Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineWorkmanV
1999 Spore War Veteran
Male User Gallery

Loc: Oregon, USA
Trusted Identifier
Section Zapotecorum collections by cactu - a closer look.
    #7682281 - 11/26/07 03:39 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

I am still trying to get a handle on some of cactu's collections. All of the below species are considered in the Section Zapotecorum and are closely related. For a complete (or nearly complete) list with drawings of all of the species in this section, visit my journal.

All microscopic structures are at the same scale for easy comparions.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Collection #1 Psilocybe zapotecorum

Microscopic Features:
Spores: 6.5-7.4 µm, ellipsoid or subellipsoid
Pleurocystidia:19.5-27.5 by 10.5-17 numerous, large and obvious. Slightly wider than described.
Cheilocystidia: 13.3-16 by 3.6-5 µm (only 4 measured), lageniform with a long neck, one observed with a globose hyaline drop at apex, not extremely abundant.
Habitat:
Distribution: Jalisco, Mexico

Comments: An extremely good match to the description of P. zapotecorum in virtually all respects. The only minor difference is in the slightly wider pleurocystidia. Cheliocystidia were not as abundant as expected but it has been noted in other species that cheliocystidia numbers decline as specimens age.

Collection #2 Psilocybe subzapotecorum

Microscopic Features:
Spores: 5.5-7.0 µm, ellipsoid or subellipsoid, apparently small germ pore at one end and an acute short appendage at the other.
Basidia:
Pleurocystidia: 22-33 by 9-11 µm (only 3 measured), with odd finger-like projections, numerous and obvious.
Cheilocystidia: 16-28 by 4.4-8 µm occasionally forked.

Comments: Spore , cheilocystida and pleurocystidia (type A) size and shape agrees well with P. subzapotecorum but no type B pleurocystidia as described for P. subzapotecorum were observed. Sample needs to be reexamined to see if type B pleurocystidia are present.

Collection #3 Psilocybe species

Microscopic Features:
Spores: 5.6-7.0 µm
Pleurocystidia: 16-17 by 4.3-5.6 µm (only 3 measured)
Cheilocystidia: 11-15.3 by 3-4.7 µm
Habitat: Muddy soils in ravines with no vegetation, very near water, sometimes partially submerged.

Comments: Compare to P. angustipleurocystidiata and P. moseri. Spore size and pleurocystidia shape and size agree well with P. moseri but only one type of irregular cheilocystidia was observed and no pseudorhiza was noted. Cheliocystidia size and shape resembles that found in P. angustipleurocystidiata and the pleurocystidia are also in the right size range, but the spores are larger and the pleurocystidia are narrower in P. angustipleurocystidiata. More observations are needed.

Collection #4 Secotiod Zapotecorum

Microscopic Features:
Spores: 5.5-7.2 by 3.2-4.0 µm, ellipsoid or subellipsoid, broad germ pore at one end and an acute short appendage at the other.
Pleurocystidia: 15-27 µm (only 4 measured). Not similar to P. zapotecorum, compare with P. meridensis.
Cheilocystidia: (10)17-25 by 4-6(7) µm

Habitat: Know only from one location.

Comments: The lack of cap expansion resembles that seen in some forms of Psilocybe semilanceata and in secotiod forms of mushroom. This collection is unique in macroscopic form and is probably an undescribed species but may be a mutated form of a known species. Differentiation of the pleurocystidia from cheilocystidia was difficult due to the shallowness of the gills. It is possible that some of the isolated pleurocystidia in the micrographs were close to the gill edge and are actually cheilocystidia. Closer examination may be necessary. Microscopically, this species most closely resembles P. meridensis from Venezuala.

--------------------
Research funded by the patrons of
The Spore Works
Exotic Spore Supply

My Instagram
Reinvesting 25% of Sales Towards Basic Research and Species Identification :amanitajar:

Edited by Workman (11/26/07 07:13 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offline2859558484
Growery is Better
 User Gallery

Re: Section Zapotecorum collections by cactu - a closer look. [Re: Workman]
    #7682330 - 11/26/07 03:54 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

bravo workman, and cactu!

--------------------

OfflineDr. uarewotueat
Peyote Farmer
Male User Gallery

Loc: Uk / Philippines
Re: Section Zapotecorum collections by cactu - a closer look. [Re: Workman]
    #7682597 - 11/26/07 04:41 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

:rockon:

--------------------
View My Gallery

InvisibleMontanahunter420
Mushroom Hunter
Male User Gallery

Re: Section Zapotecorum collections by cactu - a closer look. [Re: Dr. uarewotueat]
    #7683297 - 11/26/07 08:04 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

:mushroom2::thumbup:

--------------------
All of my posts are purely fictional and for hypothetical purposes.

Invisiblecactu
culture and magic
Male

Loc: mexicoelcentrodelconocimi...
Trusted Identifier
Re: Section Zapotecorum collections by cactu - a closer look. [Re: Montanahunter420]
    #7683698 - 11/26/07 10:00 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

thank you workman, this open a hole new field of investigation, now i definitely need a microscope , ha ha , damn thank you
i can wait to learn all ,
you know i can´t be more grateful ,
a real peace of work .
since my first post of this species i notice the variation the diversity of environment even in so close area the slight variation in scales,sizes, nipples, striate margin , spore colors, did i say size yes size it does matter boys,pseudorryza, color of cap so many that not to good when you have that many variations , something most be there more then one, was my first guess in mi mind all the time well i even share that why you all, that find stroke me to my soul, for the first sing from maybe 2 meter or 3 more so , and well i say the story before we where looking for it i knew it was there my friend found it 2 years before, the hope and the vibration where there , so there , that my radar was beeping as mattso will say ,
so i say it before, we where turning around him , and finally i spot it, believe is not ego i spot it, in the second i see those thing in the vertical wall from 2 meter it was no doubt , i know you understand when your life get so mix up in a second with the mushrooms spirit i fell like a strike or a flash in my soul , incredible, well then we al know the joy , the ultimate joy , i call it the natural joy of mushrooms spirit, well the rest is history.

is real different to fell something that see it in a peace of paper with great explanations and head start to new horizon ts ,
since all this is happening in starting to believe the mutant is a new specie more and more there is some mutation that in Veracruz is going to describe as a new specie, but it was mistaken for a mutation of zapotecorum by the way i will try to locate where i have this information and translate it , well this is also happening with villareallae in different locations , so many variation so many similitude but and the same time slight differences well Guzman said some not resemble villarealli when i used to think for some macroscopic characteristic i observe, well this only probe about the poor study in Mexico we have but open a incredible work that is breaking that wall.
i say poor study because we don't have yet good study about potency in many ,many species even i can assure some can be extremely so .
for example this especies are something else , please good correct me if i´m wrong this are the most incredible in the world....
all my best i will revive all tread zapotecorun and allys deserve a more complete look ..........}
all my best vibration direct to you workman..

--------------------

cuando una rafaga del pensamiento nos pasa  al lado se puede sentir  que valio  la pena  haber vivido, y cuando ese pensamiento se  convierte en sueño no paramos de soñar hasta realizarlo

Offlineasci
HONGO
Male
Loc: oregon
Re: Section Zapotecorum collections by cactu - a closer look. [Re: cactu]
    #7683809 - 11/26/07 10:34 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

beautiful work!!

OfflinePinheadX
Stranger thanyou
Male User Gallery

Loc: TX Gulf Coast
Re: Section Zapotecorum collections by cactu - a closer look. [Re: asci]
    #7683848 - 11/26/07 10:47 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

Workman is the man... the mushrooms are the myth... cactu is the legend...

--------------------
If you want to find psilocybin in species that are not yet known to be psychoactive, you should do chemical tests. That way you won't get sick and die all the time.
- Alan Rockefeller

Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away."
- Philip K. Dick

Invisiblecactu
culture and magic
Male

Loc: mexicoelcentrodelconocimi...
Trusted Identifier
Re: Section Zapotecorum collections by cactu - a closer look. [Re: PinheadX]
    #7685294 - 11/27/07 10:03 AM (16 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

PinheadX said:
Workman is the man... the mushrooms are the myth... cactu is the legend...

:rofl:
can i have a t-shirt like that, just to show my childrens in the future...........
or something like i work for  mushrooms.or workman is my guide,
or i will work for workman  i have not absoluty problem to used that t shirt in my hunts.
all my best  vibration to you all , you know í´m kidding right i´m no one, just  a piece in the big game of mushrooms spirits....

--------------------

cuando una rafaga del pensamiento nos pasa  al lado se puede sentir  que valio  la pena  haber vivido, y cuando ese pensamiento se  convierte en sueño no paramos de soñar hasta realizarlo

Offlineakb112211
Stranger

Loc: UKUSANetherlands
Re: Section Zapotecorum collections by cactu - a closer look. [Re: cactu]
    #7685363 - 11/27/07 10:23 AM (16 years, 4 months ago)

oh no, I can see "buy cactu a microscope" thread being started. Then whats next..."buy cactu a greenhouse"...a lab too? why not?
haha just kidding.
I'd give you my microscope, but its hardly worth the shipping costs.
Great work! I love seeing serious work being done in the name of fun! That should be the essence life!

--------------------
"There never was and never will be,
Nor is there now,
The wholly criticized
Or the wholly approved"

OfflinePrankster239
Spore Searcher
Male User Gallery

Loc: Europe
Re: Section Zapotecorum collections by cactu - a closer look. [Re: akb112211]
    #7729860 - 12/07/07 05:50 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

Great pics :bowdown:

What a great year for the holy shrooms. Many spores, many pics and a new age maria sabina called cactu. Ok he is a very ugly wife but thats ok for us :grin:

Quote:

oh no, I can see "buy cactu a microscope" thread being started. Then whats next..."buy cactu a greenhouse"...a lab too? why not?
haha just kidding.

buy cactu a helicopter that he can search in the deep of the mountains

--------------------
Support www.fsre.nl !!!

I love to grow exotics with spores from Sporeworks

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract