Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   OlympusMyco.com Sterilized Grain Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisibleykk
re-member

what's a-happenin here (contam)?
    #770641 - 07/23/02 12:45 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

okay, i've grown before using the alien-substrate. it changed a little since last time i've used it.
so i inoculated 10 jars with 3 different strains.
it now seems like at least 6 are contaminated. they smell kinda sour. or like sweaty feet or something. myc grow has halted which might also be because of too little air exchange(?). odd thing being: there doesn't seem to be a contam growing, i looks more like the grains pushed against the glass look like they're melting. some of my jars did have a little too much moisture, but i don't think this is just soaked grain (the smell).
4 other jars were inoculated with my homemade syringe which was a blast-o-spores, therefore colonizing much quicker. one of those jars is fully colonized but got this huge brown spot on the mycelium on the bottom. i wish a had a camera. i was thinking of an in-vitro shroom that's already started to rot?

i'm rambling. i beg for input. should i birth that one caked? should i go for more air-exchange eventhough some jars prolly are contaminated (though invisible)?

aww, any tips that hep me get at least some of my patients thru this difficult time?

peas&peaches
ykk

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibleykk
re-member

Re: what's a-happenin here (contam)? [Re: ykk]
    #770670 - 07/23/02 01:03 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

oh wait, could this be bacterial contamination? could the new rye-berries factor be the troublemaker? should this go to the contamination-forum?
if yes+mod=move+thanks.
help=good karmax2

OfflineAnnoA
Experimenter
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: my room
    #770673 - 07/23/02 01:04 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

>or like sweaty feet or something.

This sounds like bacterial contamination, Insuficient sterilisation the likely cause.

Invisibleykk
re-member

Re: what's a-happenin here (contam)? [Re: Anno]
    #770716 - 07/23/02 01:27 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

hmm, i did everything exactly as outlined in the alien-substrate-tech. should i increase the time of the pcookin?
also, is the anything i could do to save some jars? as in, doing wicked stuff with h2o2 or the like?

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
Two inch dick..but it spins!?
 User Gallery

Loc: Lost In Space
    #770720 - 07/23/02 01:28 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

My tip would be to post in the correct forum.

And I'm puzzled why admins and mods answer questions that are posted in the wrong forum without mentioning that it's the wrong forum, and why they don't move posts to the correct forum.

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

OfflineAnnoA
Experimenter
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: what's a-happenin here (contam)? [Re: luvdemshrooms]
    #770805 - 07/23/02 02:11 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

We don?t have to hear from you what you think where this belongs. Either you contibute something positive, or don?t contribute at all.

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
 User Gallery

#770889 - 07/23/02 02:39 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

Yes, but hear you shall.

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
 User Gallery

#770896 - 07/23/02 02:43 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

Sadly, you shouldn't have to hear it from me.

Seeing as it is in the very first post on the page, it shouldn't have to be said by anyone.

Since the rules are being enforced in OTD, shouldn't they be enforced here as well?

I've copied it as a reminder of the forum rules posted by bluhoney. Here it is...

Also take note of these guidlines as well:
1. No flaming(talking trash about one another)
2.No Double Posting
3.No off topic posts
4.If you need spore vendor advise please go hereSporevendor
5. No Spamming( posting for no other resason than to promote something)

I changed the text to bold so no-one would miss it.

--------------------

Edited by luvdemshrooms (07/23/02 02:44 PM)

OfflineAnnoA
Experimenter
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #770907 - 07/23/02 02:46 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

No, really , I mean it.
I know that your intention is to bring things in order.
You are obviously a very order loving person.
So am I.
but it doesn?t help if you spawn(yeah, a cultivation term ) every thread you don?t find appropriate with your negativity.

Comment on it, if you have to, but at least give some kind of (concrete) advice, don?t only reproach.

Invisibleykk
re-member

#772044 - 07/23/02 11:20 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

aww, thanks i hate that. "8 replies", me thinks, "there surely must be some good info." open it up and it's all yadayada.
see my 2. reply. i noticed my error. last time i grew fungis, there WASN't a contamination-forum, and a question like that would've gone to the grow-forum. can you at least try to see that i really would like to get constructive replies myself and therefor don't see a reason to post off-topic on purpose?
really, constant posts about something being off-topic, are generally off topic.

anyway, Anno, do you think i could use h2o2 to get rid of the bacterial contam? i also thought about taking the almost fully colonized cake and cut off the outer layers, then birth that "inner piece" for inner peace?
could that work?

peas&peaches
ykk

Invisibleutopianglory
Spunkmuffin
    #772105 - 07/24/02 12:45 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

Actually, the point of the matter about posting in general is a great number of people do not frequent the contamination forum because after all it deals in the unfun side of cultirvation

.yet another post off the topic in this forum

OfflineAnnoA
Experimenter
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #772116 - 07/24/02 12:58 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

>anyway, Anno, do you think i could use h2o2 to get rid of
>the bacterial contam?
Rather no. H2O2 is better at preventing contamination than at fighting it.

> i also thought about taking the almost fully colonized cake
>and cut off the outer layers, then birth that "inner piece" for
>inner peace?
>could that work??

If the cake is not contaminated throughout, it might work.

But geting rid of contaminted stuff is allways better than any attempt of saving it....

- > Contamination Forum.

InvisibleHippie3
mycotopiate
 User Gallery

Loc: mycotopia.net
    #774902 - 07/25/02 03:28 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

you might consider using a solution of 1 part bleach to 100 parts water to kill the bacteria, just submerge the substrate material in the solution for about 10 minutes and drain well.

--------------------
Admin @ mycotopia.net
Mycotopia

Invisibleykk
re-member

Re: what's a-happenin here (contam)? [Re: Hippie3]
    #775122 - 07/25/02 05:18 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

hmm, now that sounds interesting. have you tried that before? is there an official-kinda tek? any more details? (you knew you where in for that question-thing, eh )
are you talking about doing that before birthing or even on not yet fully colonized cakes?
please, do tell. i kinda feel like i should decide on the next steps pretty soon.

peas&peaches
ykk

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   OlympusMyco.com Sterilized Grain Bag