Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlinelearningtofly
Ancient Aliens
Male

Loc: Out of this world
Hallucinogens according to freevibe
    #7694014 - 11/29/07 08:41 AM (16 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Get the Facts

Hallucinogens affect your brain. Hallucinogens alter how the brain perceives time, reality, and the environment around you. They also affect the way you move, react to situations, think, hear, and see. This may make you think that you're hearing voices, seeing images, and feeling things that don't exist.

Hallucinogens affect your heart. The use of hallucinogens leads to an increase in heart rate and blood pressure. Hallucinogens can put you in a coma. They can also cause heart and lung failure. Hallucinogens affect your well-being. The use of hallucinogens may change the way you feel emotionally. They may cause you to feel confused, suspicious, and disoriented. Use of PCP may interfere with hormones related to normal growth as well as with the learning process.1

Hallucinogens affect your self-control. The impact of hallucinogens varies from time to time, so there is no way to know how much self-control you might maintain. They can cause you to mix up your speech, lose control of your muscles, make meaningless movements, and do aggressive or violent things.

Before You Risk It

Know the law. Hallucinogens are illegal to buy, sell, or possess.

Get the facts. Hallucinogenic drugs distort your perception of reality. Hallucinogens cause your sense of space and time to become distorted and cause you to see objects that aren't really there.

Stay informed. It's easy to quickly develop a tolerance to hallucinogens so that it takes more and more of the drug each time to get the same effect. This is dangerous because taking more and more of the same drug may lead to an overdose with severe effects.

Know the risks. Hallucinogens can cause flashbacks. Effects of the drugs, including hallucinations, can occur weeks, months, even years after use.

Look around you. The majority of teens are not using hallucinogens. According to a 2006 study, only 1.5 percent of 8th, 10th and 12th graders had used hallucinogens in the past 30 days. 2 And 92 percent of teens had never tried hallucinogens by the end of 12th grade.3

Know the Signs

How can you tell if a friend is using hallucinogens? Sometimes it's tough to tell. But there are signs you can look for. If your friend has one or more of the following warning signs, he or she may be using hallucinogens:

* Depression
* Weakness and lack of muscular coordination
* Anxiety or paranoia
* Trembling
* Nausea
* Dizziness
* Facial flushing
* Dilated pupils

What can you do to help someone who is using hallucinogens? Be a real friend. Encourage your friend to stop or seek professional help. For information and referrals, call the National Clearinghouse for Alcohol and Drug Information at 800-729-6686.

Q&A

Q. Do hallucinogens have long-term effects?
A. Yes. In addition to flashbacks, long-term effects may include decreased motivation, prolonged depression, anxiety, increased delusions and panic, and psychosis.

Q. Can I predict if I will have a "bad trip"?
A. There is no way to predict a "bad trip." There is no consistency in hallucinogenic drugs, so each "trip" may differ depending on the drug's strength and purity. The psychological effects of the hallucinogen are also dependent on the user's frame of mind.

Q. How can I help someone through a bad trip?
A. Don't try to handle this situation on your own; call 911 and a trusted adult immediately. While waiting, address the person by name, remind them who and where they are, talk to them calmly, make sure they're safe, and don't leave them alone.

The bottom line: If you know someone who uses hallucinogens, urge him or her to get help. If you're using them-stop! The longer you ignore the real facts, the more chances you take with your life.

It's never too late. Talk to your parents, a doctor, a counselor, a teacher, or another adult you trust.

Do it today!

Besides the fact that under tolerance it forgets to mention that it GOES AWAY after a week or so.... probably the worst thing it says on there is if someones having a bad trip don't help them... wtf is that, srsly?

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinecircularvortex
Bass Head
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Flag
Re: Hallucinogens according to freevibe [Re: learningtofly]
    #7694042 - 11/29/07 08:54 AM (16 years, 3 months ago)

Ya, calling 911 for somebody on a bad trip is a baaaaaaad idea.

--------------------
No statements made in any post or message by myself should be construed to mean that I am now, or have ever been, participating in or considering participation in any activities in violation of any local, state, federal, or fashion police laws. All posts are works of fiction.

For well you know that its a fool who plays it cool
By making his world a little colder.

Under closer inspection I realised it was a funky ball of tits from outer space.

OfflineStizzle
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Loc: Tuvalu
Re: Hallucinogens according to freevibe [Re: circularvortex]
    #7694071 - 11/29/07 09:05 AM (16 years, 3 months ago)

It has some truth but is obviously twisted one way.

Offlinetheorganicdomino
Psychedelic ZenBuddhist
Male User Gallery

Loc: Here & Now
Re: Hallucinogens according to freevibe [Re: Stizzle]
    #7694095 - 11/29/07 09:13 AM (16 years, 3 months ago)

"Q. Do hallucinogens have long-term effects?
A. Yes. In addition to flashbacks, long-term effects may include decreased motivation, prolonged depression, anxiety, increased delusions and panic, and psychosis."

Funny it doesn't mention the positive long term effects. Regular use of mushrooms (roughly once a month for the past five years) helped me pull myself out of alcoholism & drug addiction, gave me a sense of purpose in my life, I have become more creative and now enjoy life to the full.

People who knew me before have said that I'm a completely different person.

--------------------
"You've got to get hold of the thread of marching time, pull the fuck thing down, get on the end of it and pang yourself to the infinitude of absolute mind"
Ken Campbell - Furtive Nudist

"The mystery of life is not a problem to be solved but a reality to be experienced" - Aart van der Leeuw

Offlinelearningtofly
Ancient Aliens
Male

Loc: Out of this world
Re: Hallucinogens according to freevibe [Re: theorganicdomino]
    #7694102 - 11/29/07 09:16 AM (16 years, 3 months ago)

Did anyone else know if you buy drugs, like acid or shrooms, you are directly funding terrorism? I sure didn't.

--------------------

OfflineThe_Ghost
ゴースト

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: USG Ishimura Flag
    #7694154 - 11/29/07 09:33 AM (16 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Get the Facts
Stay informed. It's easy to quickly develop a tolerance to hallucinogens so that it takes more and more of the drug each time to get the same effect. This is dangerous because taking more and more of the same drug may lead to an overdose with severe effects.

Oh noezzz.

Quote:

Look around you. The majority of teens are not using hallucinogens. According to a 2006 study, only 1.5 percent of 8th, 10th and 12th graders had used hallucinogens in the past 30 days. 2 And 92 percent of teens had never tried hallucinogens by the end of 12th grade.3

Stathiztikz ftw. :flowstone:

OfflineHrethic
A Human, Being

Loc: Passing through the bulk Flag
Re: Hallucinogens according to freevibe [Re: The_Ghost]
    #7694194 - 11/29/07 09:47 AM (16 years, 3 months ago)

I don't care about all this shit anymore, wanna know why? Any kid who isn't smart or self motivated enough to just look online a little farther and see that what they're saying is absolute bullshit, OR just goes out and does some LSD or Mushrooms and finds out first hand that they're full of shit, doesn't deserve to do them in first place.

So fuck it, i hope they keep spreading their wrong message, cause you know what? People who know it's wrong, know it, and they find their way with or without drugs. And the dumb people who buy into it, well ok, they're dumb, end of story.

--------------------
Will all the big boomers please unveil, please unveil, please unveil.

OfflineVisionsToReality
RIBBONS

Re: Hallucinogens according to freevibe [Re: Hrethic]
    #7694239 - 11/29/07 10:04 AM (16 years, 3 months ago)

Ive heard about the respiratory failures. Ive wondered if that's real, but haven't looked up on it.

--------------------
Life is one big road with lots of signs,
So when you're ridin' through the ruts,
Don't you complicate your mind.

Flee from hate, mischief and jealousy
Don't bury your thoughts,
Put your vision to reality, yeah!

OfflineTHEBats
FuturePsychopharmacologist
Male

Loc: Florida
Re: Hallucinogens according to freevibe [Re: VisionsToReality]
    #7694530 - 11/29/07 11:52 AM (16 years, 3 months ago)

just by placing pcp in the same cateogory as hallucinogens makes everything said discrediable.

OfflineMuppet
Nomadic Jester
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: (523) 327-2836
Re: Hallucinogens according to freevibe [Re: circularvortex]
    #7694535 - 11/29/07 11:54 AM (16 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

circularvortex said:
Ya, calling 911 for somebody on a bad trip is a baaaaaaad idea.

yeah...no shit

if I were having a bad trip and a fucken ambulance showed up and tried to strap my ass down to a bed so that they could take me to detox or something - I would jump out of a fucken 10 story window just to get away from that shit

that's straight up horror movie crap right there to someone who's fucken frying like that  :yesnod:

--------------------

:craven:  Ravings of a Madman  :craven:

InvisibleBridgeburner
Not spiritual at all.
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Hallucinogens according to freevibe [Re: Hrethic]
    #7694601 - 11/29/07 12:17 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Hrethic said:
I don't care about all this shit anymore, wanna know why? Any kid who isn't smart or self motivated enough to just look online a little farther and see that what they're saying is absolute bullshit, OR just goes out and does some LSD or Mushrooms and finds out first hand that they're full of shit, doesn't deserve to do them in first place.

So fuck it, i hope they keep spreading their wrong message, cause you know what? People who know it's wrong, know it, and they find their way with or without drugs. And the dumb people who buy into it, well ok, they're dumb, end of story.

i agree :thumbup:

--------------------

OfflineVisionsToReality
RIBBONS

Re: Hallucinogens according to freevibe [Re: THEBats]
    #7694656 - 11/29/07 12:32 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

THEBats said:
just by placing pcp in the same cateogory as hallucinogens makes everything said discrediable.

Scientifically, PCP is technically a hallucinogen..

--------------------

Invisiblepong
kretan
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: west coast
    #7694838 - 11/29/07 01:25 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

yeah but its not really a psychedelic.

hallucinogen IMO does not = psychedelic

some people mix these up.

OfflineVisionsToReality
RIBBONS

Re: Hallucinogens according to freevibe [Re: pong]
    #7694872 - 11/29/07 01:32 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

Even if that were true, why would it make a difference. They're talking about hallucinogens as a broad group. Psychedelics may just be a subset of hallucinogens..

--------------------

InvisibletrendalM
J♠
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ontario, Canada Flag
    #7694929 - 11/29/07 01:50 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

VisionsToReality said:
Ive heard about the respiratory failures. Ive wondered if that's real, but haven't looked up on it.

I don't know that there have been any human studies...

However, in some of the literature it does give the LD50 for various hallucinogens for animal studies. LSD for one caused death via respiratory arrest ("anoxia resulting from throat spasm"), check out this link.

--------------------
Once, men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free.
But that only permitted other men with machines to enslave them.

Invisibleslackophage
Misanthropist
Male User Gallery

Loc: Seattleish
Re: Hallucinogens according to freevibe [Re: theorganicdomino]
    #7694944 - 11/29/07 01:59 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

theorganicdomino said:
Funny it doesn't mention the positive long term effects. Regular use of mushrooms (roughly once a month for the past five years) helped me pull myself out of alcoholism & drug addiction, gave me a sense of purpose in my life, I have become more creative and now enjoy life to the full.

People who knew me before have said that I'm a completely different person.

QFT.

Psychedelics, shrooms especially, have been of great benefit to me. I did a lot of high dose (10+ hits) solitary self-exploration trips in my late teens with both shrooms and LSD. I still like to do this, just not nearly as often and usually with low doses (.5-1.5g w/cranberry).

OfflineDrewwyann
Slayer of ticks
Male User Gallery

Loc: Atlantis
    #7694946 - 11/29/07 02:01 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

I hate freevibe. A bunch of bias-disinformative assholes run that site. Call the cops on some one is who having a bad trip? brilliant! how about supporting some one else's agenda for once? :mad2:

--------------------

Anyone need a glass pipe? : http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100002435158931

Love powerfully :peace::heart::peace:

Invisiblethoughts
imagining.
Male User Gallery

Loc: here.
Re: Hallucinogens according to freevibe [Re: Drewwyann]
    #7695000 - 11/29/07 02:17 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

If your friend is having a bad trip, you should take him to your sacred church and the priest may exorcise him. if not, then your friend may be possesed by Satan for eternity.

-hail satan-

--------------------
I need Jesus.

OfflineTHEBats
FuturePsychopharmacologist
Male

Loc: Florida
    #7695215 - 11/29/07 03:11 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

VisionsToReality said:
Quote:

THEBats said:

Scientifically, PCP is technically a hallucinogen..

Apples to oranges. yes pcp is a hallucinogen but I prefer to describe drugs as the subcategories of psychedelics, deliriants and dissociatives. I feel the category of hallucinogens is flawed and should be scraped which is why this is discredited. It automatically groups drugs into simple categories and clumps the effects all together.

OfflineVisionsToReality
RIBBONS

Re: Hallucinogens according to freevibe [Re: THEBats]
    #7695257 - 11/29/07 03:20 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

Well, they do specific things to specific systems in your body, and that's how the classification arises... I think that's good enough a way to do it..

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order