my study, then jump on a plane to China.
-I spend one month living with a female friend.
-I spend three months living in a hostel.
-The ex-girlfriend contacts me and asks me if I want to go to Beijing.
-I meet her in Beijing, she's there for work so she has a hotel room.
-The hotel room has one bed.
-She fakes conversation, with a small, sexy silk dress on. Nipples visible through it.
-Tells me she wants sex, but after Beijing we won't see each other again.
-We had a great time for three days, then went back to Shanghai separately.
-We go on some dates, I go with her and her cousins a few times.

Then we're basically back together, but her parents don't know and she won't promise me any future together, although she talks about our future, she will not admit there is one.

What follows is what happened the last couple days.
Take note that this was all over MSN, so her quotes are exact and the grammar is unchanged.
=================================================

I was talking to some American that lived in Shanghai for seven years, primarily because he likes weed, dated a Chinese girl of 23 when he was 14, and he looks like a Mexican.

We talked, and talked, and he told me that his dad used to make 30,000rmb teaching English in Shanghai. I ask about his resume, 35 years experience, training in 3 countries... etc. Not something I'll ever have on my resume.

But I decided I would tell my girlfriend the amount of money he made, without mentioning the resume requirements. So I did. And as expected, she says.

"Wow. I can buy many bags with that money. Can you get a job like that?"

And I decide to play her a bit, see if she's greedy. Just out of fun.

So I tell her that I don't need so much money, it's too much for my single life.

Then, as expected, she tries to convince me that I do
"If you want to live in China, haha, you won't say that. You need to pay everything. Once you are sick, go to hospital, that thing costs huge money."

I say, "But your family combined has never made that much money, how are they still alive?"

"Life can be cheap, uncomfortable, or expensive - convenient. Do you like spend 1.5 hours take buss, subway home or spend 30 minutes driving home?"

Then I tell her, "But saving an hour of resting on the subway is better than the work required to get such a good job."

She says ok. And I thought it was over. No biggy.
But here's the shocker.

I asked her why she tried to convince me I needed so much money.

She said, "You don't, I wish I had it. That's all. And why I need so much money, because I want to buy a house. Why I want to buy a house, because I can to live alone, without my parents. Why I want to live without my parents, because I want my own life. If I can buy a house, my parents won't say much."

I didn't know what to say, so I said good bye and we stopped talking.
-------------------------------------

Next day I ask her what I should say. She says just hold her. I'm ok with that.

She asks if I hate her. I tell her I don't think so. She tells me she's such a bitch. I say nothing.

------------------------------------

Later on I tell her that if she wants to marry me, she must marry me before I start work.

She accused me of not wanting to work. But this isn't true.

I told her the truth, that it is because I want to be sure she wants to be with me for the right reasons.

She again told me she was a bitch. Nothing more was said.

----------------------------
This morning after a while she asks me,

"What should I say?"

I tell her that I don't know.

Later on she asks, "What do you want me to say?"

I tell her, "Maybe that I should buy you a ring, maybe not. I don''t know what I want you to say. You don't need to say anything right now."

About ten minutes later, she asks me.
"Can you buy me a ring?"

I say yes.

Then she adds, "A pretty one. Not some ring for my mom."
(The mom thing is because all of the clothing/bags (cheap) I have bought for her have been nice in my eyes, but in fact, they are more suited to a middle aged woman than someone her age. She doesn't mean expensive by pretty.)

=========================================

So, that's it. That's how it happened.

Now, how should I pick the ring?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleInnominate
Male

Re: My Chinese girlfriend and I had a rough few days.........so we decided to get married. [Re: kidaihuan]
    #7712841 - 12/03/07 08:53 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

Get the fuck out of there. Now.

Offlinekidaihuan
First Growery Ban
 User Gallery

Re: My Chinese girlfriend and I had a rough few days.........so we decided to get married. [Re: Innominate]
    #7712847 - 12/03/07 08:55 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

Nah, nah, nah.

I know it sounds crazy, after what I've shown you, but there are many good things in this relationship that I'm not going to pass up on.

I'm confident in my decision.

InvisibleInnominate
Male

Re: My Chinese girlfriend and I had a rough few days.........so we decided to get married. [Re: kidaihuan]
    #7712858 - 12/03/07 08:59 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

Well, I wish you the best. I've been in that kind of situation, and I know there's not much I can say to make you change your mind. You might want to consider a pre nup. Good luck.

OfflinedeXtrous
complete tool
Male

Loc: Australia
Re: My Chinese girlfriend and I had a rough few days.........so we decided to get married. [Re: Innominate]
    #7712865 - 12/03/07 09:00 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Innominate said:

Seriously

Offlinekidaihuan
First Growery Ban
 User Gallery

#7712871 - 12/03/07 09:02 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Innominate said:
Well, I wish you the best. I've been in that kind of situation, and I know there's not much I can say to make you change your mind. You might want to consider a pre nup. Good luck.

Will consider.

But I don't have anything valuable anyway. No house, no car, no cash.

Offlinemakaveli8x8
Stranger
Male User Gallery

#7712884 - 12/03/07 09:05 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

well if your ok with everything valuable you end up getting...being all her's then you should be set, because she has clearly stated to you that "she is a bitch", so be ready for w/e that word means in chinese

--------------------
We were sent to hell for eternity :hellfire: Ø:omgawesome:h®
We play on earth to pass the time :foreheadslap:

Over-population the root of all Evil-brings the Elites Closer to the gates.

Invisibletiny_rabid_birds
Nocturnal
 User Gallery

Loc: estados unidos Flag
    #7712886 - 12/03/07 09:06 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

dude.... don't take offense or anything, but how old are you? are you really, really sure that marriage is a smart idea? I know the relationship can be great and that you two love each other, but wouldn't it be wise to just let things lie for a while, just to make sure the relationship can endure the test of time?

i'm not saying don't get married, just that you should really wait a bit. it doesn't seem to be the most stable relationship, and you don't want to end up another divorce statistic.

--------------------

Offlinekidaihuan
First Growery Ban
 User Gallery

Re: My Chinese girlfriend and I had a rough few days.........so we decided to get married. [Re: tiny_rabid_birds]
    #7712903 - 12/03/07 09:09 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

Divorce rates aren't that high here.

But anyway.

I want to live with her and if she lives with me, her family will out her again. Unless we get married.

It must be done!

InvisibleGGreatOne234
Stranger
    #7712919 - 12/03/07 09:12 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

First of all buddy, you are way too young to even think about getting married. You are way too unexperienced with women to even deal with this relationship. You went WAY out of your way to move to China to be with this chick (surpriseingly, I actually moved to china with a women to do the same stupid stuff you are doing...but in a slightly more fucked up version maybe)

Women want money from their men for the most part, they want a man who can support them and you're too young to even start doing that if you ask me.

This chick soooo much has the upper hand on you and you dont even see it. You're blind to it.

And, it is extremely common in China for families to live together in the same house. Not like in north america. In China the whole family often lives together with the kids, mom, dad, grandma, grandpa, cousins, the whole shabang bro, for their whole lives chinese live like that often

i've been back and fourth with you in the anonomous forum, and i kinda like you, because ive done the same thing in my life moving to stupid-China to be with a women I was in love with.

Anyways, you're waaayyy too young and waayy to unexperienced. You can put a ring on her finger and be all engaged and shit, but if I was you I would prolong that wedding sooo far away, because believe me, the chances are very high for you that shit is going to hit the fan eventually and then you'll be stuck in stupid-China wondering what the hell happened and why you're even there.

Just from reading your topic, I can tell you, this brawd is playing you like a one of those annoying chinese string insturments (i forget what theyre called) that make that loud annoying screechy noises. She's fucking with your head in all sorts of ways, and is doing a very successful job at doing it i might add.

Maybe i am wrong, maybe you are in "love"..you can put a ring on her finger if it makes you feel better, but prolong that wedding sooo far ahead in the future if you know what is good for you.

GGreatOne234

Invisibletiny_rabid_birds
Nocturnal
 User Gallery

Loc: estados unidos Flag
    #7712937 - 12/03/07 09:15 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

lives with you where? do you even have a job? you're severely under-qualified for that job you spoke of in your story

her being so excited at the prospect of money, you tactfully leaving out information about your ability to get that job; there are just so many uncertain/false pretenses in this engagement, it's just asking for trouble.

--------------------

Offlineskydog
Coffee & Blunts
Male User Gallery

#7712948 - 12/03/07 09:17 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Innominate said:

I have to agree

especially since you didn't post any pix :goodmorning:

--------------------
:yesnod::thumbup:

InvisibleGGreatOne234
Stranger
Re: My Chinese girlfriend and I had a rough few days.........so we decided to get married. [Re: tiny_rabid_birds]
    #7713016 - 12/03/07 09:33 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

He can get a job teaching english lessons in China faster than he could get a job scrapeing shit off the ground in Canada. For most places you don't need any type of degree or any experience doing it, all you have to do is walk into a english lessons place and say a few sentences in english and he could get a job faster than a chinese person can make a fucking stirfry. I'm not kidding you, I did it myself.

Offlinekidaihuan
First Growery Ban
 User Gallery

#7713027 - 12/03/07 09:35 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

I think she knows that I can't get that job.

The jobs that I would be capable of without additional training and experience would pay about 8000rmb per month + apartment. (Teaching English. This is about $1100 US/CAN and would provide a fairly good life for me. Her job is IT with 4000rmb per month, 4 years university. Her parents are uneducated and make 700rmb each per month.)

To clear things up, she's not living with me now. And I am familiar with the Chinese traditional many families per house. Her family has a pretty big ass house, for China, so after marriage, hopefully I can live there.

Edited by kidaihuan (12/03/07 09:37 PM)

OfflineXeluc
Traveler
Male

Re: My Chinese girlfriend and I had a rough few days.........so we decided to get married. [Re: skydog]
    #7713040 - 12/03/07 09:38 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

I agree with ggreatone 234. Get engaged to her, but don't get married to her, or maybe don't even set a date with her right away.
This girl told you she didn't even EXPECT a future for you two. That was her thinking of herself and her future, making sure she didn't back into any holes that she couldn't get out of later on if she decided that you weren't what she wanted.
YOU are doing EXACTLY what she was trying to AVOID. Pardon the caps.
What I believe you should do, is don't back into that bottomless pit of marriage until you know it's right.
This girl knows your going to be worth something. I would rather marry a girl who didn't know my net worth, but it's too late for that now.
She has shown herself to be the scourge of the woman gender, the Gold Digger. How you choose to deal with THIS situation may well decide your entire happiness in life. This is a really big deal and I'm not sure if you realize the consiquences that may (and I feel will) come of marrying this girl so soon.
I apologize if I offend you, but I can see you giving a big sigh of relief when this girl fucks up or leaves you, and you had decided not to marry her, so it would be a live and learn situation. If you had been married though. Your life and well-being could well be irreperably damaged. I would think VERY hard before giving this girl (who I believe is a freeloader looking to get a better life than she grew up in, with the least effort possible) your financial wellbeing.
Regardless, I bid you good luck, however you decide to go about this situation.

Offlinemakaveli8x8
Stranger
Male User Gallery

#7713044 - 12/03/07 09:39 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

lol your gf is saying "i wanna live on my own on my own with your money" and your saying "i wanna live with her parents" :lol:

never bail a relationship out with a ring, because thats all it will ever be worth...a ring which will be sold as soon as she realizes all she's getting after that is teabags

--------------------
We were sent to hell for eternity :hellfire: Ø:omgawesome:h®
We play on earth to pass the time :foreheadslap:

Over-population the root of all Evil-brings the Elites Closer to the gates.

Offlinegreystealth
Corrupt Cop

Re: My Chinese girlfriend and I had a rough few days.........so we decided to get married. [Re: makaveli8x8]
    #7713091 - 12/03/07 09:47 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

Although it is fun to be spontaneous, I know. At least give this more thought- I don't think she wants marriage for the right reasons. You'll regret it later.

--------------------

Offlinekidaihuan
First Growery Ban
 User Gallery

Re: My Chinese girlfriend and I had a rough few days.........so we decided to get married. [Re: makaveli8x8]
    #7713096 - 12/03/07 09:48 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

Yeah...

We'll see what happens. I don't plan to set a date, and when we do, it will basically be going to hong kong, getting married, then coming back to Shanghai to have the wedding supper.

There isn't any fancy dresses or anything in her family tradition...

I realize what she was saying.

The thing is though, I'm never going to own any property here, at least not for many years, so in reality, there won't be much she can take for a long time. If she was playing me, she couldn't stop at marriage. It'd have to go on forever.

I think it's more than that. If she wanted money, she has a lot better options than me.

Offlinekidaihuan
First Growery Ban
 User Gallery

#7713112 - 12/03/07 09:50 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

It's not spontaneous, at all.

Before the breakup we had talked a lot about marriage and it was in the plans. But the legal problems that caused me to go back to Canada took a big toll.

Since then we've talked a little, not directly saying marriage between us, but talked about our lives in the future... including marriage. Talked about our lives together.

I think it'll work out. When we lived together, that was amazing. Best time of my life.

OfflineXeluc
Traveler
Male

#7713127 - 12/03/07 09:54 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

If she can't even be straight up about marriage, why are you considering it?

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order