Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflinePhibes
Stranger
ID Plz - Brisbane,AUS (should i eat?)
    #7691872 - 11/28/07 06:17 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

Hi guys,

I'm new to hunting for shrooms, I went out last  night to a cow paddock in brisbane, the shrooms I found were not growing on an actual cow patty, but from the "enriched grounds amongst the many patties".

Bruising: More black then blue from what i can tell.
Cap: Slight goldish tinge at the very top of the cap.
Size: 1 inch cap, pretty small critters.

Hopefully you guys can help me :smile:
Thankyou.

Edited by Phibes (11/29/07 02:11 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offline2859558484
Growery is Better
 User Gallery

Re: ID Plz - Brisbane,AUS [Re: Phibes]
    #7691889 - 11/28/07 06:20 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

pan cyan. but badly damaged.

--------------------

Invisiblecactu
culture and magic
Male

Loc: mexicoelcentrodelconocimi...
Trusted Identifier
Re: ID Plz - Brisbane,AUS [Re: 2859558484]
    #7692306 - 11/28/07 07:39 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

i second that motion, :thumbup:
i unbelieve how  you guys have copes and cubes  there  those strain or races are very adapted to more colder enviroment that here in mexico  nice , :yesnod:
all my best

--------------------

cuando una rafaga del pensamiento nos pasa  al lado se puede sentir  que valio  la pena  haber vivido, y cuando ese pensamiento se  convierte en sueño no paramos de soñar hasta realizarlo

OfflinePhibes
Stranger
Re: ID Plz - Brisbane,AUS [Re: cactu]
    #7692605 - 11/28/07 08:45 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

Wow, this is unbelievable.
I'm pretty excited, if you guys are absolutely certain that what I found is a good variety of shroom and not some toxic species that will kill me I'm going to harvest a good batch tomorrow morning and hopefully bring back a few and have my first trip EVER :smile:

Few questions my friends,

1/ If mushrooms are damaged will they not be as potent?

2/ Lately it's been raining a little bit each day for the past week or so. So they see sun, dry weather for half the day and then some rain. Is this good for the growth or these mushrooms or is sun evil?

3/Approx. how many of these mushrooms would I have to eat fresh to have a good first trip? assuming that the caps are same size as in my photo, 1inch wide etc.

Thanks for your help guys, hope to hear from you soon and anyone else who can contribute.

Peace!

Offlinerainlover
Stranger

#7693054 - 11/28/07 10:35 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

this should help you decide how much to take:

http://www.shroomery.org/6257/Magic-Mushroom-Dosage-Calculator

InvisibleGGreatOne234
Stranger
    #7693119 - 11/28/07 10:59 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

Your photos are not that clear, but they appear to be Copelandia mushrooms in shabby condition. You want to find fresh healthy specimens and be as delicate as possible when picking and transporting them.

Quote:

1/ If mushrooms are damaged will they not be as potent?

True, they will be more potent if you find fresher specimens, but those blue/black ones will still be relatively potent.

Quote:

2/ Lately it's been raining a little bit each day for the past week or so. So they see sun, dry weather for half the day and then some rain. Is this good for the growth or these mushrooms or is sun evil?

Sun and rain is perfect.

Quote:

3/Approx. how many of these mushrooms would I have to eat fresh to have a good first trip? assuming that the caps are same size as in my photo, 1inch wide etc.

I would say start out with a dozen fresh specimens, maybe even less.

I suggest photographing your next finds and showing them to us before you do a bioassay.

OfflinePhibes
Stranger
Re: ID Plz - Brisbane,AUS [Re: GGreatOne234]
    #7693141 - 11/28/07 11:08 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

I do apologize for the quality of photo and the messed up condition of those samples.

I'll endeavor to bring back a good batch tonight and show you all.

My question now is this, do you know of any very deadly mushrooms around my part of the world that look very similar to copelandia's?

Thanks

OfflineSubbedhunter420
Solitary Hunter
Male User Gallery

Loc: LA/Ventura County
    #7693580 - 11/29/07 02:44 AM (16 years, 4 months ago)

mmm.. no deadly mushrooms that i know og grow from cow shit that looks like copes. only other panaeolus mushrooms like the antillarum complex. the entire genus is non poisonous.

OfflinePhibes
Stranger
Re: ID Plz - Brisbane,AUS [Re: Subbedhunter420]
    #7693624 - 11/29/07 03:52 AM (16 years, 4 months ago)

cool, that's awesome to hear!
pretty comforting, I can't wait for the hunt ^_^ Another 3 hours :wink:

I'm just enjoying some wine atm, get me in the right mindstate :wink:

:smile:

Offlineundergrounder
fluffy bunny
 User Gallery

Loc: Sydney Flag
    #7693627 - 11/29/07 03:56 AM (16 years, 4 months ago)

Enjoy em mate :thumbup:

just remember to post those finds up here beforehand just to make sure... and i want to see em!

--------------------
:igor: RIP :igor:

Bigger and bolder and rougher and tougher in other words sucka there is no other...
:pinkshroom: :supershroom: :mushroom2: :shroomer: :mushroom2: :supershroom: :pinkshroom:

OfflinePhibes
Stranger
Re: ID Plz - Brisbane,AUS [Re: undergrounder]
    #7697147 - 11/29/07 11:06 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

last night I didn't even go out hunting, I couldn't...

I was really drunk, I drank approx 2.5L of wine and then in my drunken state just decided to eat the 3 mushrooms i found (picture ones)...

Probably a pretty stupid thing to do considering I wasn't 100% sure if they were the good ones and if they were mixing shrooms with alcohol can be bad right?

Well, I had been drinking about that 2L of wine each night for the past 2 weeks so I can tell how it feels but after eating the mushrooms I had I just felt strange, bit gassy, bit queezey in the stomach and I couldn't really eat the pizza I got which I normally devour and think (i wish i had more)...
Then I started really freaking out about if I'd die from the mushrooms i ate, and was scared which is why I couldn't go hunt. I just was on my bed with the light on.

Do you think this was just a case of me being real drunk and just thinking that the mushrooms were going to fuck me up like a 'Placebo affect'?
Or could such a small dose added with a high intoxication lead to some sort of affect.

Thanks for the help, now I need to wait for it to rain again.

InvisibleGGreatOne234
Stranger
    #7697243 - 11/29/07 11:43 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

Those three little beat up shrooms in your picture probably wouldnt do too much for anybody after getting drunk like that.. alcohol kind of numbs the effects of Psilocybian mushrooms.. but it is OK to mix them for the most part.

You really should be more careful tho, we are here to guide you and teach you what is safe and what isnt. And eating mushrooms you are not 100% sure about is not "safe" to do.

Consider yourself a complete newbie, bring us good pictures and we can ID them for you. You're not going to learn how to be a very wise shroom hunter overnight, there is alot to learn about it. Luckily you have a camera and access to this forum, we'll show you the ways of the shroom.

Rest assured you didnt eat anything poisonous last night, but what you did was in poor form and an uneducated guess if you will.

Being a complete newbie like yourself, I wouldnt go as far to say that there are no poisonous look-a-likes to dung loving Copelandia because, ive seen people in this forum bring potentially poisonous dung-loving Conocybe mushrooms in here asking if they are Copelandia.

More commonly (and this probably happens in AU also) people mistake the poisonous Green Gilled Lepiota (Chlorophyllum molybdites) that they find in pastures for the psychoactive shroom Psilocybe cubensis. And those two mushrooms are a far call from eachother, but some newbies do it all too often because they dont know the first thing about mushroom identification and they are in a big hurry to trip-out on shrooms so...

anyways i am kind of out of it tonight. go try to find some more shrooms, just be careful out there and dont eat anything that is not properly identified.

GG

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck