Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Invisiblekupa trooper
Male User Gallery

Loc: Earth
Planet X ?
    #7686932 - 11/27/07 04:59 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

Does any body know or believe anything about this? It is also called Nibiru.

--------------------
I don't know but I've been told. It's hard to run with the weight of gold                                                                  On the other hand I heard it said. It's just as hard with the weight of lead.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleHuehuecoyotl
Fading Slowly
Male User Gallery

Loc: On the Border
Re: Planet X ? [Re: kupa trooper]
    #7687016 - 11/27/07 05:11 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

Astronomy would be the science forum. You might find something there.

--------------------
"A warrior is a hunter. He calculates everything. That's control. Once his calculations are over, he acts. He lets go. That's abandon. A warrior is not a leaf at the mercy of the wind. No one can push him; no one can make him do things against himself or against his better judgment. A warrior is tuned to survive, and he survives in the best of all possible fashions." ― Carlos Castaneda

Invisiblekupa trooper
Male User Gallery

Re: Planet X ? [Re: Huehuecoyotl]
    #7687034 - 11/27/07 05:13 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

thanks

--------------------
I don't know but I've been told. It's hard to run with the weight of gold                                                                  On the other hand I heard it said. It's just as hard with the weight of lead.

Offlinevaportrail
upandaway
Male

#7687047 - 11/27/07 05:15 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

I heard it was Pluto's moon for a portion of its orbit around the sun, but philosophically speaking, I know it to be Satan's child and will thus reign fiery lobsters down on us, in accordance with the ancient prophecies.

--------------------
and the hippos were boiled in their tanks

Invisiblekupa trooper
Male User Gallery

Re: Planet X ? [Re: vaportrail]
    #7687061 - 11/27/07 05:17 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

nice me too

--------------------

InvisibleOrgoneConclusion
Blue Fish Group
Male User Gallery

Loc: Under the C
    #7687107 - 11/27/07 05:24 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

I know that the last nutjob to bring this up stiffed me out of $20,000. (Do a search.)/i]

Look, this is way too fucking simple. There is either evidence for - in which case no opinion is necessary; or there is not - and no amount of belief will make an imaginary object appear nor is there any reason to discuss it.

Next.

--------------------

InvisibleMiddlemanM

#7688164 - 11/27/07 08:52 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

The real Planet X is coming from below the ecliptic plane in a strong elliptical orbit.
It is a Brown Dwarf star which can only be seen in the infrared spectrum,
which is why they recently put an infrared telescope on the south pole so they can track it.

Most stars in our galaxy are Brown Dwarfs and most star systems are binary, btw.

I'm moving this to M+P as it's not exactly a spiritual or philosophical topic and they would just laugh it off in S+T.

Invisiblekupa trooper
Male User Gallery

Re: Planet X ? [Re: Middleman]
    #7688184 - 11/27/07 08:57 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

cool

--------------------

InvisibleAlteredAgain
Visual Alchemist
 User Gallery

Loc: Solar Circuit
    #7688191 - 11/27/07 08:59 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

any clue as to how close it will pass through and what the effects of its arrival might be?

--------------------

Offline2FiNiTe
ConsideratlyKilling Me
Male User Gallery

Loc: New England
Re: Planet X ? [Re: vaportrail]
    #7688518 - 11/27/07 10:22 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

fiery lobsters is cool with me as long as their buttered with a hint of lemon.  Maybe some mash potatoes and scallops to go with them too.  Yum :borat:

--------------------
"Ours is a world of nuclear giants and ethical infants. We know more about war that we know about peace, more about killing that we know about living."

General Omar N. Bradley

Offlineelflord420
bringer of thedawn
Male User Gallery

Loc: washington
Re: Planet X ? [Re: 2FiNiTe]
    #7689052 - 11/28/07 01:30 AM (16 years, 4 months ago)

nibiru sacred planet of the gods, the 12th planet, destroyer of tiamat, watcher of the solar system

--------------------
Dont ever eat mushrooms and watch Total Recall

InvisibleMiddlemanM

Re: Planet X ? [Re: 2FiNiTe]
    #7689061 - 11/28/07 01:32 AM (16 years, 4 months ago)

Fiery lobsters :lol: Now that's funny.

No but seriously... it's for real.

Not sure on the date or proximity AA, too much disinfo out there,
but there is a lot of solid evidence that the Brown Dwarf indeed exists.

OfflineSeussA
Error: divide byzero

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Caribbean
    #7689245 - 11/28/07 06:02 AM (16 years, 4 months ago)

> but there is a lot of solid evidence that the Brown Dwarf indeed exists.

Solid evidence from scientists? If so, please post something from a journal. I hate living in ignorance and haven't heard anything about this on any of the astronomy sites that I read.

--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

InvisibleMiddlemanM

Re: Planet X ? [Re: Seuss]
    #7689443 - 11/28/07 08:09 AM (16 years, 4 months ago)

No, "solid" as in ancient stone. :shineon:

You won't find much evidence for anything too extraordinary in scientific journals.

Why does NASA refuse to release more than half of the data from ALL of the gadgets out there?

If you dig enough in the right places it becomes obvious they are hiding something... many things.

If we believe only what our government sanctioned scientific community tells us, in ignorance we shall remain.

There are many folks in high places who will tell you just that off the record.

Yes there is a plethora of disinformation and straight quackery out there but so are traces of the funky truth.

I won't bother relating what my unverifiable yet highly respectable sources have told me,
but back in the 1980's a couple of interesting articles surfaced, and the media has been strangely quiet about it ever since.
At the same time the media has been making a lot of distractive noise, recently about Pluto's demotion and Eris, the 10th planet's mini stunt double.

The New York Times
Sunday, January 30, 1983
Clues Get Warm in the Search for Planet X
John Noble Wilford

Something out there beyond the farthest reaches of the known solar system seems to be tugging at Uranus and Neptune.  Some gravitational force keeps perturbing the two giant planets, causing irregularities in their orbits.  The force suggests a presence far away and unseen, a large object that may be the long-sought Planet X.

Evidence assembled in recent years has led several groups of astronomers to renew the search for the 10th planet.  They are devoting more time to visual observations with the 200-inch telescope at Mount Palomar in California.  They are tracking two Pioneer spacecraft, now approaching the orbit of distant Pluto, to see if variations in their trajectories provide clues to the source of the mysterious force.  And they are hoping that a satellite-borne telescope launched last week will detect heat “signatures” from the planet, or whatever it is out there.

The Infrared Astronomical Satellite was boosted into a 560-mile-high polar orbit Tuesday night from Vandenberg Air Force Base, CA.  It represents an $80-million venture by the United States, Britain and the Netherlands.  In the next six or seven months, the telescope is expected to conduct a wide-ranging survey of nearly all the sky, detecting sources not of ordinary light, but of infrared radiation, which is invisible to the human eye and largely absorbed by the atmosphere.  Scientists thus hope that the new telescope will chart thousands or infrared-emitting objects that have gone undetected – stars, interstellar clouds, asteroids and, with any luck, the object that pulls at Uranus and Neptune.

The last time a serious search of the skies was made, it led to the discovery in 1930 of Pluto, the ninth planet.  But the story begins more than a century before that, after the discovery of Uranus in 1781 by the English astronomer and musician William Herschel.  Until then, the planetary system seemed to end with Saturn.

As astronomers observed Uranus, noting irregularities in its orbital path, many speculated that they were witnessing the gravitational pull of an unknown planet.  So began the first planetary search based on astronomers’ predictions, which ended in the 1840’s with the discovery of Neptune almost simultaneously by English, French and German astronomers.

But Neptune was not massive enough to account entirely for the orbital behavior of Uranus.  Indeed, Neptune itself seemed to be affected by a still more remote planet.  In the late 19th century, two American astronomers, William H. Pickering and Percival Lowell, predicted the size and approximate location of the trans-Neptunian body, which Lowell called Planet X.

Years later, Pluto was detected by Clyde W. Tombaugh working at Lowell Observatory in Arizona.  Several astronomers, however, suspected it might not be the Planet X of prediction.  Subsequent observations proved them right.  Pluto was too small to change the orbits of Uranus and Neptune; the combined mass of Pluto and its recently discovered satellite, Charon, is only one-fifth that of Earth’s moon.

Recent calculations by the United States Naval Observatory have confirmed the orbital perturbation exhibited by Uranus and Neptune, which Dr. Thomas C. Van Flandern, an astronomer at the observatory, says could be explained by “a single undiscovered planet.”  He and a colleague, Dr. Robert Harrington, calculate that the 10th planet should be two to five times more massive than Earth and have a highly elliptical orbit that takes it some 5 billion miles beyond that of Pluto – hardly next-door but still within the gravitational influence of the Sun.

Some astronomers have reacted cautiously to the 10th-planet predictions.  They remember the long, futile quest for the planet Vulcan inside the orbit of Mercury; Vulcan, it turned out, did not exist.  They wonder why such a large object as a 10th planet escaped the exhaustive survey by Mr. Tombaugh, who is sure it is not in the two-thirds of the sky he examined.  But according to Dr. Ray T. Reynolds of the Ames Research Center in Mountain View, CA, other astronomers “are so sure of the 10th planet, they think there’s nothing left but to name it.”

At a scientific meeting last summer, 10th-planet partisans tended to prevail.  Alternative explanations for the outer-planet perturbations were offered.  The something out there, some scientists said, might be an unseen black hole or neutron star passing through the Sun’s vicinity.  Defenders of the 10th planet parried the suggestions.  Material falling into the gravitational field of a black hole, the remains of a very massive star after its complete gravitational collapse, should give off detectable x-rays, they noted; no X-rays have been detected.  A neutron star, a less massive star that has collapsed to a highly dense state, should affect the courses of comets, they said, yet no such changes have been observed.

More credence was given to the hypothesis that a “brown dwarf” star accounts for the mysterious force.  This is the informal name astronomers give to celestial bodies that were not massive enough for their thermonuclear furnaces to ignite; perhaps like the huge planet Jupiter, they just missed being self-illuminating stars.

Most stars are paired, so it is not unreasonable to suggest that the Sun has a dim companion.  Moreover, a brown dwarf in the neighborhood might not reflect enough light to be seen far away, said Dr. John Anderson of the Jet Propulsion Laboratory in Pasadena, CA.  Its gravitational forces, however, should produce energy detectable by the Infrared Astronomical Satellite.

Whatever the mysterious force, be it a brown dwarf or a large planet, Dr. Anderson said he was “quite optimistic” that the infrared telescope might find it and that the Pioneer spacecraft could supply an estimate of the object’s mass.  Of course, no one can be sure that even this discovery would define the outermost boundary of the solar system.

U.S. News and World Report, September 10, 1984
Planet X — Is It Really Out There?

Shrouded from the sun's light, mysteriously tugging at the orbits of Uranus and Neptune, is an unseen force that astronomers suspect may be PLanet X — a 10th resident of the Earth's celestial neighborhood.

Last year, the infrared astronomical satellite (IRAS), circling in a polar orbit 560 miles from the Earth, detected heat from an object about 50 billion miles away that is now the subject of intense speculation.

"All I can say is that we don't know what it is yet," says Gerry Neugenbaur, director of the Palomar Observatory for the California Instititute of Technology. Scientists are hopeful that the one-way journeys of the Pioneer 10 and 11 space probes may help to locate the nameless body.

Some astronomers say the heat-emitting object is an unseen collapsed star or possibly a "brown dwarf" — a protostar that never got hot enough to become a star. However, a growing number of astronomers insist that the object is a dar, gaseous mass that is slowly evolving into a planet.

For decades, astromers have noted that the orbits of two huge, distant planets — Neptune and Uranus —deviate slightly from what they should be according to the laws of physics. Gravitational pull from Planet X would explain that deviation.

Morever, says Neugebaur, "if we can show that our own solar system is still creating planets, we'll know that it's happening around other stars, too."

Now I know astronomers will tell you that this is old news and nothing was found but why the article stating a heat signature was detected and then "Oh nevermind, it's nothing."

I won't even go into the peculiarities surrounding the SPIREX Telescope project...

I know it's more likely that all the Planet Xers are nutjobs than it is that a small group of scientists are being forced to ignore and conceal data, but like I said, if you dig around enough you will find that Occam's razor doesn't always apply.

OfflineSeussA
Error: divide byzero

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Caribbean
    #7689971 - 11/28/07 11:23 AM (16 years, 4 months ago)

> I know it's more likely that all the Planet Xers are nutjobs

I think the "planet x with moons dancing around in an attempt to get closer the planet spreading love and joy to the cosmos" type planet Xers are nutjobs, but space is awful big and there are a lot of unknowns out there. Nothing wrong with keeping an open mind, as long as one keeps a clear distinction between fantasy and reality.

--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

InvisibleMiddlemanM

Re: Planet X ? [Re: Seuss]
    #7690229 - 11/28/07 12:06 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

Nice. Distinguishing is half the battle...

InvisibleMiddlemanM

Re: Planet X ? [Re: elflord420]
    #7690261 - 11/28/07 12:12 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

elflord420 said:

nibiru sacred planet of the gods, the 12th planet, destroyer of tiamat, watcher of the solar system

I don't think that's it, it looks more like a supernova remnant.

Offlineelflord420
bringer of thedawn
Male User Gallery

#7690521 - 11/28/07 01:16 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

yeah that could easily not be it truely, never trust the internet! haha

if there is no 12th celestial body to our solar system, why would our ancestors recal on numerous text's that there indeed existed a 12th planet? And quite a bit of other ancient evidence.

why would our ancestors just make bullshit up? Oh no its fake, we live only now, life only ever existed in the age we are in. Go back to work, turn on the TV and never question anything

--------------------

InvisibleSilversoul
Rhizome
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Barricades
Re: Planet X ? [Re: elflord420]
    #7690535 - 11/28/07 01:20 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

What evidence is there that our ancestors knew of 12 celestial bodies? It was my understanding that prior to the 20th century, people didn't even know about any planets past Saturn.

--------------------

Offlineelflord420
bringer of thedawn
Male User Gallery

Re: Planet X ? [Re: Silversoul]
    #7690556 - 11/28/07 01:27 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Silversoul said:
What evidence is there that our ancestors knew of 12 celestial bodies? It was my understanding that prior to the 20th century, people didn't even know about any planets past Saturn.

HAHAHAH there is quite a bit of evidence, and there is much evidence showing that our ancestors knew of planets beyond the asteroid belt, youd be surprised, for one many anchient sumerians and mesopotamians called earth the 7th planet?

How could you call earth the 7th planet inless you knew of planets beyond the asteroid belt and counted inward towards the sun.... thats just one tiny example son, where we now on earth usually call earth the 3rd planet which is counting from the sun out.

go get a book called "the 12th planet" by zecharia sitchin

its a good starter on a search for truth

we are in an age of great density and confusion, called the kali yuga

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale